IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

4/5ths the way through a 90-hole weeknd. Mixed, is the best way to describe it!

Won a knockout pairs match on Friday - giving away loads of shots, just one down by the time they'd used all of them up. Won 2&1.

Monthly Medal: shot 73 net, including a 7 on a par-3. finished 9th.

Saturday afternoon with bro-in-law: had to give up after 15 holes. Luckily, I was winning.

Today: 28 Stableford points in a greensomes event. Regular partner - wife - could not make it. Played with a scrumptious substitute but the golf was not that great. I was somehow distracted...

Last round tomorrow. then no comps till next Saturday!

Dagnabit, I shot 123 today. In the rain and trying out new shots, but still should have been better.
I shot 67 on the front nine and 56 on the back nine. Was trying to work out how to fade a drive (got it) and then how to aim the fade (didn't got it). I missed my first birdie by about half an inch. On a medium par 4 in 2 and only JUST missed the putt. DRAT!!!
I was driving pretty well and hitting my targets with the drives about 2/3 of the time. The other third of the drives were drawing or fading too far and getting in the muck on the sides. Lost three balls on drives and ended up making excellent second drives on those shots. All three would have been great holes but for the fact that the good drives were stroke 3.

I seemed to be doing pretty well on the approach shots as well. Still working out how to get the distance on the sub 100 yard shots, but was pretty well on line with all of them.

The trouble today was putting. Wet greens that were MUCH faster than I am used to that course being when it is covered in dew. I couldn't seem to hit a putt to save my life. (or my round)

Still had a blast and ended up finding one of the three lost drive balls as well as 4 other balls, so I came out ahead.

Oh, well. Better next time!

Y'all take care!
Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

I shot a 99 today, in the rain. It was a good round for me though, because I started with a 51, on the front where I usually break 50. Normally this would sour my mood, since I have only scored below 50 on the back once, and i normally get upset when shooting triple digits. This time, I worked on enjoying myself, and had a few very good shots to get some clutch pars and bogeys. Ended up with a 48 on the back, and kept the round below 100.

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

I played in my club championship this weekend and shot 79, 76 to finish in a tie for 3rd net.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

shot 7 over today... finally got one under 80... its been a long while... too long
not too many girs but was getting up an down from everywhere...
had a brilliant sand save on the first hole...
got outta trouble a few times and put myself into ideal spots all day...
couple of guys let me play thru and hit the best drive of the day with witnesses... it felt good...
playing one ball the whole round really helps with scoring since the past few rounds i was losing balls left and right
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

51/45. Really should have been at least 45/45, but I didn't get a chance to use the range or practice chipping, so the first 9 was my practice. Looking to shoot low 90s next round.
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

37/37 = 74 4+

I had a late afternoon round and played very inconsistently. It could have been one of my lowest rounds ever but some wild holes and poor chipping let me down to an average 74. I made 5 birdies which is the 2nd most I've ever made in a 18 hole round but I also made 2 double bogeys and 5 bogeys to go with it.

didnt play today but shot 35 and 37 the last two times i played nine holes
DRIVER: titleist 910d3 9.5* project x 6.0
3WOOD: titleist 910fd 15* project x 6.0
HYBRID: titleist 910h 19* project x 6.0
IRONS: titleist 710 ap2 3-pw nippon xstiff
WEDGES: titleist vokey 52.08 & 58.08
PUTTER: scotty cameron studio select newport 2

Went 49/49 today... it's a shame too because I was blasting my driver every time I used it. For some reason I blew it big time on the Par 3s and two Par 4s, otherwise my score would have been a lot better.

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

46/39=85 I played horrible today.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

12 over front
2 under back
for an 82...
started off strong... par par par... but skipping breakfast was a really bad idea...
by the 6th hole i was running out of steam an my blood sugar was low... pure shots started turning into chunks... bogeys turned to doubles triples and eventually snowmen...
made the turn... grabbed a dog... and felt renewed...
i was a beast on the back... lots of pars 2 birdies with 2 bogeys thrown in the mix... by the time i got to the par5 18th i was even and looking at 110 for my gir... hit an easy 9 iron looking to get close and that baby took a hop and went right in for eagle...
great way to finish off... maybe if i ate breakfast the front woulda been a different story
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

43/41=84 yesterday, Great considering I didn't hit a great Iron all day...
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

95 on a fairly difficult course I'd never played before.

I didn't hit a single good drive all day though. disappointing.

Eighty freaking three! My best ever... by 6.

Unfortunately it wasn't very satisfying though.... my driving sucked and I mean sucked. If it had been a real course and not my slope 103 muni I'd have been OB or in deep doo-doo. My muni course has some challenging holes (for me anyway), but the fairways are WIDE open.

I usually drive OK... not too long but long enough and in the fairways. Today I was left left left. The good news is I didn't slice except for the one time I wanted to (dogleg right).

The only thing that I did really well was chip, which was a good thing because my putting was nothing to be proud of either (although it was better than it had been in awhile).

I'd be really happy with my score if it weren't for the awful driving. I think I'd be happier with a 90 and hitting the fairways.

Actually now that I think about it... I actually never hit all the way into another fairway. Maybe that's not so bad after all.

Been playing just a few months but I play almost every day.

What's in my bag: Distance Master Driver, Maltby Trouble Out woods/hybrids, Maltby KE4 Irons (all assembled by me so I can never blame my equipment).

84 on Monday, including an 8 on a par 5 (hooked the brute out of bounds off the tee - going for a big one!).
Competition winner shot 65 net.
Oh, (something Tiger might say but I'm too well brought-up...!)

86 on a course I've never played. Not too long (about 6000 from the tips, which is where I played) but if you miss the fairway you are probably behind a tree and can't go for the green. It was a Donald Ross design which was pretty cool. Really nice people, and for $10 I'm nowhere near complaining. Of course I'm a junior. I think it's $20 for adults.

Petersham Country Club