IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

9 holes Friday...shot a scrambling 39

Played yesterday in 40MPH winds with temps below freezing and shot a 92....hardest round of golf I have ever played

Lets say you played with the temperature at 30 degrees F. with the 40 mph wind speed you gave that would give you a wind chill factor of -6 degrees

Got to really love the game to play in those conditions

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lets say you played with the temperature at 30 degrees F. with the 40 mph wind speed you gave that would give you a wind chill factor of -6 degrees

Got to really love the game to play in those conditions

It was 40 degrees F out ( 5 C ) with the 40MPH wind, so maybe around -2 or -3?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Tried to play Fri but was too sick so I bailed after two holes. Sat I started at 4PM but by 6:45 I was sitting in a cart waiting on the group ahead on 12 green so I bailed, shot 41 on the front, but that is a crawl for me on late Sat course. Usually finish in less time than it took to get to 12 tee. Yesterday I got up early to play before the Masters leaders got out there but everyone else had the same idea. I left after 7 holes due to crazy slow play. Went back after it was obvious Spieth had it wrapped up but again had to leave before finishing because the wind kicked up to 26 mph with gusts well over that so course really not playable. Sucky weekend for golf.

So after all that I shot just the one 41 despite being at the course four times.

That's just sad, sorry to hear that.   I played on Sunday morning and the course was unusually sparse.  Everyone is at home to watch The Master, I assumed.   Finished the round in less than 4 hours which is a very good pace for Sunday and still watched back 9 of The Masters.    JS took the air out of the tire so to speak and I was almost tempted to go back to play a late round (9 holes) instead of watching The Masters.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot 37 +3 7 = 74 Saturday, 10 FIR, 3 in first cut. 14 GIR with 2 hitting green and rolling off back. Just burning edges of cup making only one birdie. Course only 6400 yards. 85 degrees today. getting warm.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Had to hurry to get in 9 holes after work, but I was anxious to hit my new irons.  Really hit the new X Hot N14's well, but still only shot 44 because I've apparently forgotten how to chip and putt. :yucky:

Red

Par 70 72.2/127 6600 yards. Shot 69 finally. Still had one 3 putt but only 2 bogeys 3 birdies 12 gir and best of all 30 putts. Still missed a four footer I rang off the flag from 72 yards and a 10 footer on the 132 yard par 3. Oh well I'll take it. Amazing what 30 putts will do.

Par 70 68.1/119. Not a tough course, just one I have never played before. Went 81. Who puts a pond across a fairway on a blind tee shot at 260 yards?!?! I will know for next time I guess. Encouraged and want to go play some more but it's midnight

Saturday:

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

40-42=82....I played well enough to score 5 shots better, but the strength of my game was absent.(putting). Oh well, I am still optimistic because I am hitting the ball much better!!! My iron play is looking up!!

Sunday:

I played late in the day and played the front twice.    A mess was on the back so making the turn to a near empty front was the logical thing to do.

Drumm Farm Golf Club:  18hole Stats for playing the front9 twice.........6,666yds Par72....73.0CR.....140slope

40- 36 =76  My first even par 9 of the year and I did it on the tougher nine!!

Fairways: 9/14

Greens: 8

Putts: 27

Birdies: 3

Penalties 2..............(but great recovery and 1-putts limited the damage to bogey)

I'm definitely not at summer form yet, but making progress in the right direction!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Tourney this last weekend shot 77-76 on a 71.5/135 course... Very easy course. Got third, two guys beat me by one shot. I had 34 and 35 putts respectively each round, hit 12 greens both rounds. Honestly, the scores weren't great for such an easy course, but I'm usually terrible in the spring, so I'm pretty encouraged. I hit my new SLDR better the first day than I have ever hit a driver in my life. Hit the ball phenomenally well in the first round and just okay the second round, but I hit it in the water 3 times the first day (all three were about a yard from being good shots, got bad bounces). Putting was horrendous both days. I can't remember ever putting as bad as I did in this tournament. I heard other players saying the same thing, the greens were horribly inconsistent. One was fast, the next was extremely slow. I had 4 or 5 three putts from 20 feet and in, which I just don't do, ever. Missed 4 three footers. I really think it was mostly the course though. Looking forward to a great year. Last year was great with a couple really good tourney finishes, hopefully I can build off it this year.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

Opened the season with a 90 at Carrington Golf Club in Monroe, MI. Zero penalties. 16 nGIR, so my greenside shots and 3-6ft putts could use some work. Paired up with a couple of fellow walkers and had the most fun in years, great start to the season.

- Mark

Went to play Las Vegas Golf Club, one of the oldest if not the oldest course in town, was the course I basically learned to play on.  Its an old school muni but has some challenging spots. Shot 76 with a 36 on the front and 40 on the back.  One stupid double ruined my side and then going for broke on a par 5 thinking I could make it up with an eagle and walked off with par.  But still a good round and my 19th round of the season already so can't complain.

First round of the year today!  Just got out to an executive course, nothing exciting around 5500 yards and par 67 but they were open and beggars can't be choosers!  Shot level par which was nice, looks like all that work I did on the simulator over the winter was worthwhile.

Brad

Got to hit a bucket of balls and putt a bit before playing 18 after school today at my home course!

Course: Cinco Tees (Black) 6922 yards Slope 133 Course Rating 73.8

Par 71 (36-35)

46+40=86, hit 7 greens+ 3 on the fringe and a total of 13 nGIR

Could of been an excellent round if it wasn't for the 7 and 9's that I got on the two par 5's on the front nine but my irons looked good today and I was only hitting my driver 230-250 but it was straight.

Also did not lose any balls and found 7 including 2 pro v1's so a win for me today!

14/4/2015

43/41 84. Bit misdirected off the tee's today but was sharp around the greens to post a ok score. Happy with my chipping put 7 within 3 feet.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

played 18 at The Quarry golf club in Canton OH. It is one of the toughest and most beautiul golf courses in Ohio. Course details: 7015 yards; Slope; 139 Rating; 74 My irons were great and I was hitting the ball well off of the tees. My putting was atrocious but that was in part to how tough the greens were. (I drove the green on hole # 4 which is a 296 yard par 4 and three putted for a par LOL!) I ended up shooting an 80 (+8) which is a shame for how well my ball striking was. For any members that live in Ohio, I highly recommend making the drive to play this course. I will be playing this course many more times in the future! Cheers!

Haven't had a chance to post. Waiting in airport for flight to Kauai. 4/11 Half Moon Bay Old Course 6610 72.8/128 40-42-82 Birdied one and parred 18, everything else was a struggle for the day. Coure is nothing special but 18 was awesome. 4/1 Chardonnay Golf club 6568 71.8/131 38-41-79 Had 3 birdies, course knowledge would've been nice. Made two doubles, by losing balls into the Vineyard that I didn't see from tee. Played pretty well though. Really liked this course, was a fun layout, not he best but enjoyable. Low of nice elevation changes. 4/14 Poppy Ridge Golf Course Chardonnay/Zinfendel 6686 73.2/138 40-35-75 Played really well here, had a double on the front, along with two three putts. Best I've played in a while. Really liked this course, would like to see how it would've played if the drought conditions weren't so bad. But really enjoyable course. Would come back and play it again. Off to Kauai, have tee time for Kauai Laggons, hope the rain holds off.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones