IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Another good round yesterday.  Played a match against one of our better young players at the club.  Played $5 Nassau and ended tied.

He shot 35-38-73 and I came in a 37-38-75, both had 3 birdies.  He gave me a stroke a side.  Guy hits it 40-50 yards past me consistently and if not for a three putt on 9, I'd have won the front, back and overall instead of a tie.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

43+41 = 84

practice definitely generating more consistent ball striking, although sometimes get feeling of cutting across ball instead solid strike

Hit 8/11 fairways, 3 GIRs and 5 saves. Played well, but not great. Short game did not come through

After 3 weeks laid up due to knee sprain I had a surprising good round shot 78 on par 70, but there was like 8 chances to make birdie but miss all,so I left a few putts out there. Happy to get out and swing a club.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Played out B-Team Inter-club match versus the previous years Champions, Chantilly Golf & CC, we came away with a win.  Our teams were +5 at home and -3 on the road, so a good win, but it was tough.

I shot 37-36-73, 2 birdies, 4 bogeys.

Even though I played well, we only won by +1 over the 18.  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Didn't strike the ball all that well today but shot a decent 42-38 = 80 at Elizabeth Manor today. Putted better finally.

Also shot 39 on back 9 Thursday 04/20, and 39 on front 9 on Friday 04/21.

Fairly unspectacular in general.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

My best round of the year to date from the Men's Blue tees with a 78.
Almost had an Ace, 3 feet just below the hole and almost holed an 8 iron which hit a foot in front of the hole and spun back. Tapped in the putt.
Three birdies along with a couple of long bombs to save pars made my day.  :-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Incredible early morning tee at Diani Leisure Club on the Kenyan Coast. Managed to sneak in 9 holes whilst my better half was sleeping off a hangover! 

Shot 45 (9+) which I am delighted with as I was renting clubs which were a bit hit and miss - Very slow greens due the lack of rain out here but putting was surprisingly one of my strongest parts of the round. 

Finished at 9.30am and it was already 27C with really high humidity! 

Was great to be out surrounded by the most beautiful Flaura and Fauna. 

Golf in Kenya is fantastic when it is right! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Club Rat said:

My best round of the year to date from the Men's Blue tees with a 78.
Almost had an Ace, 3 feet just below the hole and almost holed an 8 iron which hit a foot in front of the hole and spun back. Tapped in the putt.
Three birdies along with a couple of long bombs to save pars made my day.  :-)

Nice round!  :beer:

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Mid-Am at Newman Golf. 6900 yards, par 73, rating 72,7.
Shoot 77(+4),78(+5) = 155(+9)

Tied for 20th place. Winner at 143 (-3).

Missed my objetive to avoid double bogey or more. Made a triple on 3rd hole on the first round and a double on 6th for the second round. 

Well...  It was a nice weekend, so I finally got out to the course.  

Played a little course called Boulder Pointe, south of the cities.   It was my first time out on the course, but I have spent a ton of time in the range and such.   

Unsurprisingly, my ball striking off flat ground was excellent.  Unsurprisingly, My course management, Short game, putting, balls hit from the rough or side-hill lies, and general aversion to dumb mistakes were all terrible.  

Shot a 92.  but, given that My drives and irons, for the most part were quite excellent, this round had the potential to be more like an 82.  

had 4 3 putts, got stuck in a bunker once, had a really weird unplayable lie stuck under the lip of a greenside bunker --which, like a dummy, I tried to play. took a swing and jammed it in there further.--   so after that fiasco, I took a drop, now hitting 5 on a par 3, was frustrated and chunked my chip just barely on the green, then three putted for a 8.   so...   that was nice.  

basically, I just made all of the dumb mistakes that a person that hasn't been on a golf course in 6 months would make.   first rd. of the year, though, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.   live and learn.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

I played on Friday late afternoon and Sunday because the wife is a way for a few days..so I tried to get in a couple of rounds. 

I shot a 91 on Friday, I started with a few pars and a couple of bogeys until I got a triple of bogey on a par 5! follow by a double on a par 4. I sliced my driver, tried the miracle shot and bladed my 58 degree wedge over the green....just like that I added 5 strokes in 2 holes. On the back nine I wasn't able to make pars because i lost confidence in my driver.   

I went to the range on Saturday to work on my driver and I was able to find that I wasn't making a big enough back turn and I wasn't letting go at the bottom. 

I figured I would have a better round on Sunday. Again I started Sunday's round with a couple of pars and a couple of bogeys until I got to a 205 yrds par 3. I usually hit a high five wood on that hole. I was not comfortable with the set up and right before making the swing a cart decided to drive by as if I did not exist..I pulled hook my shot OB so hard I had to hit another one from the tee....I was fuming, rushing to get it on the fairway i hit again and I pulled it OB again!...that destroyed my attitude and I could not keep my head in the round..as it relates to score my round was over in the fifth hole. I decided to make it a practice round and focus and make as many good swings as possible. 

49 holes Fri and Sat.  (Fri played the back 9 twice in addition to 10-13 as an extra loop)

2 complete rounds though at a couple courses I like.  76 and 80.  Friday play was really good - except, strangely enough, 10-13 (all three times.... just would hit good drives and choke on the rest).

Bill - 

Finally played my first full 18 hole round this year and shot 79 on my home course. One birdie, couple doubles. Couple chunked pitches and couple pulled tee shots cost me. Just aerated so putting was basically aim and hit it hard and hope for best. All in all, not terrible but need to get out and play more now. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I finally held it together and completed a good round.   72.5CR  137slope....6564yds     Par is 72::  37-36=73

I've been showing signs as of late, but 2-3 bad swings per round seem to cost me 4-5 strokes!  LOL  Not today!! I made 4 bogeys.......2 were three putts from long range.  The other 2 were after missing the green....chipping reasonably well, but missing putts from about 5 feet.   Overall......very happy with the tee to green play.   I made 1 eagle (my first of 2017) and 1 birdie....that helps!!!

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

85 :( 

I played this course before (river pointe country club) when it was wet and didn't think much of the undulations in the green because they were so slow. Layout was beautiful on 2/3 of the 27 holes with 2 par 3s that remind me a lot of 12 at Augusta to a small extent. 

Anyways, I played their again yesterday and these greens were fast and very punishing and really made me realize I'm not as good as I was. These greens were very similar (I assume) to what I watch on tv and I loved it. I had 34 putts which was terrible but I just had a hard time trusting a shorter stroke. I am more proud of this 85 that I am of the 75s I've shot this year so far. Super fun stuff and I am pretty much only going to play they this year. 

That said, chipping was ok and pitching was ok. The tp5 ball I am def switching too. I drove the ball extrmely well due to a slight change but this ball seemed to give a bit added distance. Only downside (which I attribute more to fast greens than the ball after just one round) I got no bite really on shots out of the rough, but out of the fairway I was able to generate a lot of spin with my wedges. Even flew a green on my second shot of a 530 yard par 5. 

My my score doesn't really show how well I think I played but given the greens and layout of the course, I am super happy after having a fag to think about it. Can't wait to break 80 on the course. 

42-53-95

Majestic Springs GC

It was going so well ... then boom. Third full round with the new interlocking grip and stuff just fell apart on the second nine. Current theory is that if I don't get my weight forward with my new grip, it gets bad fast. 

Two holes in particular did me. Had an eight and two holes later a 10. Jungle grass roughs don't work with sloppy.

39/43/82, with 30 putts. Probably too many beverages taking effect on the back 9. Enough said......:-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: