IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

first time out on Sat. March 24 this year and shot a 99 while trying out two new clubs and three different balls (I think the Srixon Q-star is my ball for the year).

Driver: Ping G425 SFT, Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4 wood, Cobra F8 7/8 wood,Hybrids: PXG 0211 3 19* and 5 25* 

Irons: PXG 0211 XCor 2 6-PW

Wedges: Ben Hogan Equalizer 50*, Ben Hogan Equalizer 2 54* and 58*

Putter: Seemore Si1

Bag: Sun Mountain GPS: Bushnell Shoes: Addidas

Cart: Clicgear 2.0 Ball: Taylormade Tour Response

so far my rounds this year have gone 100, 94, 94. Shot a 90 today in the worst weather I've played in so far this year; 25 mph winds and 40* (actual air temp). 3, 3 putts away from an 87.

I started playing for the first time in 2 years with new clubs (AP1's) and no driver. My first round was a 106 and my 2nd was a 98. I have since bought the R11 driver and hoping to break 95 next time!

At Myrtle Beach for the week and shot a 105 on the first course I played.

I actually hit the ball decently and had two birdies but I lost about 10-12 shots in the bunkers.  Hit into about 6 of them and it took me at least 2 shots to get out of them, and one it took me 3.  I am not use to playing from sand traps that difficult and usually have trouble getting out of the easy ones.  Guess I know what I have to work on when I get home.

Played 3 9's a couple days ago.  Shot 43,44,43.

Still struggle intermittently off the tee, and was being crazy with my fairway woods.  The 1st 18, it seemed that every fairway shot was blocked and sliced, and hit way out on the toe.  Got it straightened out near the end though.

Played on Saturday and shot a very nice (For me) 93. The frustrating part? I started keeping a seperate score for everything inside of 100 yds. I wasted 11 shots inside of 100. Seriuosly thinking about taking lessons and focusing only on short game & putting.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a round of golf this past weekend with couple of guys from Michigan. Course conditions were muddy and slopy due to some heavy rainfall on Friday and Saturday.  But I was please with few quality iron shots.  My pitching and putting has improved that made up for few bad shots - shot 79.

If the weather is nice like it has been in KY I am planning on working on my long irons and getting my ball flight under control - Last week I was hitting them little high, which drives me crazy specially if it is windy.

First 9 hole round I scored a bumpy 52. Developed a consistent slice and wasted 4-5 shots chipping on (mostly short), which was my strenght last season.

The positive was my ball striking is better than it ever was and my second shot put me in striking distance to the green, just wasted the opportunity.

Was a good starting round to the season, take away that 1 wasted shot per hole and I would have been mid 40's easy. Just need some early season tweaks.

In the Bag:

X Driver, 3w & 5w

Ironwood 4 hybrids

Putter: BigT special

Played a short par 3 course yesterday (there's a couple of Par 4's) and shot a 40 (par 29) very happy with that.

It seems like my game's going in the right direction.

If I hadn't had a disastrous 5 putt after being on the green in regulation It'd have been a lot lot better! In my defence the greens were shocking.

I hit the ball terribly today, but just kind of hung in there.  I scrambled like crazy and 1 putted several greens to shoot a respectable 38.  I holed everything inside of ten feet.........all for pars. LOL

The putts stopped dropping on the back and I was +4 through 5 holes.  then gutted out a nice par on a long par 3, and then finished birdie, birdie, birdie out of nowhere to shoot 37.  I felt like the entire round was a struggle and somehow posted a very respectable +3 75......I can dig it!!  Those kinds of rounds are very satisfying.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played 9 holes in 20-35 mph winds. I barely reached the green with a punch 3-wood on a hole I normally hit 6i or 7i. The wind was mostly up or across in some direction. 4 over through 8 holes was pretty much the best I could have done. 5 bogies, 2 pars and 1 35-feet putt for birdie. On 18 (played back 9) I got overly ambitious a hit two drives in the water, trying to carry too much. Threw in a poor pitch, bunker shot and chip for good measure, carding a 12 on the hole. :-D Good news is that I was able to control the ball in heavy winds in every direction.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 9 holes a couple days ago with my uncle and his brother. Shot +9, pretty good for me though. Every hole I had a putt for par which is really unusual for me, my short irons were really letting me down though. Think if I had stayed no played the full 18 that I would have legitimately broke 90 for the first time, so excited for the next time I go out (Sunday)

I played the same bad golf tee to green as yesterday.........the putter let me down today and I turned yesterdays 75 into an 80 today.  LOL........oh well.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played 9 holes for a 44.  7/7 fairways, 0/9 greens yet again.  I no longer know how to club myself for approach shots.  Hit 8-iron from 135 into the wind and flew it 50 yards past the stick.  Hit PW from 145 and sailed it over the green.  SW from 115 and flew the green.  Bombed some monster drives though.  I thought stack and tilt was supposed to make you good at iron play? Guess the course management game is still the same.  Anyone know of a trackman fitter in the Austin area?

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Played 9 holes in 43 degrees. Wore a winter cap and winter gloves between shots so at least my head and hands stayed warm. Off to a less than stellar start with bogey's on 2,3, and 5, but came back with birdies on 8 and 9 for a +1, 37. Maybe I finished well because it had warmed up to a whoping 44 degrees,,lol!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)