IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41-40 = 81 at E Manor. 1 bird, 7 pars, 8 bogs and 2 DBs(par 70). Both DBs occurred from nGIRs with flubbed chips. Building some confidence with driver and irons still saving my bacon for most parts. Putting finally getting better with a renewed resolve to use AP Express more.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41-43 from the whites.  I'm starting to play pretty decent for me,  so its time to move to the blues.  I was 260 off the tee which left me under 100 on my 2nd shots.  Not as much fun imo.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

35 on an easy par 27 exec.  wow my short game was crap.  Nice weather though

Bill - 

Shot 90. Had a 355 yard drive which was cool. Hit a few OOB at the start.

Oddly enough I was hitting the ball very solidly, and stupid long. Ball flight was great, direction was fine, just had very poor control of my yardages.

League night. 39 on the back nine at Cobbs Glen. 

3 bogies the rest pars. 1 bonehead club selection on #18. Failed to convert for birdie out of greenside bunkers on both par 5's.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

42 - 47 for my first round of the year. Very wet course. The second 9 was like playing on a sponge. My wrist was a bit sore the first few holes, but fine after. My bicep was fine the whole round. I iced both immediately after the round.

I felt I hit the ball pretty well considering I've only been doing mirror work and using light clubs.

Left a couple of birdie putts short. The ball had a rooster tail at times when putting! :-P

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I did it again, 35 (+3) on a Par 32 course. 5 pars, 1 birdie. 4 GIR. 

I'm getting better at this game, very rewarding :)

I shot a 76.  39 on the front 37 on the back (par 70)  Best round of the year so far...however, I went 4 over on the last 3 holes.  Not a good way to end it.  

My round scared me, frightened me, upset me but I still had fun.  We played Hunter's Ridge in Howell, MI.  It's a shorter par 71 course.   I started out on fire... Par, birdie, par, par, birdie..This scared and frightened me because it is so much better than normal.  2 under after 5 holes.     My usual game would have me about +5.    I proceed to lose focus and ended that 9 with a score of 42!   42 is still good for me but after being 2 under and going 7 over....My game didn't get back on track until the 12th hole.    I ended up with an 87 but lost about 11 shots that should have been pretty easy to recover....My best opportunity....

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

A little windy today, but 37-38-75.  4 bogeys no birdies. 

Demoing the Callaway SubZero Epic with the Aldila Rogue Max 65-S shaft, hit it really well.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Super windy 9 - 40 yesterday. Didn't hit that great but kept ball in play and holed out couple of bombs from 20 some feet.

Vishal S.

81 with 3 doubles on the back.

Do the math...  :doh:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot a 55 from the "tips" on an easy course (only 3109 yards for the front 9).

Still struggling to hit greens - no where near where I was last year. Good contact today but dispersion was off. Even the small misses seemed costly. Lots of penalty strokes for a 9 hole round.

Have definitely gone backwards. Can't blame the injury, the arm felt great. Just a lackluster effort.... gotta get out of this funk.

Jon

48 - rough first league round of the year. I had a lot of good shots followed by bad shots or short game miscues.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I surprised myself with a 76 (4 over) on a course I've never played before. I fought off my typical stupidity until the 17th, where I tried to hit it as far as I could instead of where it was smart and made my only double. Avoiding stupidity for 16 holes may be a record for me.:-)

Charles P.

:cobra: Fly-Z, Paderson shaft. :callaway: 15o XR, steelhead XR 6-PW. :adams: 16o fairway, 3 & 4 hybrids. :titleist: Vokey 48o, 52o, & 58o.  :odyssey:Toulon San Diego AR.

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

45+50=99

I hit 6 FWs, 6 GIRs and had two birdies and needed 38 putts. Bad score, with some flashes of magic

69 - 79 at my home course this weekend. 

Really good ball striking weekend, pratice it`s paying off week after week.

Greens where full of sand because of maintenance, not practicing it made it worst. Lost a lot of shoots in the green. 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC

other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon

And the Aimpoint class with @iacas and his hurt helper @RandallT before the round and after round festivities with all plus@DaveP043 and his lovely with wife Mary Ann and @JGus, great day on the golf course.

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Upvote 5

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones