IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Home course shot 79, blew out with a triple bogie on 16th then finished par, birdie so was happy with finish to have good score with only one bad hole.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Well. Played at the Clubhouse in downtown São Paulo, 18 holes at the St Andrews Old Course. Good fun, not trouble with pot hole bunkers and drive was better than normal 220-230 yards. 

That said, had trouble finding greens and short game was very challenging as I had to learn machine. Finished 25 over par

great fun playing in Scotland with a bar close by and no rain or wind

Highly recommended!

Edited by Mico
Add photo

Decided to play the Gold Tees (Our Back Tees) today, as I've been asked to play on the Inter-club A-team.  Hadn't played there in a while, as everyone I play with plays from the Blue Tees. So wanted to get a little practice playing further back.  Worked out well, hit the ball really well.

38-36-74 4 bogeys, 1 birdie

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a round today at Royal Lakes Golf Club, a course I hadn't played before despite it being only 15 miles from my house as the crow flies. (I had to drive around a large lake to get there; that's mostly why I hadn't.) Shot a 93, but that could have been well under 90 if not for two balls that went out of bounds during the round. More importantly, I seem to have regained the ability to hit a driver without smothering it; fairway wood, not so much. Iron play is still inconsistent, but bits and pieces of the right feel are starting to sprinkle into my game.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Shot a 77 yesterday. Was 5 over on the front, but had 3 birdie putts that lipped out so I felt like I was still in it. Started the 10th hole out with a 310 yard drive(!), and made birdie on the subsequent par 3 with a PW stuck 4ft from the hole.

Things got interesting on the 13th hole when I was running off to pee, I snapped my ankle in a hidden pothole on the back of the tee box. Panicked at first as I heard a pop, took a 10 min break, and just used my putter as a cane for the rest of the round. Would say I'm die hard, but might just nuts.

Shot even on the back overall, and had an awesome sense of accomplishment. Going to work today was a bit embarrassing, but it was worth it.

I thought I already posted this, but I guess not because I don't see it!! LOL.    I went cold turkey (quit playing) the first week of september through mid FEB because of my sons activities, but over the past few weeks we have had some nice weather in KC and I am getting the golf itch back. 

I've logged 5-7 rounds so far and didn't even bother to keep score.  I was just happy to be outplaying and hitting golf balls.  GHIN was finally activated in my part of the country March 1st....and it was 75 degrees Saturday with blustery winds.....(the wind was insane....I won't venture to say what it was because everybody always exaggerates how hard the wind blows..LOL)  Once GHIN is turned on, I post all my scores. 

My first official round of 2017:    72.5CR/137slope/ 6,565yds..........43-38=81

I made 3 bonehead doubles early....mostly winter rust bad shots due to a couple "foul balls" and a flubbed pitch.    Overall....I played much better than expected for the other 15 holes playing them in +3 in a ridiculous wind condition.  I know it's early, but the conditions were really tough and I saw enough good to make me feel optimistic for the new year.  

Golf On!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

69, +3 round home course. Course is mostly on full greens bar a few on temporary greens due to usual wet and windy conditions in Scotland! Happy with my round though. Out in 3 over, hit drive OB on 2nd hole but recovered well to make a 5. Back in level par, including a few birdies. Season starts in 3 weeks, hopefully weather improves and I can get in a few more reps before the start of the season. Happy with my game at the moment considering I haven't played as much as I would like over the winter.

47-47=94

hit 7/13 fairways with longer drives--abs was 210, 14 yards longer than normal

felt lag practice pay off in shots off tee

hit only 4/18 GIRs

short game was terrible. 

72.  The day started with snow...in NC...in March.  It actually warmed up quickly and got up over 50 with lots of sun and little wind.  Played well and hit it great off the tee on the last 10 holes.  

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Probably last day of golf for several days.  Got in 18 in under 2 hours, hardly anyone on the course.

Played back tees again today, was trying to get ready for the first A-Team match, not sure the weather will cooperate.

4 over after first three, bogey, double, bogey start, but only made 3 bogeys the rest for the way and added two birdies.

So 41-37-78 One double, two birdies

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played Carmel Mtn Ranch today. Shot 85 from the whites. It's short from those tees but it plays longer, 1,2 and 10 play downhill then most of the rest play uphill. Greens had been aerified a week ago but were manageable, they usually roll quite fast compared to other courses. Most parts of my game were there, was pushing my drives a bit today. Great day, bumped 90 degrees, sorry north east coasters:banana:

Another one those days, was playing well, then put 2 in the water on the 17th par 3 finished with a 8 :pound:, then par the last to have a 87. Seem lately I have one bad hole each round which is annoying when you play well rest of the holes.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Nice breezy mid-40's today, had to get a round in.

38-41-79 with 2 doubles (ugh) and 2 three putts (double ugh).  Played great except for the 2 back-to-back doubles on 11 & 12, buried my shot into the lip of the sand trap and couldn't get up and down to save bogey after barely getting it out of the trap.  And then a bad drive cost me another double.  

-Jerry

45-47 on my home course for a 92. Played the back nine first and would have broke 90 if not for a triple bogie  triple bogie finish on 17 and 18.  Gives me hope that I'll break 90 this year.

Played Boulder Oaks in Escondido for the firsttime today. Pretty foggy for 3/4 of the round today in addition to that aerification was going on. Managed to shoot a personal best of 77 from the back tees, 5700 yards. Yes ,a tad shorter than I normally play but it's narrow. If your 4' off the fairway your in waste areas. Had 4 birdies. The new irons, mizuno hot metal, were good to me. All in all a good morning.