iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

17,915 posts / 484840 viewsLast Reply

The course I posted above has a rating of 67.8 and slope of 117. If I have been comparing my scores on the same 3 courses all year. At the beginning of the year I was scoring 66-72. A couple months ago 57-63. A month ago I was 56-62. The past month I havent scored over 60. The past three rounds 55-56-47. That means a lot to me.

Well I haven't posted for a few rounds. Played two courses I really like with a little higher slope rating and course designer. @127. 85 & 85, I hit enough fairways (12 & 11) to score better and was long enough but couldn't either hit a green or hold one to save my life. I'm trying something to create better contact with a weight shift but think this minor change may be effecting contact but will stick with it. Should tell soon as I'm short on most shots but feels like I'm taking a lazy swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had my best round ever. Shot a 4 over 74. Lipped out for a hole in one, had my second shot on  par five nick the stick, missed the eagle though. Funny thing was, I was 4 over after 3 holes. Played even, 4 birdies, 4 bogeys the rest of the way in. Longest birdie putt was 20 feet, the rest were all inside of 5 '. Beat my last best by two shots. I would be standing over a a 160yard shot and know it was going to be a good one. Hope I get that feeling again someday, but on the first hole.

Shot a 71. It was a par 65, though. But still, very pleased. Played the back 9 in even par - 1 birdie, 1 bogey. I actually had a triple bogey on the front 9, too. I managed to find about the only place on the hole with my drive that was in trouble. It was a sever side hill, ball above my feet, plus a bad lie in thick, ankle-high grass. Bleh. Oh well. Still was a pretty damn good round.

78 yesterday (38-40). Course CR 70.7, slope 130. Difficult wind conditions, so the scores were adjusted by three strokes (CBA system here in Europe)

3 birdies, 5 bogeys, 1 quad bogey (again!)

I need to get rid of the quads. Its probably because of playing a bit more aggressive recently. It has given me more birds but at the same time a couple of high numbers. Need to adjust to that.

5/14 FIR, 8/18 GIR, 30 putts

Driving wasn't so good this time. On the bright side, won the club competition again :)

Played 27 holes. 40/38 from whites, 40 from blues Note: A little better contact as described in LSW. Concentrated on full swing during pre swing routine. Drives are actually getting longer. Thanks.

Wasn't today but shot a 112/28 points on Saturday and a 98/38 points on Sunday.  I'm a 28 handicap and was playing in my clubs informal Sunday morning competition, I've now been cut to 27.

This was the third time I've broken a 100 and currently trying to break 95, want to be consistently playing bogey golf by end of next summer.

Just back from my Smith Mountain Lake Trip

Ballyhack Golf Club - Roanoke VA

Ridge Tees - 6,247 71.6/145

37-42-79 with 1 triple (lost ball and three putt), one double bogey, 1 eagle and 2 birdies.

Course was very tough, you had to hit it in the fairway, no level lies on the course, major elevation changes.  The course was interesting, would play it again, not sure anyone else in my group would play it again though.  Everyone else said it was too difficult.  Huge greens, most greens had several tiers, so if you got on the wrong side, it was almost impossible to two putt.  I think I had three putts that were close to 70-80 feet.

The Waterfront Country Club, Moneta, VA

69.7/132 6,111 Yds BlueTees

38-41-79 -  nice course, had some interesting holes.  Greens were really slow.  The Par 3 17 was fun to play, about 145 Yds over water but at a drop of 30-40 feet.

Poplar Grove Golf Club

White Tees  6,101 70.6/135

35-37-72 - 3 birdies, very nice layout, course was a little rough on the front Nine, back 9 was in much better shape.  Not many level lies on this course either.  It's way off the beaten path to get here, but i would play this course again.

8/16 - 80 @ Rittswood GC, Valencia, PA

8/17 - 81 @ River Forest CC, Freeport, PA

Both scores from the senior tees.

In both rounds I started well, then went about 8 consecutive holes with nothing but bogies, and then recovered with several consecutive pars on the back 9.

My putting is still mediocre and that is costing me a few strokes per round.

+10 not from the back tess (white in france) but the 11+ tees (yellow) :doh:

poor but ok + 3 on front 9 with only 2 GIRs.

back nine being easier I force my game whent all over and save par one with 3 GIRS +7 (one double).

70 on par 71 (sss 71 - uk) from back tees, we don't have slope rating. Second round below par gross of the year. 18th round in the 70s this year but only 3 of those in a comp :-(

Played 18 this afternoon. 75 (38/37). 11 fairways, 8 greens, 7/10 U&D; (half just off green), 28 putts. Scores should be a little higher but my U&D; has been good with balls just off greens. Really happy with driving again having several balls inside 100 yards to pin with the LSW drills I've been doing. BTW - I took the two recently re shafted irons out of the bag while I'm working on the full swing with my standard clubs. Better feel again.

Par72 Course: 6564yds: 72.5CR: 137Slope

37-35=72

My warm streak continues.....this was a very stress free round of golf.  I had two 3-putts from inside of 15 feet on the back and still scored under par!  I could have gone very low had it not been for aggressive putting!  I may get back into the ZERO's before long if this play continues!!

I shot a 42  at Wyandotte Shores Golf Course in Wyandotte ,Michigan on the Historic Detroit River.

Putter was working, made 3 long putts and birdied the last hole with a 4 on the par 5 9th.