IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

Played again today and got an 89. Pretty happy, had 8 pars and a nice chip in to save par on a par 5 that I was struggling with... would've had a double bogey probably if that chip didn't go in, haha. Started off the round with a nice triple bogey and double bogey... then I parred the next five holes. It was a weird turnaround but I liked it.

• Replies 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Yesterday but anyhow. 70(E) at Buenaventura, a pretty easy course that is treed, target golf through and through (Only 6100 yards). I was really pleased, since lately approaches had been killing me but I hit 14/18 greens--hopefully a sign of things to come.

I played 9. They sounded the siren for lightning as I was standing over a birdie putt on the 9th. I hit the putt dead center, but left it an inch short.
I shot 38.
I played another 9 late in the evening.
I shot 37.

Haven't played since, geez, January or February, and got new irons last month, so to heck with work and responsibilities... data analysis was going to take about 2 hours so I had to ditch the office and play a quick 9. Came in feeling really good because I'd been hitting my driver like magic at the range over the weekend. Odd since it was the irons that were replaced, but who cares, if it's working, it's working.

In some ways the round was my best ever, but in the end the score was basically what I always shoot. I parred 2 holes-- probably the first time that's ever happened in a single round on a regulation (non-par 3) course. The first felt awesome-- a guy was out with his kids ahead of me on a 160 yard par 3 and told me to play through. With that pressure on, I pulled my 5W and stuck it pin high, then nearly made the birdie and cleaned up for par. All that with a little audience... I was thrilled.

Then reality set back in. On the uphill par 5 I recorded a pathetic 10, then quad bogeyed the par 4 that followed it. Then with the score out the window I was able to relax again and nail a beautiful drive over the trap on the next hole, and then (again with a group watching) stuck a 4I pin high and cleaned up in 2 for the second par.

In the end I had 2 pars, 2 bogeys, a double, and 4 worse than double. I know what I need to work on: focus and relaxation. I'm ok with a 5W for 160 yard and a 4I for 140; I proved to myself I can play bogey golf if I just learn to relax and trust that. Distance can come later.

played with my gf today... have to take it easy because of a shoulder injury and because she was playing with me and gets really frustrated...

shot a 92... since i cant go after balls like before the injury... im still trying to get my post injury distances dialed in... next time out i might have to go 2 clubs up on some shots... was leaving alot of shots really short... straight as an arrow... but short

I shot a 54 today on a 9-hole course I've shot as low as 44 on. I had a terrible driving day (1 of 7 fairways) and blew up one hole with a four putt, but my irons and wedges were behaving nicely and I only had 18 putts overall.

Shot a lifetime best 44 on the Olympic Course at Gold Mountain. Didn't attempt to hit the driver at all today, hit my 3 wood which was a great decision as I hit 5 of 7, and the distance was just as good as my driver. Had no blow up holes again, and putted so much better than Im used to, think I had 15 total. That makes consecutive 44s during league, and with 3 weeks to go, feels like I am hitting my stride.

Well I just started playing this past year and I had my best game 2 weeks ago. I was missing PAR opportunites but still two putting most of the time. I shot a 46 for 9 holes with a horiible triple bogey on the 9th. I was proud though! I played from the grown up white tees and actually felt like a "real golfer." Oh and I got a legitimate PAR in there, 2 to the green at about 400 yds and 2 puts in, woo hoo!

98, 51/47

Squandered some opportunities and had very poor concentration on the front. On three holes I was ideally positioned for a short pitch or a close-in shot and I ended up skulling it (into the drink), chunking it (into a bunker), and skulling it (over the green, lost ball) again. I estimate that it added 5 - 7 shots to my front 9 score.

On the other hand, I'm still putting well since reading Dr. Bob Rotella. Three weeks ago I shoot 103 easy the way I was tee to green today.

Shot an 81. 36/45 I played the front so well and the back just killed me. At least I know I can shoot even for at least 9 holes.

73….Pretty much an average round today. 10 greens, 8 fairways, 28 putts. Longest putt was about 12 feet and that was for par on #8. All my birdies were inside 7 feet. It was nice having all those birdies because they won me a bit of cash

5 birdies
6 bogies
7 pars