IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

what a day makes, i have been in a bit of a slump lately, Getting ready for our club championship I had to get use to the back tees 6723 yds, 72.3/138 slope. Our blue tees are 6235 70.4/129. I have only broken 90 once from the blue. Yesterday I shot 102 from the back, Today I started out the front 9 with 45, Caught up to slow play and spent 10-14 practicing trying to find what was wrong with my swing. That's when I found it, Tempo. I was rushing the top of the back swing. I rushed back to find someone to go out and play with. Who better than the club champion and another low handicapper, Final score 85, That included 1 triple bogey and 3 doubles. I sure hope that it wasn't a fluke.

my buddies and i had 4 hours to kill today so we hooked up at a course that didnt seem busy (parking lot was sorta empty)...
after 3 1/2 hrs just on the front i was pretty much done...
shot 6 over... unbelievable...
for how i was hitting the ball... i shoulda scored much lower...
everything was going long and straight... but the frustration from waiting long periods of time killed me on the greens... putts were going too straight... reading break when there was no break
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

38/39 = 77 (+5)

Went after too many pins and not so stellar iron play combined with a 15-20mph wind made that even more difficult. Hit more FW's than GIR's and managed to get up & down 6 outta 9 times w/ 29 putts. After #12 I decided I was working too hard and took up aiming for the fat of the green which worked out the rest of the way in.

Ready to do it all over again tomorrow.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

only played 8 holes because of the heat/humidity (i was walking) and came off 3 over - and i SHOULD have been even par. all three of my bogies were missed par putts from about 3-5 feet. i blame it on the fact that i was starting to feel kinda sick out there.

only played 8 holes because of the heat/humidity (i was walking) and came off 3 over - and i SHOULD have been even par. all three of my bogies were missed par putts from about 3-5 feet. i blame it on the fact that i was starting to feel kinda sick out there.

heat stroke is a monster when youre out having fun

same local course i play at. Got out at about 12. First round was so so with a 71. 3 bogeys and 2 birds. Then finished up and played another nine and ended up shooting a 5 under with a bogey 4 birdies and an eagle. Hoorah. Get to play TPC Vegas in 10 days. Cant wait.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

37 front (league)/42 back (extra holes) {79}
Penalty stroke on the front as I hit my tee shot on 5 long but pulled it just enough to trickle into the pond (was able to retrieve it easily using my gap wedge). 2 birdies and 3 bogeys. On the back I was playing against one of the best players at my home course and just played too aggressive trying to beat him. Put myself into some bad situations.

39/37 = 76 (+4)

FW 14/14
GIR 11/18
U&D; 4/6
Putts 32

There's a couple of things I need to iron out that would shave some strokes. Looking forward to the work ahead.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

One over par 73 today. (37,36)

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

89 playing off 17 and its my first game in over 12 months, i was happy enough

http://www.howdidido.co.uk/scorecard.aspx?id=28676659

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

87 on a 126 slope; played like poop but scored ok for me (high handicapper). just one of those days....oh, I did play the Bridgestone 330 Rx's and got more spin around greens and out of sand than normal

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Inspired by the play of my all time favorite golfer, Tom Watson, I travelled to a course I hadn't played before and did quite well.

Railside Golf Club in Gibson City, IL, is carved out of a cornfield and pretty much flat. The course is the old dig out lakes and use the dirt to make green complexes. Nearly every green is raised well above the fairway making it impossible to run shots up. With small greens and usually strong winds, this can be a problem. There was very little wind today so I'm thankful for that. The tees and fairways were in better condition than I'm used to. I also had a lot of greenside lobs over bunkers and for once my sand wedge came through on all but hole #3.

5/4/5/5/5/5/3/5/5= 42
4/4/5/5/5/6/7/4/6= 46

Total of 88 on the par 72, 6141 yards, 68.6/ 115 course

faiways hit: 4/14 (missing the fairways isn't generally a problem unless you hit a lake or get unlucky with a small tree)
GIRs: 3/18 (including one out of a fairway bunker on #10)
GIRs +1: 12/18
putts: 29 in a 13/16 split

I put it in five bunkers total including two on #15.
One ball unplayable on #14 (all four of my tee shots on the par 3s were dreadful)
missed going OB and into a cornfield on #18 by four feet
missed a four footer on #16, but finally made one over twenty feet on #2

my stretch on 6-11 was about the best I've played all year, 5 pars and a bogey

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Went back out to my home course today and shot a nice 4 under par. 66. Seemed to be hitting the driver fairly well and the irons were looking hot. Birdie on 4,10,14,17, and 18 with a bogey on 12 today. Putting was on target and just had a good time on the open course since it was a 114* outside and a wholeee lot of humidity.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

It was only 9 holes, but I shot 38 on the back 9 of my home course. The back 9 is a par 35, if you can handle the mosquitoes. Does anyone else run out of work to make it to the course before the sun sets :)

In my standbag:

Sumo2 5900 Driver, 9.5*, Diamana stiff flex
SQ Dymo, 17* 4wood, Widebody UST stiff flex
R7 irons 4-9 Project X 6.0 shafts 3i MP Fli-Hi hybrid CG10 56*, 60*/CG14 46*, 52* G5i Zing putter One Platinum or ProV1(x)OFF! Deep WoodsiGotcha! ball retriever

87. Really fooled with my swing, and grip today. Started out with the Vardon, then double-overlap, and ended the last 5 holes in +2 with an interlocking grip. Looks like I found my new grip. Stunk it up on the greens. Actually had one birdie, a chip-in.

shot 8 over for an 80 today...
8 out... even in...
really disappointing front...
a couple of duck hooks into water and i found my self 8 over...
absolutely torched the back...
2 birdies and 2 bogeys...
shoulda gone much lower but a few birdie opps blew by the holes...
i need to rethink my distances... all the balls i pured flew the greens