IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Winter storm warning was posted for today (2/24) so I left work early yesterday to walk a quick 18 at the one local course that stays open all winter.  Managed a 10.9 differential with a couple birdies and a couple disasters.  Very comfortable with a hazy sun and 40 degrees.

It is humbling to play golf in relatively low temperatures on a soggy/soft course.  Clubbing up 2-3 clubs and having unreachable par 4's despite a decently struck drive can be hard to experience.  Still, I am feeling pretty good despite the predicted 3-9 inches of snow.  Hoping for the "3" and getting ready for the "9".

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 2 over 38 today on what was a very soggy course after a downpour yesterday, coupled with temperatures in the high 30s, winds in the 20 mphs and flurries for most of the round. Wasn't very happy with my ball striking or driving, but was putting and chipping well.

Austin Sachs - Mid-level Amateur in the Eastern United States

WITB: Titleist 915 D3, Cleveland 588 3 Wood, Nike Covert Tour Hybrid, Mizuno MP-4 4-PW, Mizuno MP-T4 52, 56, 60 degree, Taylormade White Smoke Putter

Shot a 36!!........on a par 28 executive course. Parred the first three holes and then the thinking started and it derailed. Kept my composure and rebounded ok. Got to walk to which was nice. The tour trek cube cart I purchased is pretty sweet. It was a good day :)

Got 7 holes in after work today. Of the 7 holes par should be 25 and I shot a 32. Not terrible for a first round of the year. Actually really well considering I was +4 after the first hole because of some poor wedge shots on soggy ground, and a thin from just off the green that hit the pin and shot left instantly. So the remaining 6 holes I was +3.

Best shot of the day was my Tee shot on the 215 yard Par 3 6th. Dead straight at the flag and rolled up and hit the pin. Closest I've ever been to an ace.

Overall ll I think that +3 after the remaining 6 holes is really good, especially since #3,4,5 are the hardest on the course and I walked away with bogey(par 3), par(par 5), bogey(par 4).

The range down the street just opened up their grass to hit off of and I can't wait to get off the mats.

32.6 / 113 / 2,684 yd

1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     Hole  

4     5     4     3     5     4     3     4     4     Par

-      -      -    +3     -    +2   +1    -    +4     Score to par  (+10, +9 with ESC)

N    N            G            G    N            GIR (G for GIR, N for nGIR)

1     1     1     2     2     1      3    1     2      Putts

P            P                           Penalties

Such a weird round. I switched swing instructors which I was really happy with but we've only had 1 lesson so far. Made a LOT of changes to my swing. But I'm okay with that. During this round (about a week later) I obviously scrambled and for the most part putted extremely well. I missed a 2 ft putt on #7 but that was fine considering I was putting much better than my average (# putts per total putting length) overall. #4 was an unusual blowup hole. With my swing changes I was more opt to top the ball but I had a teed up 8i and still straight topped it (bad) into the water which is strange considering it was teed up. Then decided rather than going to the drop zone to just take my penalty at the tee box. Hit it again a little open and it sailed right and short of the green. Such a weird hit. It's an easy green to hit. Then chunked my PW short chip, put it up there next and then 2 putted. Dumb hole. #6 I put my SECOND shot in the water which is more typically a tee-shot-in-the-water hole challenge. Took my penalty and hit a fat sand wedge short of the green from 53 yd (doh). #9 is where I really blew up. Like.... really blew up. I hit an atypical bad right to left shot (unusual for me) 177 yd well into the left rough, granted it was into the wind so that was part of the reason. Obviously a miss hit though. Had a 7i left into the green still though (short hole) and chunked it yet AGAIN left, right under a tree. I had to punch a 4H to clear it and took a little risk still... but it hit the branch and punched down. Then chunked a PW chip into the green front side bunker. Got it out of the sand okay from there. Bad bad bad.

If only my bad shots wouldn't go into the water and I wouldn't freak out on #9 :) I really don't FEEL like I have a bad head game (water, good scoring round going into #9) but this round clearly tells me otherwise. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

My son and I played the front 9 of Needwood GC (67.6/109), one of the county courses we play regularly.  I shot a 40, the best 9 I've shot in a long time.  I hit 6 greens resulting in 6 pars, which I've never done before.

My son played pretty well too, shooting a 52.  And he played from the whites, since those were the only marked tees.  He normally plays from the red tees.

Here's the card:

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/59-32782628-32782700

Edited by davechen
added link

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

• Administrator

72! Who cares about the score (it was windy as heck), I played golf! In February! In PA!

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

39-38-77

Man the weather was awesome yesterday.  Mid-60's again today and tomorrow, sweet!  Will get some golf in after work for a couple of days before the temperatures head south again for a few days.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Sunday at Kittyhawk GC (Eagle course)

With a lot of rust and a lot of wind, I didn't bother trying to keep score. By the end of the round, my fairway woods were starting to look half decent. It felt like a small step forward.

The other really notable thing about this round is that I didn't lose a single golf ball. That's happened on easier, less-hazardous courses, but a first for the nasty old Eagle.

Played Desert Island Country Club and shot 87... I felt like it was actually a pretty good round and felt like things were finally starting to click for me again. Still had three 7s on the card which is horrible, but I played the four par 3s at +1, which I am very happy with.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

First round of the year at my home club, shot a Jekyll and Hyde 38-45-83.  Greens are slow and bumpy, I may have had 5 three-putts.  Also managed a lovely double-triple-double stretch on the back nine.  On the other hand, I hit a reasonable number of good shots and putts along the way.  Just need the chance to practice a little, and things will be in good shape.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Springfield G&CC

Blue Tees

36-34-70

lowest round at Springfield, needed par on last hole to shot 69. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot 89 yesterday.   Started the round bogey, double bogey, triple bogey, double bogey.   I was pulling my tee shots way left, usually into the woods. 

But I didn't let it get me down, because it was a really nice day.   And, yanking my tee shots into the woods on the left is pretty easily fixed.  I'm sure it was just a one time glitch.  Probably coming over the top plus closing the clubface. 

I had one good hole, a par 5, where I hit driver, 5 wood, and had a 30 foot eagle putt, which I missed, but at least I converted the birdie. 

Actually, even though it was my highest round of the last few months, I feel pretty good about my game.   It was just yanking my tee shots into the woods on the front 9 that killed my score. 

Shot 2 over 36 today, while hitting 4 of 9 greens and 3 of 6 fairways. Winds were around 20-30 mph so that was getting in my head, but my putting and short game keep bailing me out. Nearly aced the first par 3 of the day!

Austin Sachs - Mid-level Amateur in the Eastern United States

WITB: Titleist 915 D3, Cleveland 588 3 Wood, Nike Covert Tour Hybrid, Mizuno MP-4 4-PW, Mizuno MP-T4 52, 56, 60 degree, Taylormade White Smoke Putter

93 at Riverwalk in San Diego. 3 putted a lot, greens were much faster than the usual courses I play, couldn't get a handle on them till late. That and I was rolling my wrists too much for some reason, pulled a lot of shots

Shot 78. 39 39, played the front twice at Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club in San Diego. The greens were punched and sanded so putting was a crap shoot, but drove the ball well and that led to a great score. After about a 5 year break from the game, it's super exciting to get back out there and start playing consistently again even though my game still feels pretty inconsistent. 

Shot a 7 over 76 which is great for me and the 13 I carry around. Long game was spotty at best today which I was able to save with my short game. Chip in par and a handful that ended up as tap ins. Only managed 6 greens and ended with 27 putts. This was my first time tracking putts but I felt that was a great number. This year has gotten off to a good start and am excited to see how it unfolds.