IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 32 today........LOL Par 30 exec........my downfall was a 280yd par 4......nice tee shot hit the sideslope left of the putting green.....and kicked into the junk and I made bogey.  Otherwise...I played OK.  I was thinking about playing more but exec courses bore me...............

The back 9 was being aerated and the other nine was filled with a senior league.....so I played the exec.

Tomorrow is a new day!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Someone has probably already said this but I don't keep score. I measure myself with other golfers by height.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Shot a 90 on a par 70. The front 9 was a disaster, full of thin and topped shots. The back 9, though, I finally got my act together and became a bogey machine, bogeying 8 of the holes. I hit a few GIR and got myself near the pin with my wedge when I didn't. But I couldn't convert any of them to pars. Some of the chips/pitches would get me to 5 or 6 feet, but I left them an inch from the cup. (Although I do blame the darkness on the last 3 holes, all of which I chipped on to within 6 feet, from preventing a good read of the greens, it was getting pretty dark.) The GIRs were 40+ feet away and I 3-putted them. Oh well. It's only the second time I've played this course recently, and before that I would have been happy with a 90.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

Only 6 greens and 6 fairways. 33 putts, one birdie

4 degrees celsius and strong winds. Brutal

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

42 (+6), 6 bogeys and 3 pars... Overall a decent day...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cloudy/50 degrees/dark and dreary on the first tee.........

72.5cr 137slope, Par of 72

10Fairways

8 Greens

29 Putts

1 Penalty

4 Birdies

Score: 76

I played and putted pretty well overall, but I did miss some short par saving putts.  I even missed a 2' putt on #18 green after playing a nice chip after missing the GIR...LOL   It's always something!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

93. Wind blowing today at 25+, but still managed to have my best day off the tee in years, 10/13 fairways hit with one of the misses being 1st cut. Horrible chipping and putting today, pretty sure I had one 4 putt in there, ugh.

Hacked it around for an 82. Short game and my driver killed me. Only 1 birdie on the day but I'd never played the course which really sucks on a lot of shots.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Superintendents revenge tourney at the club today - shot perfect double bogey golf - 4 bogies, 4 triples and the rest doubles.

Not only did they stick it to us on every tee box, every pin was on a slant right behind a bunker.

In my group (myself included) the distance was not an issue - all of the extra strokes were on the green.

I had the fewest amount of putts in my group with 38 (normal average is 28.)

The only positive I will take out of it was my 12 perfectly struck sand shots.

With the club championship 2 weeks away, this was definitely some good practice.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a 90 (par 66) on my home course today. As I was playing my round, I thought I would have been lucky to break 100. I started off decently with a person I was partnered up with. He was pretty good and I felt like our play was faster and I was able to maintain my good start. We caught up with two younger teenagers and started playing with them on #4. They were both nice guys but their play really slowed down our tempo and I felt like that impacted my play mentally. I simply tanked on #5 and #6 and had a lot of ugly ones thrown in along the way but managed to bogey a lot of them. My putting today was far better than normal and I think as I get better with my new putter, I'll improve more. Chipping was good and driving was straight but not quite as far as I'd have liked. My iron play wasn't very good today and you can see that in my 17% GIR. The sand is my weakest area right now and I absolutely must work on that. The 3 sand shots on #6 were all in the same bunker and mostly from exactly the same spot... I was pretty upset with myself on #12, felt like 100 would be my final score, and contemplated just packing up and leaving. I'm glad I stayed and managed to keep myself in good shape and finish with "bogey golf" the rest of the way (my main goal right now, a full round of bogey golf). [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/246840/width/640/height/482][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/246840/width/640/height/482[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I almost had an eagle today!!! OMG I've only had 2 other eagles in 20 years playing golf.

A 510yd par 5. Crushed a perfect 305yd drive. Had 195 left. Hit the best 4 iron of my life to about 15ft from the hole!!!

I missed the putt by a blade of grass. Oh I wanted that so bad.

I was on fire on the front, only missed one fairway. Then I kinda lost it on the back.

I shot a 41 / 45 for an 86. (par 72)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

My friend and I shot an 87 today, on a par 67.

We just took the score of whoever did better on the hole,

We used my score probably 7 times.

Beat the other team by one stroke, they were cheating though.

I started out driving great, hit the fairway everytime, then my slice returned when I lost focus.

After I started thinking again I hit the straightest and farthest shot of my entire life, too bad I was compensating for a slice so the ball flew far and straight, directly into the trees.

Played Sea Oaks NJ on this beautiful day. Sunk a 35' putt had 2 birdies which one was the on the #1 toughest hole on the course. Ended up with a 96. Drive approach and putting felt very good but 2-7's & 8-6's don't show it. Great weather & great friends = great day. -_-

Three 9 hole rounds since the greens opened up here this week.  Par 36.   Shot a 40, 39 and a 41.  My highest score so far was a 46 on the temp greens. The new gear is playing out very well, now that I am adjusting to the distances.  Sticking to one putter design (mallet) has also improved my putting stroke considerably, as the last two seasons I had been swapping back and forth between a blade and a mallet.  The straight back/straight through mallet style suits me well, it would seem.

Shot an 85. Pretty sure this was my best round ever. 41 on the front, 44 on the back. Doubled the first par 5 on the back when I had about 10 yards for my 3rd shot and the following par 3.

Still super happy!

99...sigh.

I started out Bogey, par, par, birdie then it all went to down the drain.

My back 9 sucked, I would have at least been able to end in the mid 90's but on the 17th hole I jacked it into a water hazard 240 yards out with my 3W.  I did not think I would be able to hit it that far .  Probably my best looking tee shot of the day too.