IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

72.5CR 137slope:

Score: 73

I played decent tee to green.....the difference was only needing 25 putts.   The funny thing is I had a boneheaded 3-putt from 20feet, but I also holed my share from inside of 15' too.  I had 4 birdies and couple nice par saves..............

Nice round.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Oh man. Greatest wost day ever. I striked the ball really well Greens in regulation on 10 holes. Hit the fairway on about 8 holes. Heres the kicker 42 putts. I think I know what I need to focus on next time I go to the range. Way to many putts. I will say these were the toughest fastest greens I have ever played but there is NO excuse for 3 putting 8 times. especially when I felt like I chipped pretty well. ANYWAY I ended up shooting a 90 on a par 72 on a 6405 yard course. I ended with a double bogey on 18 and I think I am blaming fatigue. I walked the course and it was extremely hilly. Every hole had elavation changes. I have never walked a course that long before. It kind of added a new sense of accomplishment like after a workout.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

I've been on a roll!!

These are my most recent 3 rounds from WED, THUR, and today/FRI.......(72.5CR 137slope)

75- 72-69

The 69 was really special.....12 Fairways, 13 Greens in Reg, and 28 putts.  I only made 1 bogey today and it was a very stress free round of golf.  Of the 5 GIR that I missed........I never lost a single shot around the greens!!!!!!....maybe the first time in my life I can say I never lost a shot around the greens during a round.   I got up and down 4 times and saved pars every time I missed a green......the 5th was due to a tee shot crossing a lateral hazard.....I took a penalty from long range and hit the green in 3 with a 6-iron.....and 2-putted for my only bogey.

wow....I impressed myself today.  4 birdies...1 bogey=69

PS...this missed my career personal best score by 1 stroke....so this is "rare air" golf for me. 72.5cr and 137slope is no pitch-n-putt course either............LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Comp got cancelled today. Flooded!

909 D2 10.5* Aldila NVS Reg 65g

Baffler T-Rail 16*

R7 19*

Fli-Hi 21*

FP 5-PW

52* 56* 60* Vokey Spin Milled

Flat Stick

Shot a bogey 43 on a par 34 course. A mixed round with some troubling doubles and bogey saves.

5 one putts! My chipping was RIGHT on, the SW is becoming my friend, at least right around the green.  14 putts on the round all together.

Worst shot, 85 yards on a third shot for a par 5. Bladed it about 120 lol. Luckily the ball didn't go into the back yard right next to the green. I gotta remember there is nothing wrong with hitting a GW instead of a SW a short distance. Much more consistent contact at my level of play.

Best shot, a punch shot after a sliced drive. Went under 3-4 trees, hit the lip of a trap, jumped over it, and settled in the greenside rough. It wasn't pretty, but the shot execution was perfect. Made up and down for par!

Happy considering I can only play these days once every couple weeks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't keep score when I played Saturday but I'm getting to the point where I get a lot of bogeys [that's good for me lol].  I had some double and triple bogeys as well.  I'm guessing I did around 100.

I'm finding that I'm getting much better when I'm under 100 yards from the cup [having a sandwedge is helping a bit].  My weakness right now is driving and my woods.  I used my hybrid 3i several times today.  Always found it a hard club to really get a good shot with.  Anyway after getting a good drive, it flew over the elevated fairway to the other side and just into the rough.  I gave it a nice solid swing with the 3i and connected!  I got green in reg on the par 5....felt great.

+7

Started solid with 5 pars. Ended with a 38 on the front. Then doubled the 11th and struggled to a 41 for a round of 79.

I need some more consistancy dammit!

909 D2 10.5* Aldila NVS Reg 65g

Baffler T-Rail 16*

R7 19*

Fli-Hi 21*

FP 5-PW

52* 56* 60* Vokey Spin Milled

Flat Stick

Played my first 9 holes on a "proper" course yesterday. Been playing on par 3s up until now and hitting range balls. A little apprehensive of holding people up on a larger course etc but went with a friend who golfs regularly so was a bit more relaxed. Really enjoyed the addition of par 4s and a 5. Was happy with my drives which were actually relatively straight, rather than my usual slice. Managed to par the first hole, and bogie the majority of the others apart from my first ever birdie on a par 4. I was delighted.

Hit 3 off the tea after hooking a shot into the woods on the par five but ended up with an 8 for that hole so was relatively happy with the way I played. Followed with 2 over par after 3 putting.

Shot 42 with the first 9 holes being a par of 34

Not great golf by any means but I was delighted, better than I expected it to be.

shot 41 today but felt like it was better than that. Finally was hitting the ball the way I wanted too. HIT EVERY FAIRWAY!!! 7/7 but with 4/9 GIR lol. Par three I sliced a 6 iron really bad and ended with double. then on a par 5 hit a good seccond shot that ended up in the greenside bunker, but lucky me it was hanging on the lip with a hangover right above it so I had to hit it just to get it down farther in the bunker =\. felt good because of ball striking and putting well today.

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

yeesh, new swing abandoned me for 6 of the first 9 holes and struggled to a front side 46 (with one 3 putt). Swing came back starting on 10 with 4 straight pars and carded a 2 over 38 on the back. Decent day of putting even on the gigantic (relative to most of the other courses we play) greens. Green depths on some greens are 40+ yds, so knowing yardages to the pins was crucial (red, white, blue flag system). Put the front side out of my mind and I figure I'll use the better back side as incentive to keep up working with the new swing.

Had a pretty great day. Tough course especially for a 16 handicap rated 72.6 with a slope of 130. Started off par par par then then went 6 over til I got another par then a double bogey to end the front 9 (+8 on the front). Then I drove the green on a dog leg left against my better judgement ended up just over the bunker. Started the back 9 with a birdie. Then play got really slow and then hole 11 par 5. My drive sliced and landed under a tree. Punched out like 10 yards. Then snap hooked a 5 iron into the fairway bunker. 135 yards out with my 4th shot I put it about 15 feet from the green. Just missed the put but saved bogie after a terrible hole. Next hole sliced again but hit that 9 iron 145 to 5 feet from the pin from the other fairway. DIDNT CAPITALIZE! Next hole 170 par 3 and drop my shot about 10 feet from the pin and made the birdie. Next hole my 3 iron laying up to a short par 4. Ended up with a tree in my way. Could have punched out 100 yards down the fairway and up into the green. Decided to try and bend it like bubba with an 8 iron, most beautiful shot Started about 5 feet left of the tree and bent it all the way back to the middle of the green pin high, saved par. Next hole par 5 I had a birdie putt from 5 feet but a sideways slider that I missed. Next hole 3 putted for bogie on real short par 3 (so far EVEN through holes 10-16) which is unheard of for me. Especially when I was sitting one under through a 5 hole stretch. Next hole I start counting my score realizing I may be able to put up a score in the 70's. Next drive was a straight pull OB. triple bogie and bogied hole 18 to end with an 84. Im still really happy with the day. It showed my potential to be doing that all the time.

• Upvote 1

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

76 this morning while playing a round withe coach/club pro. Beat him for the first time ever, he shot a 78, mostly due to two very unlucky drives, but I still beat him. I booked an amazing eagle from 187 yards on 16 after a horrible tee shot. My first ever full swing shot to the hole with anything but a wedge. Hit a beautiful 25* Hybrid, crossed the hazard in front of the green, bounced twice straight towards the flag, rolled in the cup for my third eagle of 2012.

I even saved the ball to put up in my trophy mantle, as I have with all my big golf firsts, like first eagle, first birdie, first chip in, first ball to last 18 holes. I just mark em and put em in the case. Every golfball, puck, baseball, and medal in that case has a memory attached to it. The only thing missing is the panties my wife was wearing the first night we 'spent together', lol. I tried to add them to the case, but she got all upset about it for some reason.

We also witnessed another club regular albatross the Par 5 5th. He hit his tee shot while we were on the green. Waited till we were clear [no, we weren't slow, they just tee'd off right behind us and kept pace), fired at the pin and it dribbled in. Hedley and I saw it roll in, he didn't. He comes up and see's us on the 6th tee, waiting on the group in front of us. We hear him say, 'damn, that looked like a good shot, but I dont see my ball', to which I looked back and said 'check the cup!'. To say he was extatic is an understatement. And who is to blame him, he just got a 2 on a par 5, in front of his partners, the club pro, and myself, who are all well known around the club. It was cool to see, and the guy who did it is both a great golfer and a great guy. I bought him 3 beer the next time the refreshment cart passed. One for each stroke below par on the hole.

• Upvote 1

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Yesterday we teed off at 9am.  Thinking we'd beat the heat, I had been looking forward to our Sunday round all week.  But what started as a beautiful day here in N Tx quickly turned into a sweltering sweat-fest.

My drive off the first tee was tremendous, fading around the dog leg right to about 80 yards from the green.  My approach was flawless, and my rusty Vokey 52 put the ball about 8 feet from the pin.  I two putted for par.  It would be another 5 or 6 holes before I managed to repeat what I'd done on the first hole.  The humidity hunkered in like an invisible fog.  The air temperature quickly climbed into the 90's.  Hole #3, the first par 5, chewed me up and spit me out.  15 yards left of the green on my 3rd shot put me in deep rough where I hacked my way up to the green and in for a double. I was already sweating so badly I had to dodge the steady stream of perspiration falling from the brim of my cap just to concentrate on my putts. By noon I was drenched to my knees.

My goal was to two putt every green.  And although I accomplished that goal and my drives were almost all good, my fairway shots and chip shots suffered from the toll that the almost exhaustible heat and humidity was taking on me.  We came to the #1 handicap hole on the course, hole #13. This long par 5 has a river running  almost the entire length of the fairway on the right, a large pond 150 yards from the tee box on the left, and another large pond, requiring  a 175 carry, separating the fairway from the green, for the 3rd shot to the pin.  My drive caught turf just before I made contact with the ball,  something I never do, and went wild to the left and into the pond.  Despite my constant intake of water, my muscles were fading from the heat.   I dropped at the pond and hit up the fairway just past the 150 yard marker. Laying 3 now,  I  pulled out my #2 hybrid and went for the green, hitting the ball right on the sweet spot, sending it over the 2nd pond, landing on the near edge of the green, and managed to two putt for a respectable bogey.  Next hole was a 115 yd par 3.  The air was so thick with humidity you could see it, like a thin layer smoke from a distant fire. I pulled the 9 iron and put it 12 feet from the pin.  Another two putt for par.

The next couple of holes weren't so forgiving and my endurance was fading with each shot, resulting in another turf-first drive, bad chips, another ball in the water, and finally here came the beer cart.  Hoping a cold one would take the edge off what was turning into a messed up back nine I tackled the last 3 holes with renewed mental fortitude and tried to overcome my exhaustion.

When we hit #16,  I really had nothing left and knew it.  My muscles were now spent and the heat was taking it's toll on all of us.  It wasn't pretty. But with two holes to go  I rallied.  Hole #17 gave me my longest drive in two years.  280 yards with an easy pitch to the green and another par.  #18, a narrow par 5 with sand all over the approach to the green and water just shy of the sand  to the right,  requires precision like threading a needle. I usually have no trouble with #18.  I landed my 3rd shot 5 or 6  yards shy of the green to the right, just past the bunker, but in deep rough. Then I totally botched my chip from the rough and squeezed the ball two feet closer to the green.  If I didn't love that wedge so much I might have sent it spiraling into the pond. I should have parred the hole but ended up with a double.

The double bogey.  Ugh.  I saw several of those Sunday despite my good drives and consistent putting.  Water claimed a few balls and even though I was chipping like a pro on the practice green before the round, by the time I hit the back nine my chips were just downright sorry, but for a select few.

I salvaged a 91 for the day and was darn happy to leave the course with that.  Looking back I could have cut 5 strokes from my score if I'd only been able to maintain muscle control on the short approach shots.

All in all...despite the heat and humidity it was still a great day on the course!

• Upvote 1

2 rounds over the weekend in Orlando.

82 - MetroWest Golf Club (beautiful 10 on par 4 9th)

80 - Stonybrook Golf Club (beautiful 9 on par 5 8th)

If I had par'd the 2 blow-ups I would have set and then matched my all-time low!!! Oh well. Both go in as 78s with ESC adjustment.

Down to 7.4 now and falling quick. Not sure where I'll bottom out but I've been playing well so I'm just focused on playing one good round at a time.