IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played 9 today, shot a 45 (+9). If I could shoot "Bogie Golf" every time out, I'd be OK with that!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Β 

41 for 9 this morning before work. Struggled off the tee for the first four holes, but scrambled to salvage +3. Then the last five holes, I struck tee shots well and shot +2 for a total of 41.

Overall it seems my scrambling ability has improved tremendously. I think that is because I had a lot of practice (not at the driving range, but while playing )

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 36 holes today for the first time this summer including the fastest round of my life (2.25 hours). Shot 81 the first round and 86 the second, I had to walk the second round and just kinda got tired and shot 45 on the last 9. Good day of golf though :)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost PutterΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Shot a 1 over 73, had a 2 under 34 on the front, then a 3 over 39 on the back

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Sub for a Co-Worker at the Collindale Wednedsay Men's 9 Hole League.

Shot even par today .

Make a mistake at the last hole and the pin is in difficult position.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5Β°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff Β "C3" | 910F 15Β°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19Β°, Β Diamana Kai'li for TitleistΒ 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight
Β 

9 holes at Fred Enke Sunday morning, shot 4 over with one double and only 11 putts (so my approach shots sucked). Played 9 holes at Pusch Ridge yesterday morning, tricky little course, shot 4 over again, missed a few legit birdie chances with the flatstick. Played 9 this evening in an executive business league, and was far from sharp. Large sharp draws on nearly every mid to short iron, from right edge of the green into the leftside bunker. 6 over for 9 (2 more than my last 9's there combined). Was still fun to be out on the course. I pulled the 1 iron out on #9 (250 yd par 4) just for fun and hit my best shot of the day, a screaming, rising line drive than ended up 15 yds past the green. Easily the longest, straitest "long iron" i've ever hit.

Following a fire that destroyed our house last fall and the birth of our first child in January, I haven't had much time for golf lately. In fact, I hadn't played since last Father's day. So my brother and I decided to get up early and play a few weeks ago. We booked a tee time at 6:34 at a course we had both played once or twice in high school.

On the first hole, my approach shot was a little short ... probably because the head of my 5-iron flew off and landed about 40 yards down the fairway. My dad cleaned up my clubs following the fire, but apparently the heat weakened the epoxy. I had no problems with the rest of my clubs, but it wasn't a good way to start the day.

I ended up shooting 96 (not far from my average), but even more disappointing was the fact that my brother shot 86. He continues to hold it over my head to this day. Considering I hadn't played in a year, I was pretty happy with my ballstriking. My short game, however, was atrocious. I probably three-putted at least 8 or 9 holes.

We're planning a rematch this weekend, so I'm going to head to the driving range Friday night and spend most of my time at the putting green.

I will find out in about 3 hours and report back to you with a score :)

Sticks-In-The-Bag

R9 Driver 9.5
R9 3 & 5 Fairway
Rescues 3 & 4 Hybrids Burner 4-PW Irons Tp 52, 56, 60 Wedges Rossa Putter

have had to work more than usual this work so ive only played two 9 hole rounds during twilight this week...:(

tuesday shot a 39 (3+) not bad considering I was 4 over after 5 holes

Wednesday shot a 35 (-1) ... played some of my best golf of the season and swing muscles are gaining some sort of memory... im consistently driving the ball to and around 300... I know this because Ive been just short or on greens on a few holes measuring 320-330...Drove a green twice sat and sun at 312. Need to practice getting my approach shots within birdie range instead of 2 putt range
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
Β bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

Played a great round today, sticking everything within 10 feet from 100 yards and in, and even a few from 150 and out. Overall, shot 45 on the front and 42 on the back which would give me two qualification rounds for my high school team had it been a match (season doesn't start for 1 1/2 monthhs )
Overall:87

Varsity_Golf

A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty
Β 
If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

79 (+7). 42/37. 37 (+1) is my best score on 9 ever. I'm pretty excited about that. Back to the round, 7 fairways, 12 GIR (8 on the back), 36 putts, 2 birds, 2 doubles, three 3-putts, and three 1-putts. I left a few shots out there around the greens on some chips, but I'm happy with the way I hit the ball. Handicap's on its way down!

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I went out today on the course that whooped me last weekend and shot 50 over 9 holes. Not, perhaps, what I was hoping for (set my sights on breaking 50 today) but I was much happier with my course management and club to distance matching today. I have struggled as I have been taking lessons and have gained serious distance on most of my clubs. Adapting to that has really been a task. It seems to be coming together, though.

With any luck, I will be able to come here later this weekend and post a sub 100 round to add to this close one.

Jack Lee

In my bag:
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5 degree driver

Cobra sz hyper steel 3 wood
A7 19 degree hybrid
Taylormade 2008 TP irons 4 through pw

Mizuno JPX 52, 56, 60 degree wedges

White hot XG #9 putter

Not a great day, but a beautiful course and wonderous weather conditions....Started out awful, shooting 49 on the Front at Orchard Creek in Altamont, NY. Turned it around making a few pars and a birdie to come back and shoot 44 on the back to shoot 93.....this is a course i should break 90, but just not today!!!!!!!

Varsity_Golf
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty
Β 
If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Not a good day at all, but only 2 off from my first time golfing (again) last month. I'd say I broke 90, but it's just a par 3 course, so... 86, 2 off my best (of 2 rounds) at the course of 84. AND I knocked in two pars.

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Greatest weather day since......who knows? 37/45=82.....why? Two hooked tee shots OB and one in a lake, that's why. Front nine was EASY. I make the game so hard

Β