IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

A couple harder courses this weekend - penalties came into play.  Really windy both days and they played havoc on the back nine on Friday (20-30 mph).  But on Friday those winds let me hit some goofy long drives too.  The kind of drives that kids claim they hit all the time on golf discussion forums.  First time at Legends on Friday.  It's a new "top 10" course in my list of ones I've played so far (but way too expensive to play during the normal season).  Just a good couple of days altogether.  Both of these courses are a couple of my favorites.  Without the winds, I think I'd have been able to go really low on both days.  Loggers on Saturday (17 is a par 3, the summary from my handicap site is wrong).

The things I worked on this winter are REALLY paying off (straighter spine, shorter back swing) - I'm making really nice contact to the point where I need to go reassess my shot distances.  And I'm making good contact a LOT higher percentage of the time.  Swing thoughts are down to just the bare minimums (one or two at the most at any time).  Very jazzed about this coming season.

I really need to clean up my short game.  I'm not taking advantage of my improved striking.  Missing too many birdie puts.MWSnap 2016-04-18, 09_32_04.jpgMWSnap 2016-04-18, 09_31_48.jpg

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First round of the season, shot an 84 at a new par 63 course in my area.

My friend and I decided to make it a competitive match. Long story short, he was beating me by five shots after the front nine (by seven shots after 13 holes). I then went +1 for the last five holes (my partner had a Speith-like collapse during this point) and I managed to beat him by one shot after parring the final par 5 18th hole. I was pretty proud of myself for staging a comeback and was impressed with how I was swinging things on the back nine.

Hopefully it's a sign for the rest of the season!

Edited by Uncle Peter

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

First day in the 80s and shot 1 over, 35. Hit 6 of 9 greens in regulation with 2 of 7 fairways (misses were in the right places). On the only par 5 on the front hit my best drive of the day and then nearly drove the green in two, but got up and down for birdie. Now to translate this play to competition. 

Austin Sachs - Mid-level Amateur in the Eastern United States

WITB: Titleist 915 D3, Cleveland 588 3 Wood, Nike Covert Tour Hybrid, Mizuno MP-4 4-PW, Mizuno MP-T4 52, 56, 60 degree, Taylormade White Smoke Putter

39-41-80 SGCC Blue Tees

3 doubles (all three putt doubles) and 2 birdies.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Saturday, we had our yearly ABCD scramble.  I drove the ball great, hooked almost every iron (including wedges), we never hit a ball close, and our team finished dead last.  Sunday, after a slight adjustment to my set up, I still drove the ball well, hit many better irons, made a couple of ridiculous putts and chipped in once, and shot 77.  Maybe i can play this game after all.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Welp I completely fell apart today. Started strong with a birdie then a par and then I pushed a drive right into a tree and it dropped to water. I elected to play from the tee for three then ended up with an 8 after some pretty horrid approach shots. I was pushing everything to the right today and when I say right I mean straight right probably 45° or more of where I was aiming. I finished with a 91. 

Could I have taken mulligans on my errant tee shots? Yes, but I hate when people do that and I've never done that. It was a 91 and a depressing one at that.

Last week I shot a +4 40 on 9 and this week I shot a +19 91. Oops.

played nine today with a 7 club bag because I was.feeling the yippes forming in my normal carry. Took my driver, 19* hybrid, 4 iron, 7iron,52* and 58*, shot a 44. The yippes are all coming from my short irons which is why I only took the 7 and i hooked/ drawed all my shots with it. I am coming off a year of slices so i am having trouble with the adjustment. I suppose ill get over it because my driver has been dead on accurate which i am happy about. My game golf just came in today so can't wait to post my rounds.

Played 9 yesterday afternoon for my first time out this year. Shot 43 on a par 36. Pretty happy with most of my game. The driver and irons were decent, but putting was a challenge.

Yesterday's round was one of those humbling rounds I get every once in a while. 

For the past few weeks I have been playing a little better than average (for me) while hovering in 78-81 range. 

Yesterday I shot an 87. Had 3 shanks, and two really bad fat shots. The fatties hurt my score the worst. The shanks, I was able to find my ball, and continue on. None of these shots happened back to back, and all were with one of my wedges. 

Still had a good time, with good friends. Weather was in the low 90s, and calm. Most likely I will be going back out this afternoon. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Nice round (for me), 41-40-81.

Got off to a bad start with double bogey on the first two holes but I righted the ship with two solid pars on 3 and 4 and birdied 5. Another bad double to start the back nine (three putt) but then made three pars in a row. Not letting a bad hole get me down, something new and different for me. 

Bill M

I have been in a bit of a slump, if being in a slump this early in the season is permitted.  I played a local course today, Lake Forest.  We had rain and thunderstorms yesterday and last night so the course was wet and played long.  I was not expecting much but somehow holed out two fairway shots for eagle and posted a 2.3 differential today.  Needless to say, this is my first round with multiple eagles.  Tossed in a couple birdies, too.  And bought a lottery ticket on the way home!  ;-)

Brian Kuehn

In my quest to go from handicap 28.2 now to (below) 24 this season, I bought myself a new iron set yesterday. Cobra Max, slightly shortenend for me and a flexible shaft. In the fitting I consistantly shot 10-15% further compared to my old set, combinend with a better accuracy. Beside the fact that the set is looking pretty cool I hope it will improve my scores as well. Next Saturday I will play a round on a nice but difficult forest course.

~Jorrit

Started early today around 6:00 am and couldn't hit the driver or any other club if my life depended on it.  Well, the pitching and putting wasn't bad, but was able to hack my way to a 95 or 96 I don't remember.  

Then we decided to share a bucket because I wanted to figure out why I can't the driver and strangely enough I pretty much crushed every drive I took down the middl.  Got excited and said lets play another 18.

I wish I didn't.  Hacked around to an odd 107, the worst score in the past 6 months.  The one thing I was able to change about my golf game is my putting.. Too bad that this alone doesn't help lower my score at all!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Shot 76

Had 66% GIR. Started out like a normal round on the front, but just sort of blanked out on the back, and started playing really focused. It was relaxing, but just surreal hitting the ball that many times without any bad errors. Had a few squirrely shots here and there, just nothing big. Made 3 bogeys, 2 pars, and 4 birdies on the back 9.

Kind of don't know what to do with myself. Golf is awesome.

Best post injury golf yet. High wind, a little rain and a bad start. Short game is rusty I 3 putted one and two after really good ball striking. Standing plus 3 on the third tee I gutted up and hit a fine shot on a 179 yd par 3.A much needed par.

Bam solid ball striking got me back in it played 3-9 even, two bogeys and two birds for 39. Wind blew me off the course at that point not willing to go through that mess. 

Dave :-)

91 total 45/46 69.8/119... Actually should have been a lot better but I blew up on the first hole after the turn, 9 on a par 4. Bad drive into adjacent fairway and I started rushing because people were waiting on the tee then the I saw the people behind us start teeing off. Was totally my fault for letting it get in my head. Overall, I was pretty happy otherwise except for my struggles with the driver.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

80* 39-41 on the front x2 in 18-25 mph wind. Toughest conditions I've faced since I started. Learning a lot about my game but dang I am ready for summer golf. Wind makes me focus I visualize every shot. No waste no risky choices just see it and attempt to do it. 

Killing me is 3 putts, 4 in 27 holes. My distance control is whacked. But my proximity is funny due to wind, all shots into green are being blown around. That my ball striking is decent enough to somewhat plan is encouraging. 

Dave :-)