IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Country Club of Fairfax yesterday as our course was closed for an outing.

38-39-77 2 birdies and 1 double

I had forgotten how much I don't like playing this golf course.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Home course (UK). Teed off at 7.50pm and played 18 holes by myself. Finished at 9.50pm so 2 hours for full round. I love golfing in the late evenings in June. It's like a form of meditation.

I shot 76 (5 over) after being 3 over after three holes due to very bad second shots on two early par fives. Front nine was all about getting up and down. I finished the back nine with seven straight GIRs which was very pleasing. My long game is probably better than it's ever been.

Played a scramble yesterday and came in 5th out of 24 groups at -4. Played pretty well on a windy hot day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

86, and once again it's my driving that kills me. 

What's wierd is that I hit it well at the range, on the launch monitor, but on the course, it slices like a m**********r. I know it's me, not the club, but christ, this is the worst i've ever driven the ball. Thankfully my swing coach is coming out on the course with me tomorrow to see what i'm doing wrong (and bringing his GC2+HMT and tablet) off the tee. The rest of my game is very, very good considering I missed 2 full seasons of golf (I started at ~6yo, and was around scratch since I was 18 or so), but I sliced my driver on 4 holes today, wild into the woods. That's 8 shots I never should have had to make. And when I dont slice it, it's still not a good shot, leaving me in second cut with a hybrid, or the wrong side of a dogleg giving me no shot at the green. I never, ever had these problems before, and i'm very anxious to get it fixed up. I HATE it. I'm playing a round tonight with my wife, i'm not even putting the GBB in the bag. I'll use my 3w, and add my callaway ApexUT driving iron. 

I played Metamora Golf and Country Club yesterday.   If you are in the area, it is a must...

I struck the ball well but had three blow up holes that weren't pretty.   A 91, 47/44 with 1 birdie, 6 pars,  and 5 GIR with 13 nGIR.   A few silly mistakes...

Going to Garland Lodge and Golf Resort tomorrow for a three day tournament!  :dance:   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Was feeling good about my game, so I tried the BLUE tees at my old home course. Went 52-47, in a windstorm for a big fat 99. Four pars. That was pretty humbling.

36-40-76 1 birdie, 1 double

Course is rounding into shape for member-guest

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I got to play Providence Country Club in Charlotte today.  Its a very nice private course that I typically do not get a chance to play.  I have been really fighting my game for the past 6 months and have started a swing thread and trying to get my game together, but today I just went out and enjoyed a beautiful day on the course on a gorgeous piece of land.

I am a 24.7 handicap, so we weren't exactly expecting miracles out there.  Any round under 100 has been a success for me, so I was thrilled to get around this track in 101 considering the level of difficulty.

We went off on the back 9 which is the more difficult 9.  After making par on 10 and then going bogey, bogey, double I was sitting at +4 through 4 which is basically par for me (I am just trying to play bogey golf for now).  Then I had my obligatory blow up holes and threw up two straight snowmen on par 4's before settling down for the final three holes to card a 53.

My biggest issue has been my driver, and all of my blow-ups started with a disastrous drive, but I was encouraged by the progress with that club.  I made 5 straight bogeys on the back before losing the driver once again to finish with 4 straight doubles for a 48 on the back.

The highlight of the day, (hands down!) was my playing partner making an Ace on the par 3 6th hole.  That was the first time I have ever even been on the tee box for a hole-in-one so it was quite memorable.  I'll probably talk more about the mechanical end of my game in my swing thread, but I was fairly encouraged with my progress today.  Some good, some bad, but moving in the right direction overall.

I broke par for the first time ever on a local 9 hole course, par 34. Ended up -1. The best score I managed any other time was +1 here. Its a short easy course, but the consistency was on point today and I only hit one very bad shot, a drive, that I manage to scrape up a bogie on. 

3 birdies, 2 bogies, and 4 pars.

• Upvote 3

Community, Dales Course, Dayton, OH

39-42-81

Yes, the bunny course, but I came so damn close to busting the 80. Two stink-out-loud holes on #2 and #11 and minus either one would have been more than enough. Had three birdies and I'm a guy that often goes the weekend without one. Stuff is really starting to come together. The only jip is that my partner bailed on me. Would have liked to post this bad boy and get the old number looking a little better.

34-36 : 70 (-2) at my home course. Very windy and some holes with rain.

Lots of hours at home practicing on putting line are paying off.

played in a couples tournament today, got to play the White Tees

6,000 Yds 68.7/124

36-33-69 (-2) Lowest Score Ever at Springfield :-)

6 birdies, most ever in one round, 13 greens , missed 7th birdie on 17 from 8 feet.

-Jerry

40 yesterday afternoon and it should have been better. I missed an easy 4 footer to save par on the 1st hole followed by a silly 3 putt double and a 3 putt bogey. Putting was just a little wobbly if I wasn't missing short birdie putts I was leaving it short for long par putts, distance control. First time in a few weeks I made it past the 7th hole, I can only play 9 due to back and rib issues.

Dave :-)

Longbow Golf Club - Mesa, AZ

Par 71 - 6,472 yds - 70.2/127

42+40=82

Played quite well today.   had a double bogey free front 9.   striking the ball quite well, but just missing greens, and not chipping well enough to 1-putt.   
On the back side, I started off by doubling 2 of the first 4 holes.   bad 3-putts on both of them.  but then closed it out with 4 straight pars and a birdie.  

This was definitely one of the best ball striking days I've ever had.  I hit 12 of 14 fairways.   had 6 GIR, but, 11 nGIR to go with it.  
Chipping and putting were marginal at best.   They really need some work.   par saves from nGIRs are basically non-existent.     

After a Handicap spike early in the summer pushing me up to 13.5, I'm now trending at an 11.2.   

That broke 80 badge is coming this summer.   I can feel it.  

Next golfs coming up - Saturday, Next Tuesday, Next Friday, Next Saturday, Next Monday.   5 rounds in a 9 day stretch.   hopefully one of them is the one I put it all together.  

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

It was horrible. So much for breaking 100. I felt real good about it and then my shots went to shit... Shot 114... Callahan Golf links

Tough ball-striking day for me... shot 96 at Tahoe Donner in Truckee, CA. I felt like I had never swung a club before in my life. The greens were still super shaggy as they only opened 2 weeks ago! 

I chalk it up to playing a lot of golf at a par 3 course in town that requires a lot of 3/4 wedges. We play a weekly skins game in the summer at that par 3, which is a ton of fun, but terrible for my full course game.

Looking at some free lessons from my buddy that is a pro from a local course... maybe that will help.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find