IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

On Saturday i played My club's championship Semifinal against a 7 index. ( me at 2 ). Lost first hole but then started to play preatty good till 8th hole were I miss the green long ending with a double bogey to loose another hole, either way i was 2 UP. 

A lot of par's after that to win 13th and 14th to get 4 UP and 4 to play. Leave myself 2 putts from 7 feet to win the match on 15th. Birdied 16th just for practice and we walked to the clubhouse.

Shoot 1 over. My longest putt made was from 4 feet :(

On Sunday the grand 36 holes Final was suspended because of electric storms. We will been playing it next saturday. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

On what might have been the last round of the year I threw down a nice 88.  I know I could have shave at least 3 shots off that as I had 3 putts that stopped 2" away from the hole that should have been in.  I cant complain for fall golf in NE.

40-43-83

Not a bad score on the face of it, but I judge a lot of my scores around whether I think I could have done better or worse. Saturday's 83 was probably about the best I was going to do because I generally drove it poorly and hit few greens, but I putted lights out. Didn't 3-putt once and made at least 4 putts in the 15 foot range, one for birdie.

79 or a differential of 7.0 if we were still in season.  Great weather today and tomorrow will end with the weekend,

Made a nice recovery shot from the rough with a downhill lie, trees branches blocking a higher shot and also had to clear a water hazard. Punch faded a 6-iron under the tree limbs and over the hazard, ran up the fairway a bit and on to the green.  Rolled in a 15 footer for birdie and the 79. Sometimes even I can hit the shot required,

Played at a new course today. Tee boxes and fairways not in the best condition but I'm guessing that's because of the season and how late it is here in Indiana (36 degrees today) but the greens were real nice!

shot a 71 (par 68) which is my best score relative to par ever. Drove the ball well, irons were really good for the most part and I putt well. I'll def play here again. Great course to practice in. Dog legs left and rights for the tee shots. I flirted w shooting par but really have it away at the end. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, dsal89 said:

Played at a new course today. Tee boxes and fairways not in the best condition but I'm guessing that's because of the season and how late it is here in Indiana (36 degrees today) but the greens were real nice!

shot a 71 (par 68) which is my best score relative to par ever. Drove the ball well, irons were really good for the most part and I putt well. I'll def play here again. Great course to practice in. Dog legs left and rights for the tee shots. I flirted w shooting par but really have it away at the end. 

Impressive !! especially on a new course, way to go. 71 is just a dream to me, thats awesome. When you go back a second time and are more familiar i bet Par is in the bag. Good luck and nice round !

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

Impressive !! especially on a new course, way to go. 71 is just a dream to me, thats awesome. When you go back a second time and are more familiar i bet Par is in the bag. Good luck and nice round !

Thanks! I've shot in the 70s a few times this year and they all seem to just happen and everything just clicks. I've also shot a 91 this year. Most of my issue come from how well I drive that day. I've been horrible at extending my arms and rolling the wrists and usually stay tucked and slice the ball or just smother it and pull it. 

I only get to play 2 times a month now so I had a lot of reflection and watch a lot of videos and took a few practice swings throughout my off time and it helped. I was able to shape it a bit both ways which was great too. 

And my 71 is really just a 75 at a normal sized course and I'm sure that is more than a dream for you! After I broke 90 good scores seemed to pour in. It'll happen to you 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dsal89 said:

Thanks! I've shot in the 70s a few times this year and they all seem to just happen and everything just clicks. I've also shot a 91 this year. Most of my issue come from how well I drive that day. I've been horrible at extending my arms and rolling the wrists and usually stay tucked and slice the ball or just smother it and pull it. 

I only get to play 2 times a month now so I had a lot of reflection and watch a lot of videos and took a few practice swings throughout my off time and it helped. I was able to shape it a bit both ways which was great too. 

And my 71 is really just a 75 at a normal sized course and I'm sure that is more than a dream for you! After I broke 90 good scores seemed to pour in. It'll happen to you 

Im shooting in the mid 80's on a good day. Breaking 80 is my next goal and im focused on it for sure. The 2017 goals thread opens in a day or two and im gonna document my commitment so to speak. Look forward to seeing what everybody is shooting for. 79 for me and PAR for you, haha. Lets make it happen !!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Strat-Pack said:

Im shooting in the mid 80's on a good day. Breaking 80 is my next goal and im focused on it for sure. The 2017 goals thread opens in a day or two and im gonna document my commitment so to speak. Look forward to seeing what everybody is shooting for. 79 for me and PAR for you, haha. Lets make it happen !!

Love the positivity! 

40-40-80

A record occurrence for me in this round: I birdied all the par 3's! That's pretty difficult at my club because one of the par 3's is a 238 yard hole, but that was the closest shot I hit, to about 3 feet. It is also the first time I made four birdies without breaking 80. Didn't miss greens by much but too many failed attempts on easy up and downs.

34/37=71 (1 under / rating 71,2). Really good start, 3 under thru 8 failing to sink a 6 footer for eagle on 4th. Bogey 9th and OB double bogey 10th. Birdied the 17th. 14 GIR. 

3rd time i broke par this year. hope next year this rounds comes more often.