IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Finally was able to play 18 holes yesterday at Kalispel Golf and Country Club, Spokane, WA....  paying for it today and I think my sacroiliac joint is out of whack.  I played decent on the front 9 with a 42 which included a triple bogey 7 and 3 bogeys.  The triple included a double hit chip and 2 puts... I was just off the green in two and took 5 strokes to go 15 feet.  I was able to Par the next 2 holes and bogeyed the last with a greenside bunker missed sandy.  It was a hot day and I had spent 16 hours in the car driving over the weekend so I ran out of gas on the back nine.  I pared the first hole and then had 7 straight bogeys... finished with double bogey for a round 87... posted 86 due to the handicap.  I had another double hit chip on the back nine.  That shot is my nemesis right now and the one thing I've tried to eliminate from my game without success so far. 

Fairways:  5/14,  GIR:  7/18, Penalties:  2, Putts, 35 (two 3 putts, three 1 putts). 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got nine in today, shot 44, a couple over my handicap, and I wasn't happy with it.  Two doubles, two penalty strokes and a three putt.  It took me about 3 holes to figure out that my old habit of rotating along the axis of my left leg has come back, which results in a nasty hook or a slice when I try and compensate for it. *Rotate your hips, damnt!*  One penalty stroke was an errant shot that completely disappeared in a wide open area, the other was a result of the ball being 10" above my feet in the center of the fairway on a particularly asinine hole which was chunked into the water.  These blowup holes is why my index is where it is. 

88, and darn proud of it. My "A" game was MIA for some reason. It happens. Just didn't hit any really good shots today. Tomorrow is another day........

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Wasn't today, but Sunday I shot 41-41=82.  Par 72 course. Hit some really nice full shots, but some bad ones as well. Inconsistency rears it's ugly head! It was my putting that saved me. Allowed me to finish the front birdie, birdie, par with one putt apiece.

Also, at the beginning of the round I announced to my friends that since I am 64 years of age, and have lost some distance, I would be playing from the senior tees. This gave me a course with much more manageable distances rather than feeling like I had to slug my brains out all day! Plus, considering how wet it was. Hell, all the courses around here are wet!

We might get a chance to dry out if the damned rain would ever stop!

Played in our season long fourball match today.  Our second match on the way to the final 32.

We won our match 3-0 (Front/Back/Overall)

Shot 37-39-76, partner shot 41-39-80

Won Front -1 up

Won Back 3/2

Won overall 4/2

One more match to win and we're on to the final 32.

• Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

40 - started out rough but finished with 4 pars

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 5/30/2017 at 10:43 AM, lastings said:

Saturday - Deer Run in Victoria, MN.  70.6/125 - 6338 yds from the blacks.  
Sunday - Eagle Trace in Clearwater, MN. 69.6/125 - 6034 yds from the blues.  

Monday - Played Legends Golf Club in Prior Lake, MN.  72.5/137.   6702 yds  

White Bear Lake Country Club,

I need to get out west of the beltway and try new courses (I've exhausted those just east and south - and the nicer ones just north).  Deer Run was on my list, Eagle Trace is now (I like gimmicky).  Legends is one of the nicest in the area. 

Get to Chaska Town course asap if you haven't - one of the nicest 'city' courses you can ever find (Eagle Valley in Woodbury and Cumberland, WI being two others)

Let me know about White Bear - I've heard good things.

Bill - 

Shot 39-37=76 at the black tees 71.6/127

Missed 3 two footish putts during the round....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

45 - Horrible round. Both knees hurt. Wrist is better though, so I have that going for me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tough 18.  Lost match by one.  No warm up.  I do better with a warm up.  My friend dropped three birdies on me but finished quad double double and bogey.  My day was about dealing with frustration.  I counted eight wasted shots out there for me due to heavy/thin and that counts the ball I lost which was a drive straight push into water.    Should have saved par on that after my shot of the day a gorgeous hybrid from 200 over a large tree which finished four feet-missed the putt.  87.  On the back I used my driver without choking up once (first time in at least a year) and let it rip onto a firm fairway with a little downwind help and gps had it at 315 or so with the nice roll out (personal best on something pretty level) I then had a little wedge into a pin tucked front left on an elevated green with a fall off in front and hit my wedge heavy which came up short argh.

I putted well.  Made a few from that 6-10 foot range.  One three putt.  No birds for me.  Iron play was an F.

Just tried to keep grinding.  It almost worked due to my friends back nine collapse.  I'm not motivated to put in range time and have not so it could be that my time in the single digits is nearing its end.  I am not as sharp as I can be.  I am okay with it.    It was still fun but I never should have turned my friend on to Ernest Jones.  

Thursday night league and I shot a 44... Frustrating night.  I felt great when I started and pared the first two holes.   I've been having problems with my approach distances and on the first hole stuck a sand wedge to 5 feet but was above the hole with a severe right to left break and missed it on the low side.  From the third hole on it was a struggle and seemed like I was having to play out of trouble on every hole.  After starting this I reviewed my stats which gave a different story...

GIR:  5/9,  FIR:  2/7,  Putts:  20 (!).. including three 3-putts, and 1 penalty stroke (lateral water hazard).   So for Hank Haney's big 3 I had 2 doubles, 3 three putts and 1 penalty stroke. 

So, I was scrambling okay but my putting was atrocious.  Part of the reason was the course was set up with some very difficult pins and I was in the wrong place almost every time. 

I did get to use the "opposite margin" option on a lateral hazard which was very nice and made my partner's wonder what the heck I was doing. 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Stupid rain!  it only rained for about 90 minutes the entire day on Wednesday.  Of course you can guess which 90 minutes those were.  Yep.. League golf time.  And then Mother Nature reams us by having the sun come back out after everyone went home.

Edited by Zekez

Shot a 90. Not too disappointed as I had 2 really bad breaks in the sand (both near a lip, short green, and burried), and played thru 2 groups on Par 3s which of couse I felt rushed and took doubles on both. Outside of those 6 wasted shots it was a good day. New putter helped.... for the most part. Need to work on lag putts with it.

84 with a double and 10 bogies.  I don't know that I hit more than 2 shots in the center of the clubface all day, and I never made a putt over about 5 feet.

Ugh...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Catching up from a busy week a way.  Went on a short vacation and played the two courses around the resort.  First day we played the smaller par 65 course, I played from the tips, I didn't play to well, shot an awful 88 the first 18.  Most of my focus was trying to help my nephew who is just starting out.  We decided about 2 hours later to go back and play another 9, I shot a 38 (par 32).

Second day we played the tough mountain course, par 72, I shot an 80, played well and was striking the ball solidly.

Third day we played the par 65 course again, I shot a 75, a little revenge from the first day.  Still 10 over, but hit the ball much better.

Back at my home course this morning, shot an 80, with 4 3-putts, ugh! 10 GIRs, which is a good number for me, but only hit 2 fairways.  Kept tugging my driver and 3/5 woods to the left, body is soar from all the hiking and golf the past 6 days.

Gus
---------------

Shot a 44 but had some lucky breaks... which of course were offset by a few missed short putts.

It's nice shooting a low score once in a while. It's not a trend, nor did I turn corner. It was just enjoyable to hit few greens and get it close to the hole with my wedges for a change.

It was a bazaar round. The tees were mixed up because of a scramble that had just ended, so I ended up playing from a longer set of tees than I'd planned. When I arrived, a couple guys were unpacking their clubs and told me it was the scramble from hell... 7 hrs! Well, no $#!^! When you have people who don't play much teeing off from the middle tees on this course it's gonna take all day. 

I considered playing another 9 to try and break 90, but I had to get home to feed the dogs.

• Upvote 1

Jon

On Saturday morning I play with a group at Balboa Park executive nine hole course, par 32 (5 par 4s, 4 par 3s).  We play Wolf, bottom two point totals buy breakfast.  This has been going on for a couple of years and yesterday I broke my best score record...

I had one horrible fat 8 iron approach shot, and one pulled drive that ended up not too bad.  The rest of my shots were decent.  That's a really consistent round for me.  And I got a free breakfast.

Par, par, bogey, par, bogey, birdie, birdie, par, par.... An even par 32 for the round.  

I broke 90 in a big way. I'm getting back quicker than I expected. Shot 84 this morning. I traded out my 3i for a hybrid, and it made all the difference in the world. Two birdies, one on a par 4, the other on a very short Par 3 (108 yards over a pond). but I was 3 off the tee three times on three holes, but they were just bad swings. Strengthening my grip has really helped my driving, as I drove well most of the day. 

• Upvote 1