IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Eisenhower Park Golf Course (White) in East Meadow, Long Island, NY.  Played there 2 weeks ago, shot 109.  Went back today and shot a 95 including a birdie on the 18th Par 5.  Personal best round for 18 holes (I usually only play 9 holes) and first time I got 3 pars there and first time I EVER got a birdie there.

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

First full round I have played in around 6 years.  I shot a 110 but had three pars in a row on the back 9 which made me proud.

played www.airwaymeadowsgolf.com today again from the white tees. was not one of my better rounds. shot 42 front 46 back for an 88. hit 4 fairways all day and had 31 putts. 14 putts on the front 9. only 1 birdie all day at the 7th hole where i stuck a wedge to 3 feet from about 115 out. gotta work things out asap.

Solid golf weekend:  73-76 (72.5cr 137slope)

I was in the zone yesterday and under par all the way to 17.  Two doubles late and I stumbled in for a 73, but it was still a great day, and a solid weekend.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

44-40 for an 84.

The bad: lost a ball, only the second one this year.  Two bladed wedges and a "pop" shot that flew the green.  The worst was it would have been in the 70's if it weren't for the FIVE 3-putts.  I also missed two very short first putts.

The good: Overall I hit very well, especially towards the end of the round.  And not all my putting was bad: I drained two 20+ footers for birdie and made several good par saves.  Shooting 84 with 4 doubles and a triple tells me the rest of my play was pretty decent.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

I played at a new course I've never been to yesterday, and I will never be back. It was by far the worst course I have ever played! The greens where brown, with bumps and cracks all over, the fairway was the same as the rough. My front yard is in better shape. Just horrible. I don't know how they even charge. I shot a 78 but we set a 2 putt max on the greens and I had lost so many balls due to not being able to find them in the fairway it was ridiculous, so no where an accurate score. I'll be playing my home course for a while after playing that mess.

Not today, but yesterday afternoon, I carded an 88 for my worst round in quite a while.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Goodfella

I played at a new course I've never been to yesterday, and I will never be back. It was by far the worst course I have ever played! The greens where brown, with bumps and cracks all over, the fairway was the same as the rough. My front yard is in better shape. Just horrible. I don't know how they even charge. I shot a 78 but we set a 2 putt max on the greens and I had lost so many balls due to not being able to find them in the fairway it was ridiculous, so no where an accurate score. I'll be playing my home course for a while after playing that mess.

I'd go back to play 9 (if possible) in about 3 months.  See if it got better.  I know that the course I played this weekend was a LOT better than it was when I played two weeks prior.  When I played 2 weeks ago, the fairway grass was so long you could only see half your ball even dead center of the fairway!!!!  And the greens were horribly inconsistent in terms of speed.  I wound up shooting a 109 on it and that was with shaving off a few strokes because of the fairways (I played with my father and we both agreed we could play mulligans from fairway if needed and not count the first shot at all.  We NEVER do this because of speed of play, but the group in front of us was so slow as was the group behind us).

But yesterday, it was like a totally different course.  Fairways were perfect and the greens were consistent through all 18.  All I'm saying is, don't give up on the course because you never know.  Although I would complain to whoever runs the course.

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

On saturday I play the course I play the most. Usually kind of an easier course for me. Shot an 87. My buddy who has never beaten me was beating me all day until somewhere on the back I stepped it up. He shot an 88 and broke 90 for the first time but we played hole 18 in the dark to make it official.

Yesterday I played anaheim hills for the first time. Its about 30 mins from my house and usually too expensive for my taste but got a good deal online. Hole 1 your looking like 60 yards downhill par 5 and I watch the group ahead of us put about 7 balls OB and the whole course was like that. I ended up loosing no balls and shot an 92. I only had 1 triple and that was on a hole that was ridiculious. The entire hole was up hill and slanted left lie. If any body cares I was really pleased with how nice the course was and how helpful everybody was. As we pull up to the 18th green to go putt some employee comes out and starts wiping down our clubs. That was a first for all of us and I felt it was really classy.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Finally broke 90 for the first time this weekend!  Had a 42 on the front 9, by far my best score for 9 holes... then had a blowup hole on the back (took a 6 on a Par 3) which almost ruined it, but came back to par the last 2 holes for an 88.

Only hit one bunker all day, drove the fairway most of the day, hit a bunch of greens in regulation (very unusual for me, I'm usually chipping) - no birdies but had 6 pars total.  Actually sank a few puts for a change also.  It was awesome!

Next stop 80!

good day today, 38. got a new drill to have correct line on my back swing ( i came way inside) and hit the pin on my second shot. If I was putting well today could have finally got par but still not happening.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

On vacation in Nags Head, I played Kilmarlic and shot a 91. Tale of two nines, again, 49/42. I had 6 penalty shots and another day with a wild driver. If I could control my driver better and start off as well as I finish, I'll finally start breaking 90. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/271968/width/640/height/483][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/271968/width/640/height/483[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Correction.. I shot a 99 yesterday! Broke 100 on my first round back which excites me.. and my playing partner is horrible at math!

I ended up moving back home to MI after a few months in CA, so I've just been playing the course in my hometown. It's in pretty good shape, decent layout, and twilight golf for $10? You really can't beat it... They have two 18 hole courses, but I always end up playing the links style north course.

I've played it a small handful of times since I've been home, and I feel like the more I play the more comfortable I'm getting on the course and swinging the clubs, which is great. Today I shot a 1 over, 37 for 9 holes after a lost ball and a couple of mediocre chips that cost me a couple strokes throughout the round. I was pleased overall tho. :) Hit a great shot into #1, stuck it about a foot and a half from the hole and rammed it in for birdie, lol. Felt great!

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

Finally broke 80 for the first time this year, shot a 78.

Good: No 3 putts and 2 birdies: one was a chip in (also first of the year) and on 18 I had a tap in birdie.  Best short game of the year as well.

Bad: Still a bit wobbly with the new belly putter.  Just missed several short par putts after good chips/pitches.  Driving is largely indifferent with flashes of brilliance.

Ugly: I had 1 double bogey.  Made a stupid mistake and tried to hit a hero shot after a bad drive that got me into even more trouble.  At that point double became a good score.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Played my home course (Harmon Club) this Saturday and had a 78, it's the first time I've broken 80 this year.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade