IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 89 today which for me was very good. It was my second round for this season and my personal best last season was 85 which I shot in the end of last season. So this seems to be a good year!

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

78. Started out terrible then realized all I need to do is keep my head down. Had 3 doubles, 2 3 putts (neither were part of the doubles), and a couple penalty shots.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Shot an 85 today, got back on track. My last 3 rounds something was off and I shot 90,91,95. Now I've gotten back on track with my goal for the year of averaging in the mid to low 80's and finally breaking into the 70's. For whatever reason my aim was off the last 3 rounds, made a post here, got some great tips and back in the 80's I went. Started off par, par, par. I hit 9 greens in regulation only 42% fir, and my putting hurt me a little today but overall a pretty good round.

On a side note, I've been hitting all of my clubs a lot longer than last year. Not sure what it is but I made some small adjustments in my swing and im driving the ball 275-300 when before I was driving 250-275 (I did get an r11 over my old r7 but I don't think that will make up 25 yards, and all of my irons I've had to club down from what I'm used to (same irons as last year) such as hitting an 8 where i was hitting a 7.

The quest to break 90 for the first time in two years continues. Shot a 92 today. 39 on the front for my best 9 hole score ever and a 53 on the back to complete a really frustrating round. I didn't even have that many terrible shots, what it came down to was poor decision making that lasted the entire back 9. Sometimes it feels like I'm supposed to stay in the 90's forever.

Shot an 82 (44 front, 38 back) at Seaview NJ bay course from the whites. Starting to pure my irons again after a couple weeks of hitting just thin (like 1/4" thin, but I could really feel it with my W/S blades). Had to re-re-re-re-teach myself the weight forward key. Had a couple drives up around 300yd, and parred the last 5 holes and survived my son having a tantrum-sulk without my game going awry.

dak4n6

It was beautiful yesterday. The ball was going a long way in the 83 deg heat. Although, the grass is already getting a little crispy from the lack of rain.

Nice avatar 3Wiggle (I apologize if that's your girl)

dak4n6

Had a great range session and shot -1 on the pitch and putt with 18 balls.  Good solid iron play, missed the green short on a half-wedge approach, but chipped in.  Didn't make any putts, just hit lots of solid one's to within a foot or so.  Good control all day.  Didn't throw a single temper tantrum and only overswung maybe 10 times out of 100, all drivers.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot a 98 on Saturday at Los Serranos(North Course) in Chino Hills, Ca.

Here's the card. Need to par more holes and get more GIR. So I will be focusing on mid to short game.

Los Serranos 041412.jpg

On a handicap of 20 I should do better than 97. I seem to wipe two or three holes per round so despite hitting my 5 wood out of sight and driving ok, my second and third shots are killing me. eg 9 iron from 110 yards into a bunker.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 (+8) for 9 holes... I played OK, didn't drive the ball well, hit some decent iron shots, putting pretty well. My short game and pitch game was awesome today. This was a +8, with 20-30 mph winds and 40 mph gusts.. So i think i played pretty decent..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

With 40mph wind gusts - so bad that 900 homes lost electric in Mid-Michigan - managed a 39/41.

Couldn't guess the wind correctly on any of the par 3's. Went long, short, short, and long. Sigh.

On the bright side, got to go golfing when a lot of people in the world are going hungry.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

First round of the season under my belt.  Was a very average/bad round for me.  Shot a 58-59 for 117.  My putting was terrible today with 44 putts.  Not agressive at all and wasn't happy with my stroke...something to focus on.  Driving the ball poorly compared to what I have been doing at the range...still managed to hit 5/14 fwys and all of my misses were still mostly playable.  3 penaltys didn't help either....was a great day though :)

Shot 85.

Crazy round. Started with a quad-9, added two triples, a double, and a bogey by the end of the 8th hole.  Then I hit a rich vein of form: birdie, birdie, par, par, and I ended up playing the back 9 at 3-over.

I was so disappointed after the first hole, but I was really happy after the 18th.  I like it when it works that way!

Yesterday, I shot 37-44=81. The 37 is the best nine of my life. It consisted of two birdies, five pars, a bogey, and a double bogey.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm not sure what to make of my game so far this year.  Both my Fairways and GIR are down from last year, but I've been scrambling and saving pars like crazy so how can I be upset?  I shot 76 both yesterday and today. My scores are normally erratic, but of my nine rounds posted since april 1st, I have yet to shoot higher than 79.

My home track:
72.5cr 137slope par 72

Two ways to shoot a 76...............
Yesterday:
8 Fairways
6 Greens
28 putts
2 birdies
1 penalty

Today:
5 Fairways
6 Greens
25 Putts
2 birdies
3 penalties
0/1 sand saves

I didn't start posting scores until April because I live in the midwest, but I already have 9 rounds posted this month:
My stats so far....
Avg. Score: 76
Fairways Hit 47%
Greens Hit in Regulation 41%
Successful Saves 47%
Successful Sand Saves 29%
Average Putts (per Hole/per GIR/per 18) 1.60 / 1.84 / 28.78
Average Penalties (per Hole / per 18) 0.04 / 0.78

I'm disappointed with all my long-game stats, but the short game is the glue holding my game together.  I'm close to playing a par/under par round......but not quite there yet.  I just need a few more fairways and greens. (and fewer penalties!!) I'm playing some really nice stretches of clean golf during my rounds......but a few erratic long shots are killing me in between.   I'm close....as Tiger would say. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch