IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 77 on a very soggy but nice Elk Run in Seattle yesterday. It was nice to play on a green course in the winter, although by the time I was finished I was hating myself for walking because of the hills.

Before I say what I shot, a disclaimer -

(Forgive me all high moralistic posters, as I walked onto a closed course on Christmas Day. This is technically trespassing and I know you would never consider such a heinous act, as you are of stronger moral fiber that myself. I certainly deserve whatever sarcasm or criticism you throw my way for this foolish, irresponsible behavior. I will let the father with his two daughters and the older couple with Santa hats who were also playing the course know that they are common criminals like myself. Thank you.)

Shot 3 over 38 for nine holes at Winter Park CC - without the pins in (see above).

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

77 today.  79 yesterday (played with permission from the course owner, since the course was closed).  at my home course, i've gotten to where i'm almost never more than 2 strokes away from 79.  i love the consistency, though i wish i was shooting 75 (or better!) instead of 79.

Shot 76 today with three 3 putts. Bah humbug. Nice morning though. 80 degrees, sunny, light breeze. Saw a fish eagle catch his breakfast in the creek that runs through the course. Can't really complain.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Shot a 91 friday at Apple Mountain - never played it before - alot of elevated greens make it especially tough.      Chipping was abysmal - left so many shots out there.      Probably the last round of the year ... overall satisfied - not a bad end for my 1st full year.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Played today with my son and a friend. Was 69 degrees and sunny very nice. we all hit some nice shots and some that missed but was extremely fun and enjoyable. my son had a birdie on the back along with four pars. Kids play so effortlessly, his swing is so loose. I enjoy watching him succeed at golf. He said he attributes his golf to his daddy. A nice day indeed.

A miracle week for us in the midwest......

I've played 3 days in a row between Christmas and NY............. 75-81-77 on a course rated 72.5 137 slope. .....it's playing 700yds longer than the score card..LOL

I plan to play 7 days in a row through Jan 3..................fingers crossed.  My ball striking is horrible right now, but I keep scratching together respectable rounds so I am very happy with my game with all things WINTER considered..  I'm capable of a lot worse in the cold so I am very happy with my play.  The temps were double digits below my score each day(30s-40s), so that should be worth a rubber cookie award...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

86* at Lake Chabot (Oakland, CA).

*I cheated.  On the 18th hole - a wonderful, downhill, 670 yard par 6, yes, par 6 - I hit my second shot out of bounds by about three feet.  I took the penalty but not the 'distance'. And managed a 'par'.

Fun round, and after playing in Oklahoma all year, it's really fun (and very challenging) to play such a hilly course.  I am not good at adjusting for uphill, downhill yardages.

I just played my 5th day in a row.... shot 78s both yesterday and today.  It's freezing cold and windy......so I won't complain too loudly.  I'm thrilled to have played this many consecutive days in the midwest during this time of year.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

76 (+4) with 14 pars and no particular drama. Felt like I didn't hit my irons very well but only missed one fairway off the tee, so still managed to scrape 12 GIRs. Just couldn't make any birdie putts.

Stretch.

Shot 75 to win the weekly stableford competition at Le Club de Golf de Paradis in Le Morne, Mauritius. Four birdies and two doubles -- both tee shots straight into the Indian Ocean for the Angelfish to nibble upon. Sign language all the way around the course with the French playing partners, but perfect communication subsequently achieved in the bar with the assistance of a dozen Phoenix beers.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Shot 75 to win the weekly stableford competition at Le Club de Golf de Paradis in Le Morne, Mauritius. Four birdies and two doubles -- both tee shots straight into the Indian Ocean for the Angelfish to nibble upon. Sign language all the way around the course with the French playing partners, but perfect communication subsequently achieved in the bar with the assistance of a dozen Phoenix beers.

I am sure that the 4 birdies translated perfectly into high fives or the Mauritius equivalent. That's assuming they call them birdies and not dodos.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Shot an 87 today. Had the best 9 I've ever had on the front, shot a 40. I had 2 birdies to help out an ugly triple and three bogeys. The back 9 was an uninspiring 47, but I still had broken 90 which is good. Staying in the fairway really helped me shave off strokes today. I had several holes where I bombed my driver and 3w, it was a very good day for my woods. Still so many strokes to shave and so much to work on.

Have to add that the instructors on here are very knowledgeable and their advice works. After posting my swing and getting advice from mvmac I'm hitting the ball better than ever. If I keep posting scores like this and getting more consistent rounds I may have to drop my instructor and try out evolver if the price is right.

Shot 79 today 42 & 37 . Started with a triple bogey , a double bogeys , only until hole #4 things start to get a par . Ended the day with 3 birdies , which 2 of them are back to back . I have started Gym with a personal trainer with the objective of strengthening my core muscles, improve endurance and flexibility 5 week ago . It is hurting my game a little at the moment . I can't feel my swing especially after a workout session the day before , since the muscles are sore . However , I m adapting to the workout and building my swing on the "new body" . I think it will take a while to back to my normal game . I am also working on my putting using Stan Utley's Putting tool. It started to pay off on my game yesterday. --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=22.520603,113.931996
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Had our Monthly Medal Stroke round today. Was keen to put in a good round. Played lousy last year on medal days. I really didnt hit the ball that good. I hit at least 3 heavy iron shots, and I mean heavy. Didnt drive it that well, but apart from 2 3 putts just on the fringes, I putted really well. Turned at 1 over. 8 pars, one bogey. Bogeyed the first 3 holes on the back then had 3 birdies on the trot mid back nine. Finished with a triple after my ball was against a stick and the approached was pulled into a bunker. Then 3 putted from the fringe. Finished 4 over for the day and missed out by 2 shots for A Grade. Gutted.