IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Sunday,

Kittyhawk, Falcon Course (front nine), Dayton, OH  - 38

Kittyhawk, Hawk Course (front nine),   -  48

The golf itself was a fairly uninspired exercise made more difficult with the sky-high rough that's grown up with all the rain lately. I probably lost at least four strokes on the Hawk trying to knock balls out that cabbage. At least I putted a bit better than in my previous few rounds.

One of our guys is a bit green so our intention was to play the executive Falcon course. On the ninth hole, I hit my approach shot left and they go right, so I take the other way around the big water hazard that separates the fairway and the green. When I get around, I see one of our guys arguing with a very large guy. Before I hit my pitch shot, he yells over "This isn't good. I going to the pro shop" and storms off. After completing my bogey, the reason becomes obvious. A five-some of straight hacks just jumped on to the 10th tee. Another instance of an AWOL starter at Kittyhawk not doing his job. My guy apparently raised quite a ruckus and eventually we finished on the regulation Hawk.

This is the second such experience in my last three outings at the old home course, where a starter disappears.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Crazy good day for me yesterday, shot a 40/41 - 81 at the home course (it's a par 70 course).  Never scored this well before (a good day for me is low 90's with the rare dip into the high 80's), just played out of my socks.  Only thing I can figure is my last 2 rounds were at 2 extremely difficult and new courses for me so maybe getting back to a familiar course helped, but still it was insane.

I've been hitting my irons and putting relatively well all year but have been getting killed off the tee.  Yesterday was the first time the driver behaved.  Stat-wise, 43% fairways, 39% GIR's, 34 putts.  Started off on the back nine with a par-birdie-bogey-birdie and was +4 at the turn.  Came back to reality somewhat on the back nine (the course's front nine) with a +7, although I did par 4 holes in a row on the back.

Like I said, crazy day, it'll probably be a long long time before I get close to that score again, but going to enjoy it for now.

Lowest round of my life this weekend.

77 ( 37/40 )

Only 1 birdie - 210 yard par 3, 5 iron to 2 feet. A LOT of up and down pars.

Unexpected really because I haven't played much lately, and my previous round before this one was a grinding, messy 87.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Lowest round of my life this weekend. 77 ( 37/40 ) Only 1 birdie - 210 yard par 3, 5 iron to 2 feet. [U] A LOT [/U] of up and down pars. Unexpected really because I haven't played much lately, and my previous round before this one was a grinding, messy 87.

Nice work. That round sounds like it was clean with only one birdie

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Fun day - 36 holes here - front 18 played straight golf with a very good front 9 and total meltdown on the back 9.

I got to hit from sand a lot and was SUPER happy with my ability to pick the ball.  All but 1 shot was very good from the beach.

I have no idea what I was doing on the back 9  it was ridiculous

5 sand shots - 3 penalty strokes - 5 x 3 putts:  since a mid to low 80's round would be very good for me here, it's clear what I need to fix I guess

2nd 18 was a series of scrambles and alternate shot format - had a great time.

I ended up ahead of the game between both rounds of payout - so I got that going for me

Bill - 

Had a very mixed bag on the course yesterday.

Brambleton Golf Course, Virginia.

Turned up after a bit of a heavy night Saturday, only took a few holes to realize it was not going to be my day :-)

Made the turn with a 57 on the card, I managed to find the water or lose the ball in the long rough at every opportunity on the front nine! one of those days where even if you strike the ball nicely and see it just roll off the fairway to the light rough you lose the damn thing!!

Then:

Started the back 9 with three pars straight off and played bogey golf all the way home until hitting a par on the 18!

What changed?

I decided at the turn to play the next few holes conservatively and hit the fairway off the tee so pulled out the 3 iron and kept the driver under covers.....with all the rain we had the night before even the light rough was sucking at the club head, lot's of fat shots on the front nine.

Changed to a bump and run approach around the greens, playing lofted chip shots the ball was plugging with the very soft greens, it's amazing how many shots one loses without thinking when you leave yourself so much work on the putting surface.

and finally, my luck changed, didn't lose any balls, when I did hit a wayward driver on the 18th it found it's way in to a 15yd gap in the deep rough, was able to get a good hit from there with my 5 wood and get on the green in 3 on the long par 5.

Was quite happy coming off the course, the back nine was a better gauge of how I've been playing and striking the ball, but the front nine is definitely a reminder of what can happen if you let your focus go and are not in the game from the start.

Dean

Driver - Ping i15 9.5 Stiff Shaft
3 and 5 wood - Ping i15 Regular 
Irons 3-PW - Ping i15
yup, there's a theme here...........
Putter
- Ping Scottsdale Tr

One time fanatic golfer, took a break, now back on the course/range as much as possible
"If at first you don't succeed.......Sky-diving probably isn't for you"

Shot 39-39=78 @ River Forest in Freeport, PA

First 18 hole round in 2 weeks. I hit the ball well all day long. Putting was so-so on wet greens.  The course played a little longer than normal due to more then 10 inches of rain in the last week.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

The course is finally drying out!  I played pretty well, but lost a few shots late to finish the round on a sour note.

72.5CR 137slope........Course Par is 72

37-39=76

Today had potential to be a special round, but I let it go in the end bogeying the final three holes.

(the last being a reachable par5 birdie opportunity)   I was cruising along with an even par round within my grasp, but I choked it away in the end.   I missed a couple short birdie putts when the opportunity presented itself, and failed to save pars when it was an easy up-and-in.   I just haven't played enough yet to get my MOJO going.

Fairways: 10/14

Greens: 6........a disgrace and my weakness right now.  Missing greens with wedges!!!...when they should be birdie opportunities!!

Putts: 28

1 eagle...my first of 2015

1 birdie

S/Saves: 1/2

Lower scores are within reach.....I just need to get my head out of my @ss and start hi tting my irons better!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I played my local course again today (ironwood nine cerritos...9 hole par 29). I had a score of 37 and got a birdie on the 2nd hole which normally has haunted me with double & triple bogeys. I cant wait to get to Lakewood golf course again to see if i can break 100 or maybe even 90

Golf is a funny sport.

I played on the Saturday before Father's Day at Lonnie Poole, N.C. State's course which is hosting the Women's ACC Championship. Tough course. I played from the Reds which were 70.7/130 6500 . It is a tough course if you miss the fairway, very links like with 12 inch fescue. If you are in the fairway it's not that bad. Well, I was not in the fairway. Shanked 6i OB on second hole, things like that. I shot a 99 which broke my streak of 80s scores so I was pretty bummed. I did make a brilliant shot on the 18th from 215 to about 10 ft. Where was that all day.

Now to the funny part. I played on Monday at my local easier course from the whites, 68/120/6000 and still did not drive well at all (1 fairway)l but irons were solid and I scrambled my tail off including my lowest putt total of 28 (thanks Edel!). Anyway, I shot a 79 which was a goal I had for the year to break 80 at the whites and then move back and play from the blues. I have played the blues before and I doubt I will shoot much differently but I wanted to reach that milestone.

So after rounds in the 85-90 range for the last two months, I shoot a 99 and then a 79. :) So my average is about the same, hah. The play this month has also dropped my hcp from 15.9 down to 14.7 today. Started the year at 14.2 so coming back down the mountain...

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Much better - what a beautiful day yesterday.  A couple deer right off the fairway on a couple holes.  Course was in great shape, a real pleasure.

Was hitting my approach shots so straight too.  Normally my par 5's are my strong point - couldn't get a straight drive on any of them.  But the Par 3 (normally a weak spot) were fantastic.

Experimented with that low punch shot - I want to practice that one, VERY useful and it paid off a lot.

Gave myself quite a few birdie opportunities and only two holes where I really messed up and those were close to good too.

Bill - 

Shot 48-39-39-41=167 +23 on Monday, on a sopping wet puddle infested Newman Golf Course.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played my home course on Monday from the blue tees the one in front of the tips and shot a 84 which is decent but should of been a lot better. Made some mental mistakes and thinned a couple irons which was surpising. Had too many putts but overall it was a good round and I played fairly quickly with two other guys who were about the same as me which was fun.

Didn't play yesterday because my home course had a tournament in the morning and then it began pouring after 1 D:

Got a round in this morning before the torrential storms and played one of the best rounds of my life. Shot an 82 from the tips at a course that I call my second home since I play there a lot. Played from the tips and it usually plays around 7000 yards but today the 10 hole which is usually a par 5 was playing as a par 3 so the course played around 6650 yards and par 69.

Played by myself today and I played 2 balls on most holes (always took my first score) and played in around 2 hours. Got in trouble on the back nine with my driver some and I only hit 2 greens on the back but I hit 5 greens on the front which was pretty good but I didn't take any of the birdie opportunities which sucked!

Feel like I am getting better and I am going to start taking my handicap for real after this week since I am finally starting to play some really good golf!

Wednesday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH, Whites, CR: 68.6, Slope: 114

44-41-85

This is a great result for me after struggling bitterly for the last few weeks. The scorecard is actually my best on this course by two strokes, but there is a bit of asterisk. Flooding caused the to severely shorten the 16th and 17th and the 17th yielded one of my two birdies. None-the-less, it was one of the steadiest rounds of golf I've played. Few really brilliant shots, but I didn't waste many either. My putting was significantly better than it has been recently with only one three-putt.

I was just raving about "FINALLY" playing a dry course just a few posts earlier, but it wasn't meant to last!!!    Hahahahahaha..............we got slammed with a gully-washing 2.5 inches after that round.

I played again yesterday....and we are back to squishy ball-pugging fairways!!!!

72.5CR 137slope:   38-38=76

the same score!!  I missed a few short putts that really hurt!  (including a 24" birdie putt)

I'm getting close to a level par round....... it's going to happen soon!!

Within 1 hour of my round being completed yesterday, KC got slammed again!!   A gully-washing downpour that included a small F1 tornado that touched down less than 8 miles from the course and 4 miles from my house!  I plan to play again tomorrow morning, and it will no doubt be a soggy round of golf!   AAAAAAAaaaaaarh!!!   A drought sounds nice....too bad California is greedy and keeps all the drought for themselves.  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch