IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played tough course in freezing cold. Front nine was sloppy around the green and approach shots, as well as a couple of penalties. Out at 48 on par 35

On back nine, started to warm up weather wise and my game too. Hit 7/8 fairways and two GIR even tho playing in very windy conditions. In at 40 on par 36.

Overall, good round with strong driving (10/14 FWs), only fair approaches (3 GIRs) and strong putting (29 total). Swing practice definitely helping.

48-40=88 or +17

• Upvote 2

Nice round !!  Its good when the feeling comes back into your fingers on the back 9. Been there , geeze.

• Upvote 1

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

Nice round !!  Its good when the feeling comes back into your fingers on the back 9. Been there , geeze.

Thks. It certainly is!

I played a cold and a little wet 9 holes yesterday at my home course.  The ground was pretty hard as evidence by my first drive getting 40 yards of roll... and when I hit the green then ping! the ball would not stay on and into the sand.  Took a bogey there, and bogeyed 2, 4, 5. Had par on number 3.

Then comes hole 6.  Short par 4 dogleg left, 310 yards as the crow flies.  Off the tee there are woods right and left.  Normally I hit 3hybrid off the tee and could probably get away with 5 iron but I try to balance safe with distance.  So what do I do?  I hit 3 wood because I'm telling myself it's cold and I want to practice this shot (high draw,good shot gets me to about 100 yards out)  I hit the 3 wood hard into the woods on the right. Lost ball. triple bogey! I guess I learned I won't be hitting 3 wood on that hole during rounds I post...( I'm actually thinking now I might experiment with iron off the tee there)

Then I doubled the par 5 7th hole then a 3 on par 3 8th, and a bogey on 9. 46 was my score. So how to get rid of bad holes? obviously club down when the risk is not worth the reward.  Overall good to get out, I'm really trying to learn something with every round.

Casey

The Friday round,41/40=81 had one of those days where putts would not drop left 5 with like 1inch tap in's. Off tee and approach shots well pleased with. One thing reading "what you shoot today" most people playing in cold conditions at present, at least with my location is a nice 24c temp most of the round getting a little hot last few holes.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

70 Degree weather yesterday.  :-D

40-39-79 Played OK, but just swinging the clubs on January 12th was awesome. 

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Another nice day out, even though it was only ho wrong around 48 degrees.

40-38-78 no birdies today couldn't make a putt to save my life unless it was for par.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Another nice day, 47 and sunny.

35-41-76 1 birdie 

we do have three temporary greens which skew the score a little but hit he ball pretty well for most of he day.

-Jerry

Played on the weekend. 

79 first round, a double on par 3 8th make me fiurius, and can`t focus again. Have to work on that. 

72 second round, 2 under thru 7, another double on 8th ! tham!!!! On the 9th green the play was delayed for 1 hour because of an electric storm. At the restart it was still rainning and keep rainning the rest of the round. 3 putted 9 for bogey. And managed to shoot 1 under in the back. 

With this last round my handicap will drop to 0 next month :D for the first time in my life. 

Kittyhawk, Eagle Course Dayton OH

53-46-99

As marginal as it gets weather wise, but it was my first chance to swing a golf club in two or three weeks (I can't actually remember). It was about 35 degrees, but the floor was ok and there was no real wind. The front nine looked like Day One stuff. Absolutely terrible with the big clubs. Drowned three before the turn. Picked up a bit on the back, birdied No. 17 with a 40-foot putt and was pleased to keep it under triples.

Played this one by the book, so you gotta keep expectations reasonable at this time of year.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful day yesterday 75*. Shot a 92 on the ross course at my home club. Played pretty poorly until the last 4 holes as I went par, par, par, birdie. 

Played in the cold yesterday, about 41 degrees.  

Started Bogey, Bogey, Double and finished:

40-38-78 One birdie, two three putts

Played pretty well for the most part.  (played our back 9 twice as the front will continue to have three temporary greens until spring.)

-Jerry

A new to me guy is down here, visiting from Idaho. Apparently they are having a worse than brutal winter up there. He came down here to warm up. After talking with him we found we are both avid golfers, with pretty much the same type of scoring game. 

We played Monday, and Tuesday. I carded an 80, and an 82. Bogies and pars, which is pretty normal for me. Made some good putts, including a long range torpedo that earned me that 80. I am 3 strokes a head of the competition, and enjoying the free lunches. 

We are taking today off, but he wants to play Thursday, and Friday before continuing on his southern journey to warmer weather. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Went 6 over on 8 holes yesterday after work. My first time walking and I had the course all to myself. I played 1-4 (downhill) and then skipped to 15-18, which let me cut up the middle of the course (and hill) to get back to the clubhouse.

I had a bogey on 18 (long, uphill par 5), but I think I played a few different balls. I found balls in the fairway and just off the green, about where I figured my shots should have ended up...but it was dark by then and I just didn't bother checking them to make sure they were mine. :whistle:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

A new to me guy is down here, visiting from Idaho. Apparently they are having a worse than brutal winter up there. He came down here to warm up. After talking with him we found we are both avid golfers, with pretty much the same type of scoring game. 

We played Monday, and Tuesday. I carded an 80, and an 82. Bogies and pars, which is pretty normal for me. Made some good putts, including a long range torpedo that earned me that 80. I am 3 strokes a head of the competition, and enjoying the free lunches. 

We are taking today off, but he wants to play Thursday, and Friday before continuing on his southern journey to warmer weather. 

In My Bag:

83. Definitely one of my best. Met 3 retirees today, and had a great time. The best part was that I carried over some of the feels from my recent lessons and range work. That's unusual!!! I could actually remember the feel of what I was working on, and it mostly felt comfortable. For the most part, I was advancing the ball somewhere near the green in regulation. I haven't studied the stats yet, but I felt like I was getting the ball up and down a lot! Hit more than my usual number of knee-knocker putts, it seemed (4/5/6 footers).

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randallt/round/1303611

• Upvote 3

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Played again today with my new found golf buddy down here from the frozen north. We played in pretty wet conditions with intermittent rain showers.  Luckily this storm did not have any lightening or thunder associated with it. 

I shot an 88 for my troubles. Used my 7W, and 5W a lot, where I would normally use an iron. With the wet/muddy conditions, I did not want to deal with any fat shots. Just choked down, and abbreviated my swing as needed for the shot at hand. 

My putting (38) was off today. Left more than a few short. The rooster tails looked petty cool though.

My opponent beat me by three strokes, so I had to buy lunch. Took him to Roberto's Taco Shop since he would not agree to the 7-11 Hot Dog and Soda, $2.99 special. 

We play again tomorrow. Rain is still in the forcast. Might take a heavier putter with me this time around. 

In My Bag:

Walked 9 this evening after work. Shot 8 over with 2 pars. Almost made the birdie putts on both. I played 18 in the dark again. Bogeyed the hole, but with only one ball this time. Kept finding it in the middle of the fairway on the way back to the clubhouse, so I hit it again until I got to the green. Turns out it's pretty hard to putt in the dark, though. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)