IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 42 today on 9 holes, with a nice bag fat 7 to end my day. Driving's still bad - 1 fairway (but at least all the others were still in play, not lost/unplayable.) . Iron play's good, though, because I still got 5 greens, as well as an up and down from 160 yards to save par on the first hole. Putting's getting there, with 15 putts.

Number 9 was a disaster, as usual. I usually hit 3 iron to the dog leg left instead of cutting the corner...but I was thinking birdie all the way to break 40. Mistake...drive not only cuts the corner but lands in the trees on the far side in a really bad downhill lie. Second shot, topper. Third, pushed into a tree, came back at me. Fourth shot, topper. Fifth onto the fringe, and then two-putted. Ugh. It's also the same hole where I put a ball into a guy's bag yesterday.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Shot 87 today off 20 (par 71) so i was happy even though its probably a bad score for most on here.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Went +6 on the front, and went +4 on the back. This is the first time I've played the back of this course, and it wasn't so bad.

But only one birdie..
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Played a very low quality golf course, shot 3 over 36, had 3 chances for eagle. Didnt really play that well considering i only had 4 clubs.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Played nine holes today par was 36 and shot 55 over. First time on this course so for a rookie player I'm happy. The second hole was a par 5 that I went 5 over, when I walked away from the green all I could do was shake my head in dissapair. Everything was great from the drive to the iron play but when it came time for the short game, it was all down hill from there. That hole awaits me for another day.

Irons Racs 3 thru 9
Woods R5 3 and 5
Driver R5 460 CC

played the 9hole yesterday and shot 4over in the tourney and then played agian and shot 1 under isn't that ironic?(after i finished i punched myself in the face after my first round)

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Shot a 48 on the front & 50 on the back at the Meadows of Six Mile creek today. 1st time on this course & I am used to fairways which are a lot wider & every green on this course is undulating.

Shot +13 on my local 9 hole,played 18 though.
79 on par 66.43pts.
best score yet

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Last night, I played a twilight round after some morning practice. I shot a +10 on the front and a +13 on the back for a +23, 95. My first time breaking 100!

In addition to playing well, I played consistently. My worst score was a single triple bogey, and on a hole I usually par (17). Part of that is that our group got to the 17th tee box with precious little sunlight left, and we wanted to finish. There was some serious slow play ahead of us for the first 14 holes, but the group must've gotten bored and left or something... we played the last 5 holes in just under an hour with no one ahead of us.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my score. I'm thinking I'll go play today to celebrate.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in the city Senior Amateur Championship Sat. & Sun.

Shot 90 (net 75) Sat. + 82 (net 67) Sun. for a total of 172 (net 142).

For the two days: zero birdies, 16 pars, 15 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 triple & 1 quad.

Pretty good lunch for all players Saturday (dogs, burgers, etc.) & Sunday (BBQ, fried chicken, etc.).

I backed up yesterday's 95 with a 92 today. This time, it was 3 pars, 2 doubles, 1 triple, and the rest standard bogeys. I even bogeyed the handicap 1 & 3 holes and parred - parred! - the 4HCP. And the triple was on HCP2, but eh.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Shot a 42 on the back 9 at White Lake Oaks. My brother and I went out early with nobody ahead of us. We moved back to the back tees to try and get ready for our golf trip in August. I hit the ball reasonably well and putted fine. I had a blow up tripple on 13, but finished bogey, par, par, par, bogey with a lost ball off the tee on 18.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

78 yesterday - 40 & 38. Started off with a double and basically was 6 over through 7 holes. Remembered a lesson I had (with a softball bat) from Mike Miller, who coaches Jason Gore. Started setting my hands better and the irons became much more dialed in. Putted decent too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• Administrator
76 at Whispering Woods today. My official handicap is now 3.1, but my unofficial one (which I keep in my Scorecard software on my computer) is 3.0. better yet, my anti-handicap (worst 10 of last 20 rounds) is only 6.0, which ain't too shabby.

The difference between the two is that I don't put courses into Scorecard if I only play them one time. I should, though - it's easy enough to do.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday I was Jeckyl and Hyde.......48-37 = 85. I let too many bad shots turn into second and third bad shots on the 1st 7 holes, and on 8 tee I said to myself I need to get over it and par-out.....almost did, I was 2 over on the last 11 holes.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

94..getting back to better again

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

44 on a 9 holer - back side of The Willows. Par 3's destroyed me - doubled them both, but parred both par 5's and a handful of the par 4's. I played with a buddy of mine who didn't plan on golfing today - so he lifted weights that morning, and his golf swing was...gone. I think if we played 18 he would have shot his cholesterol count, or worse. (He had an 88 after 9...we decided to call it quits by then.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

76 at Whispering Woods today. My official handicap is now 3.1, but my unofficial one (which I keep in my Scorecard software on my computer) is 3.0. better yet, my anti-handicap (worst 10 of last 20 rounds) is only 6.0, which ain't too shabby.

You should put all the courses you've played this year in the Scorecard record so you get a true handicap tracking for the year. If your keeping only a couple of courses you play most of the time it won't be a true show of how well your playing. The more you play the same course you learn where and how to best play certain holes. such as you may have a hole you know it's better to be in the right rough than the left side of the fairway so you have a better shot at the green.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum