IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

Wow, on Wednesday I shot a 44, on Friday I shot a 47, both on my CC, really tough course, then today I go out, expecting to shoot around 40 at this nice little public course near my cousin's, I started decently, not how I wanted, but 2 bogeys, so the goal was still in reach...or not, I ended up hitting a 9, 7, 7 string in route to a 56.

Terrible. Just terrible.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

Posted Images

41/46 = 87. I was happy with my score today but I really felt like I was working extremely hard to get it. I had a lot of mis-hits and needed to get up and down a lot. Only had 1 3 putt which made me happy.

73 at Camarillo Springs. Started the round off with a bogey and then 6 consecutive up and downs--ended up with only 7 gir and 5 fairways hit, so a good score with all things considered.

Well I played with some friends who know not their 5 iron from a wedge but I managed to stay concentrated on my game. Shot even on the front (37, 3 birds, 3 boges) and 1 over on the back (35 with 1 boge) for a 73. Very pleased.

8 over today...
bombed balls off the tee all day long...
approach shots were all crap... every single one...
any girs i got were wayyy far from the holes...
thank goodness my putting was just on fire today... 29 putts overall and 1 putted a few long ones

68 today (6 birdies / 2 bogies). Solid, no complaints. Putter was working, short game was good, and hit a ton of good tee balls.

71 yesterday *nothing over 74 the last 2 weeks (except a low 80's round during a qualifing tourney last week). HDCP trending to 0.7. Club championship is nest weekend!

Well, I'm ashamed to say a 105 on a par 60 today. Couldn't putt to save my life. 3-5 putts on ever hole. Need to work on my driver (slices a good bit from time to time). Irons were pretty well on.

53*
Working on a new grip, having loads of trouble releasing too soon and hooking every shot. By the 9th hole, I had gotten it mostly together - stuck the green with a 7 iron and 2 putted for bogey (almost made the par putt).

Few days ago, but:

43 on 1st 9. Missed an eagle on a par 4 and a birdie on another par 4.
50 on 2nd 9

9 hole course 2x through par 70 total. I gotta improve my short game lol

I shot 97 on a course that was playing pretty tough. I had a pretty good day, despite the score.

- Took 3rd place in my flight (won 5 balls)

- Won two skins ($38 x 2)

- Won my quarterfinal match play! I was behind for 16 holes, squared it at 17, then won on 18. I just kept playing my bad but steady game and the other guy blew up on the last two holes. Sucks for him, good for me!

• Administrator
73 at Whispering Woods . Got away with a few mistakes, but in general, managed my shitty game all day really well. Ostensibly I was there to try to work on things, but I couldn't manage to hit anything but a weak cut all day that's nothing like the shots I've been hitting when swinging properly.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had a disappointing day- tweaked my back on 8 and had to call it a day. Couldn't manage a swing on the 9th tee. Going to see the chiropractor today.

Was playing well up to that point though and was 1 under even though I wasn't striking the ball particularly well, my short game was solid. Hate leaving that one on the table. Oh well...

had an absolutely horrendous first four holes, settled down after that. pretty good back nine (46).

putting sucked though, four 3-putts. missed a 3 footer for birdie, 3 putted the last hole from 20 ft. ugh. i can easily envision shooting about 94 or 95 today at least.

edit: 3 balls in the water too. shoot me now.

81 (+10). 40/41. Four three putts all on GIRs. 10 GIRs with only 6.5 fairways (half because I got a free drop from ground under repair in the rough to the fairway drop zone). I can't putt. I can't get up and down at all. It's killing me lately.

Second round: 84 (+12). 40/44. Terrible back. Good front. I didn't record my stats because I was in a match, but I didn't hit many fairways at all and when I missed, I was in the worst spots (fescue). I hit my irons well though, but still putted and chipped like crap. I did hit my wedges well from between 50 and 100 yards. I think I got up and down more from 60-70 yards today than from the greenside rough. I haven't been doing that well lately, so this is something I'd like to continue. If only I could putt and chip. I didn't practice last week, so I guess it's what I deserve.