IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

• Replies 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Stats: 88.......44/44 8/14 FW and 6 GIR. 35 putts including one 3 jack. 7 pars, 6 bogies, 2 doubles, and 2 triples. Just all-around awful!!

I shot 101 yesterday, hit probably 9/14 fairways and maybe 4/18 greens haha rough day around the green. I sunk a 20 foot putt for birdie then proceeded to go 8-6-8-6-5. Rough day. On the 18th tee i made the mistake of saying "just need a 5 here to break 100" and proceeded to slice my drive 30 yards and hit a tree on my 2nd shot to finish with a 7. Not bad for my 5th time playing a full 18 in my life. So much potential

I shot a smooth 73 yesterday.  If it wasn't for two short birdie putts I would have been under par.  My Ping Eye 2s were on fire yesterday, lighting up the greens like something you've never seen.  The guys I was playing with were standing there with mouths agape as I hit my 16th green in regulation.  They all wanted to buy my clubs but I told them to bugger off.

Shot an 81 Saturday at my home course with 3 double bogeys, all from pull hook drives into the woods.  Had decent chances at bogeys on all of them, but the putts weren't falling even though I felt like I was putting well.

Shot a very disappointing 83 Sunday at the same course I shot 73 on a couple of weeks ago.  My head just wasn't in it: on one hole I carried 3 wedges up to a short pitch shot.  I decided to hit my 62 degree lob wedge and put the perfect (Pelz-inspired) 7:30 stroke I wanted to on it and flew the green.  That's when I realized I was holding my 51 instead of my 62.  Stupidest mistake I've made all year.  I did pretty well on the back except for a triple that came from hooking into a hazard and then dumping the approach in a pond.

87 at Kokanee Springs - very nice course, and pretty tough if you can't work the ball well ( and I can't )

Hit 4 fairways and 2 greens ( yes only 2  ) - 27 putts, some of them monsters that saved me having a blowout round.

Buddies and I were playing battle golf too - if you win the hole outright you take clubs from other bags.

By the 15th hole I was missing my driver, 5,6,7,8 iron and GW - makes it tough golf

was pretty erratic today.

out in 7 over... in at 1 under...... 6 over on the day..... I'm STRUGGLING off the tee lately

Shot a 4 (par) on the first hole.  Never made par on it before, now I've parred every hole on the course.

Not going to talk about the rest of the round, I'll just comment that it's hard to play well when your irons suddenly drop 20-30 yards each compared to what you've been hitting the last year, right up until you account for it, club up, and find yourself sailing past the green.  Ugh.

Eagled the first hole and continued to play well the front nine for one under (-1).  I thought it was going to be a career round.

Alas, the golf gods had other plans.  Back nine was a different story.  A couple of triples will do that to you.  Shot eight over (+8) total on the back nine.

Ended up with 79 (+7) total.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I caught fire yesterday and played 27 holes....the course is par 72......72.5cr and 137 slope from the tees played::   shot 72-35.......VERY GOOD...for me.  1 eagle (a par 4) and 5 birdies.  I lit it up.....as best I could!!

Front-9 40, started of strong with some birdies, made a few mistakes, but fairly solid.  Back-9 57.  I have absolutely no clue what happened.  I lost nearly every ball off the tee, had something like 8 penalty strokes.  Maybe mild heat stroke, who knows...  I just wanted it to end.  I haven't had a 9-hole score that high since I first started playing.  Write it off and regroup...