IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Started off really bad... +5 on the first hole.  Had 2 birdies on the front nine for a total of 47.  On the back nine, my game finally showed up... shot +1 (37) for the total of 84.

That just goes to show...never give up until the final putt drops.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

75 from the tips (6600 yards) today.  got off to a really shaky start... i don't know how i managed to only be 3 over par for the first 5 holes because i was all over the course.  settled down around the 5th hole and really got my irons together.  had three birdie putts from 6-7 feet but missed them all. :( however, i sank two 30 foot par saving putts and one 25 foot birdie putt, so i missed three i should've made and made three i should've missed, haha.

shot 36 - par 36... course was playing kinda easy, tees were forward but pins in unforgiving posistions, didn't drive it well (havent been driving it well at all) just 3wood stingered my way off the tees. started off firing at the pins, getting 3 straight birdies, 3 straight pars, and the horrible driving kicked in and bogeyed the last 3 holes, close to a under par for 9, but no cigar.

First swings after not touching a club for 9 weeks. Recovering from a broken tibia. I walked and my stamina is definitely gone as evidenced by my front VS back scores. Everything is way off....... putting (two 3-jacks), driving (3 stroke and distance penalties off the tee), and around the greens (couldn't manage even one par save). I didn't expect much, and am really happy it was south of the century mark actually.

Stats: 68.8/122

Shot 94.......43/51 4/14 FW and 3 GIR. 36 putts. 1 birdies, 2 pars, 8 bogies, 6 doubles, and 1 triples.

Shot of the day was a screaming sculled wedge from 93 yards that never got off the ground more than a foot that managed to hit the pin squarely and stop 4 feet from the pin. This was my lone birdie. LOL

I stopped keeping score after I triple bogeyed the first three holes. I regressed so badly today. Some guy stole my Pro V1 right infront of me. It was the first time I felt rage on the course.

Played yesterday - unbelievably bad round of golf - shot 101, didn't hit a friggin fairway all day with my driver or fairway wood, did not make a single par and lost 6 GD golf balls!!!!!!! Last 2 rounds on this course were 86 & 88. It's a relatively short track with lots of elevation changes at just under 6,000 yards, but slopes to 132, so you dont need to be long, but you can't spray the ball or you're in trouble. Perfect weather - mid 70's, beautiful blue skies and the fall leaves are turning - lots of amazing colours. Maybe I was distracted - who knows. Still no place I'd rather be - even with a @&$?!&@$@ score.

Haven't played an actual round in a while.  Doing a lot of range work and par-3 practice at the short course.  Played 18 holes or so and shot +1.  I guess that's decent for all-half-wedge approach shots.  Playing 36 on Thursday.  Looking forward to doing well.

83 for my last round of the season

41/42

A lot of pars and missed birdies ( sandy greens so speed was different on all holes ) and ball skidded on approaches. Shots that should of stopped near the pin skidded past 15 feet or off the green in some cases.

Have a bad case of the ball going left off the tee ( big draws/hooks )

I feel like a broken record.  Once again, I played well enough tee-to-green to shoot sub-72, but carded another 76.  (73.2cr 141slope)  The little ball refused to go into the little hole!!!

#9 sums up my day nicely: (I'm a lefty that hits a L-R draw)

#9 is a tight 522yd par5.....slim fairway and very tight 2nd shot into the narrow green with deep ravine/hazard left. A steep hillside with 3foot tall grass and deep bunkers protecting the right! If you miss left or right going for the green....you are pretty much dead.  I challenge the ravine from the tee on the left with driver and NUT IT..........My ball is safe, but I have 214yds to the pin from a poor lie. (missed the fairway by 2 feet)  In spite of the dicey lie, I go for it... My stock shot is a L-R draw, but the shot calls for a R-L fade. I go for the fade and pull it off...(proud moment for me) The shot was a low bullet 4-iron.....it started towards the right green-side bunker and it faded to the center of the green.  SWEET!!   I have a 25ft putt for eagle and 3-putt for par!!

That was the story of my day..............I was throwing away strokes on the greens left and right. I was burning the cup edges all day, but nothing dropped.

73 on a par 70 this evening.  thought i had a good chance at 70, walking onto the 17th tee only one over par, but i took a very foolish bogey on 17, and then tried to force a birdie on 18 and took another bogey there.

73 (+1) in the Wednesday men's comp. Two birds, three bogeys. 41 points individual stableford. Not even a sniff of a prize.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

an abysmal 90 today.  i don't get it.  i've played 72 holes in the past week and i've shot 75, 87, 73, 90.  i wish my swing would decide if it's going to work or not so i can either go ahead and give it up or start playing tournaments.  i don't seem to have a middle ground anymore, it's either almost-scratch or total hacker.