IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

97 today. Another poor round. My handicap will now be over 23. I started the year at 21. Swing didn’t really feel good today. Hitting too many duffs and topped shots. Short Game was abysmal. 37 Putts. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Played TPC Piper Glen today, probably had the best 78 I’ve ever shot.

39-39-78 1 birdie, no doubles, no sixes round.

5 4 4 4 4 5 4 5 4 -39   5 4 3 5 4 5 4 4 5 - 39. 78

So why would a 79 be a great round, come to find out the course will be closed in 3-weeks in order to redo the greens and fairways.  The greens were so hard, you almost couldn’t get a ball to stop on the greens.  And not only were they hard as bricks,  but they almost all sloped front to back.  And if you did finally get one to stop, you were left with some mighty long putts. After a few holes, it was almost comical to see the ball hit the green and bounce as far as it did.  I never had to fix a ball mark all day, never made one and I hit a lot of greens, albeit the ball didn’t stay on it.  

I thought the layout was superb, so can’t wait to come back when it’s been redone.  I’ll post some pictures tomorrow if i have a chance. There were a lot of impressive houses surrounding the course.

I played Saturday and shot 90.

I had 7 GIR and 6-7 near GIR. Putting was not good --greens were very slow and I could not adjust. By slow I mean 60-70% of normal speed. Line was generally good. I spent about an hour on the putting green post round.

I am about 1 club short on my irons. I have been working with a shorter backswing to improve contact, and am making progress, so hopefully speed will come as I am able to increase swing length. I still had a couple of bad contacts.

Wedge play needs work. I especially need work on near full  shots with 48, 52, and 56.

I only had one unplayable drive-not too far off line, but against a small tree. Distance not where I want, but not terrible for me for conditions.

Overall, I am somewhat pleased with progress and think I am working on the right things.

Shot 77 yesterday and only three putted once. I was pretty thrilled about that. The greens were slower yesterday so I think that helped some. My handicap, however, is inching upward (now I'm 1.9).

Lord, I don't wanna know.

Started off birdie, par, par then it turned ugly.  I stopped counting. I could figure it out, if I wanted to, but I prefer to never know.

Grand Harbor Yacht & Country Club, Ninety Six, SC

Blue Tees, 6600 Yds

First 18 hole round of the year with my good friend @jsgolfer 

38-38-76 1 double and 2 birdies

Great day on the course and a great time with Jerry and his best friend John.  ;-)

Horrible day, Played the white tees, Dye Course at Barefoot. Shot 91, with two chip ins from 20  and 15 yards off the green, and made 2 putts over 25 feet, so my score should've been a lot worse. My mid and short irons are a disaster right now. Just can't hit a green. Finished a 3 lesson package last week, trying to fix an inside takeaway and over the top move. I feel like I'm in knots right now, nothing feels comfortable or "natural" with my game. The frustrating part is, on the range I'm more at ease and able to make the move I'm trying to. Once I get to the course, I'm lost.

Shot 74, being my lowest round in 4 years.  Finally made some putts on the shots that I hit close.

4 5 2 6 4 3 5 3 3-35  4 5 4 4 4 5 5 4 4-39---74

30 putts, 7 bogies, 4 birdies

Played 5 rounds in a row from last thursday to this monday.

1- Home course: 70(-2). Bogey free round, 1st time in my life :D.
2- Orquidea golf club: 74(+2). First time i play there.
3- Home course: 75(+3). A good practice round.
4- SmithField Golf Club: 75(+3). First time i play there.
5- Home course: 74(+2). Another good practice round.

75 this morning. 1 birdie, 4 bogeys, and 13 pars. Maybe hitting those 250 balls at the range yesterday helped.

• Administrator

71 at Whispering Woods from mixed tees.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2084338

Played pretty well, really. A few goofy shots here and there, but got away with a few, and also missed a few putts I could have/should have made.

A hard to swallow 99 on a new course, Links with fast greens.

Par'ed 4 of the last 6 holes to come in with 18 point back 9 (+3 for the 6 holes)

Taking the best back 9 prize at least.

Down to 19hcp from 20 last year, hoping to go below 18 this year

40-36-76 

No sixes round, 2 birdies and 7 bogeys

SGCC from our back tees.

Played in our A Team Playoff match, we won front back and overall for a 3-0 win but our team lost the match in a playoff.  

• Like 1

84 today, a personal best.  Could've been better, I tripled the 18th which is a fairly easy par four.  Overall I'm pretty damn happy about the round.