IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Well I finally broke 100!! (Actually broke 90!!)  Been playing a little 7 months.  Shot a 48 on the front nine, with a 9 on the par 5 (2 out of bounds shots).   On the back 9 shot my best 9 holes ever with a 41.

Par 70 only 5674 yards.   rating 67.4 Slope 114

89 - Best round to date

4 - pars

1 - birdie

28 - putts

You can check out the round on Game Golf:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randyrives/round/322819

• Upvote 1

39/39 - 78 (70.4-130)

Finally hit the ball like I use to but I couldn't make a putt to save my life....

Fairways - 8/14

GIR - 12/18

Putts - 37 :pound:

Sand Saves - 0/2

It was my first round with my new Cobra Bio Cell+ driver and it took me 3 holes to get a feel for it but when I did, it made me so happy I bought it.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Not bad, not good.  pretty steady.  No birdies lately - I'm not hitting my GIRs even with good looks - like I know I should be able to.  and if I do, I'm not hitting center....gotta go work on alignment and face....

one of the bogies (3) and the double (10) I had to take my medicine and lay up from under a tree....  most of the other bogies I just messed up from what should be pretty easy close chips

and the sandy (60 yard sand shot still made the green) on the Par 5 was great - in fact all 5 of those shots on that hole were really good.

on the plus side I'm 'feeling' my putter again

On the more plus side the wife got her 2nd birdie ever - a pitch in from about 15 yards to the 'Island' Green par 3.  She's starting to hit a few shots (finally) like she knows what she's doing and we cleared the entire course in 3-1/2 hours - this makes it more fun for me and especially for her.  It's fun to watch someone learn and do better.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39-40-79

71.8/134

Starting to hit the ball better, was windy as hell, greens are punched and two bad shots lead to doubles, but getting closer to the old me.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

38 and 50 today for an 88, a new record. The stroke index is 70 and yardage 5724. Blistering front 9 for me. A game of two halfs though after that very good start. I didn't have the biggest breakfast so I think I should have eaten and drunk more while going around. I had a ball jump out of the hole - cue an outburst of frustration. Played with my dad and he had a good round too, 92.

Posted 43 for league last night. Tired of playing in wind and rain. It's tough for everyone so probably not as bad as it seems. The best score in my flight was +2 and a guy with a handicap of +1 posted that. A couple mid single digit guys posted 44's and 45's. But I simply blew up my score finishing double double on the last two holes with penalties.

Dave :-)

Played 9 holes this evening and shot even par 36. Ball striking is key. Hit 7/9 greens. The 2 greens I missed I made bogey.

47 and 44. Took me to 14 to get the driver going. But pleased with the outing.

Driver: :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2, 9.5 set 1 higher Woods: :adams: F11 15 Rescue: :tmade: R15 17 Irons: :tmade: Rbladez 4-AW Putter: :odyssey: White Hot Bag: :adidas: Cart Bag

46/40 = 86.  Windy day, gusts up to 30 mph so we moved to the forward tees (5573 yds).  7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles and a triple (drowned a ball on a par 3).  Hit 9/12 fairways but only 6 GIR, 34 putts.  Pretty tough day in the wind, so I was happy to score as well as I did (86 is one stroke off my all-time best).  Any time I break 90 is a good day, and it's starting to happen a little more frequently.

Best part of the day:  Finishing in a 3-way tie with two friends who usually shoot 7-10 strokes lower than me.

Weirdest "nature moment" of the day:  There's a big heron that nests next to the pond between holes #2 and #3.  While we were playing #3, the heron snagged a duckling from a mama's brood in the pond.  Mama Duck was frantic and kept trying to attack the heron to save her duckling.  The heron stood its ground, then finally flew off with the duckling in its beak and Mama Duck in hot pursuit.  A big ruckus ensued down in the reeds on the edge of the pond and Mama Duck came flying out a few minutes later, so I guess she lost and the duckling became lunch.  I knew herons ate fish, but never realized they also ate other birds.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

40-39-79

70.3/128

Springfield Golf & Country Club

Front 9 couldn't do anything, 5 bogeys and 4 pars.  Back 9 got it going after the 12th hole, played in 1 over and that was a bad bogey 3 putt on the Par 5.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Won our first match 3&2 at San Gabriel CC. Format is alternate shot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

played in my regular 9-hole Thursday night league last night and shot 41.  Disappointing because I was hitting the ball very good and missed 2 tricky 3 footers for par.  Overall, 1 birdie, 3 pars, 4 bogeys and a double.  2 of the bogeys were of the 3 putt variety.  On the positive, my intermediate putting was pretty good with a couple of just miss birdies and a make.  On the negative, of 3 chip opportunities I only converted 1.  Fairways hit:  3/7, Greens hit:  6/9.  Putts: 17 (yuck).

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Another pesonal best!  Went round in 88......got my first birdie and my handicap is now 24.8.

Welton Manor Golf Course - 5464 yards, Par 70, SSS 66, Slope 117

51 on the front and 37 on the back

1 birdie

5 pars

7 bogeys

5 doubles or worse

29 putts

4 GIR

Played off 28 for the last time and scored 45 points.

Matt

36-44-80 WTF The Golf Clb at Landsdowne RTJ II course 71.5/139 Went par, birdie, par, birdie, eagle , par (lipped out birdie) on front 9 after bogey, bogey and double bogey start. Won my match 5 and 4 and then went par, double bogey par and double bogey

-Jerry

Lost our match 4&3. Mostly my fault. Missed a few short putts early and just couldn't recover. Overall a positive week, making championship flight and winning our first match.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hit a 47 on front 9. Missed most of the fairways but not by a ton. Missed some easy putts and hit a few fat 2nd shots, but the short game around the green was spot on. (Looks like the 56 60 degree Callaway wedges I bought are paying off.) I've been playing a little over a year consistently and have my handicap down to 23.7 (from over 30). Goal is to get it into teens by the end of summer.

Home course:  Cowichan Golf & Country Club. Yardage 5899 Black Tees 73.5/124