IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 79 from 6700 yards on Saturday - 1 over on the front and 7 on the back. 

That is with 2 doubles - one due to the ball moved when removing pine needle and the second for a poor early season lie in the rough. 

Had 13 putts on the front with a chip in for birdie -

Sub 80 for a first round is a great start!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 91 at Memorial Park in Houston. I made par on the first three holes, and the last three holes. Cool round!

• Like 1

First time out last night in the League.

Due to circumstances I played the same 9 holes twice.  

Shot a 42 and a 41 on the easiest of the four 9-holes courses my league uses.,

Just great to be back out on the course!!

Played like crap on Saturday,smooth 43-38-81 ugh, turned it around on Sunday, 40-35-75 2 birdies and A No sixes round.  :dance:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I was +2 through 14 holes. Then I stuck a 5 iron in the ground on a 200yd par 3 tweaking my back. Proceeded to double the next 3 holes and finished  with an 80. Getting old sucks

Played Fri, Sat, Sun. 16 birdies for the three days. Unfortunately made a double on a par 3 each day. One 3-putt today, which was only my second one in ten rounds, so that's been a nice improvement. 

My best round recently was the 74 on Monday at the Farms. We played from the black tees except for the par 3's and it was windy. Hit 16 greens, two birdies and had a double with an OB. Just hit a ton of good iron shots and a lot of quality putts.

IMG_5618.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

For most of the weekend it was a test of patience.  Shot 85 Saturday morning, and everything felt off.  Walked the front twice that afternoon to a pair of 40s and while I still wasn't completely in sync with my driver my game felt controllable.

Came out early this afternoon and shot a self imposed 82.  I call it self imposed, because I was basically cruising to a 80-78 when I stepped on the 15th tee and pushed a 5 iron into the pond to the right.  Being annoyed and my first major mistake of the day I obviously looked at the green which set 250 from the drop zone and around a dog leg which is protected by OB for the length of the 250 on the left and thought to myself....I can make that shot.  Well, I almost did....however almost still means OB and OB leads to an 8 instead of a 6 if I'd just used my brain.  From there it was go for broke to try to make up for it and resulted in a double bogey on the last hole.  Obviously I had to play more, I must fix that.

Caught fire in the evening shot 34 on the back to pair with the 39 on the front.  73 with 2 birdies and 2 eagles (first time with multiple eagles in a round).  Finally felt like my game was all there.  It'll probably be gone tomorrow.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Shot a 44 at the local muni playing with my wife. Nice day. 4/5 driver tee shots were very good. Need to work on my irons. Short game was very good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

What an up and down round I had today. Started out 3 pars, then a double, a par, and another double. Figured the round was shot. Then birdied the next 2 holes, and had a bogey on the 9th for a 39. On the back, started with a birdie, 2 bogeys, a par, a triple, a double, a bogey, then a birdie, ending with a par on 18, for a 42 on the back. I'm not sure I've ever had 4 birdies in a round after 3 doubles and triple bogey. Usually, I'm figuring that the swing is shot for the day, and I'm just trying to make it back to the clubhouse in one piece. I guess, 'Never give up', is a nice motto.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

My game has been in shambles for some time.  This Spring there have been times I needed to stage a late round rally just to keep the score to double digits.  So the 76 (5.2 differential) I shot at my home course yesterday was completely unexpected.

To be sure, the course has firmed up considerably from when I shot an 89 a week ago.  Still, my ball striking was so much better yesterday than it has been for months.  Perhaps my low expectations removed any internal pressure to perform.

Brian Kuehn

92 last night - net 64!  Best round I have ever posted on GHIN.  Quit hitting the driver and used my 3 wood to keep it in play.

No Triples!!!

Edited by ChevDog
Added Comment

Played yesterday afternoon, weather was really nice, raining this morning.  

37-39-76

4 5 4 3 4 4 4 5 4   5 3 4 4 5 5 4 5 4   

No Sixes - :-D but no birdies  :-( 

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

78 yesterday - and that was with 4 3-putts.

Today, I salvaged a 77. I say salvaged because I put on in the water off the tee, and one in the swamp off the tee. In both cases, I got up and down with bogeys. Putting was completely different today. I didn't count how many 1 puts I had, but they sure helped.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Season finally started and I jumped in on it last week and played 5 rounds (Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat/Sun).  We had a golf show in Feb, so 4 of those rounds were free fees coupons from the show (rent the cart) so played for less than $20.  (20 total coupons, I think I'll be able to play more than half before they all expire)

Scores were from 75 to nearly 90. 3 of those days has high winds with gusts to 30.  Yesterday was the worst, hit the ball about 80 times, but I must have had about 10 or 12 penalties on top of it.

I was HITTING GREENS 2 of the rounds (one windy day, Saturday was the 'perfect' weather day - that was the 75).  I didn't score Mon/Tues, just hit balls and practiced mostly.  Overall, enough birdies mixed in with fewer blowup holes that I'm happy to start the season.

AND - my new woods and hybrids came on Tuesday so I played those Fri-Sun.  Never really been fit before officially and I could really tell that the shaft of the club made a difference.  I'm jazzed, if was so much easier to hit even though my previous set I hit well, these were measurably easier to get the same results......I like my Epics and Rogues a ton.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

71, 71 this weekend. Hit 15 greens Sat and 17 greens yesterday. Almost made an ace from 180 yards. Struggled a bit with the putter. Had more to do with committing to the read than mechanics I think. Damn greens at the club are inconsistent with the speeds.

IMG_5758.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

78 today. Simple pair of 39's. 4 bogeys and 1 birdie on each 9.

first round of the year, i typically strive for bogey golf so any round in the 80's is like playing under par for me, so I was quite happy with a 44-44 / 88 (+17) for my first round of the year.  I'll try not to think about the back to back triples I had on 15 and 16 as I was trying to close a great round, but I bounced back with birdie and par to finish.  I don't get a lot of birdies or rounds in the 80's so I'm quite happy.

Next up, 36 holes on Saturday and another 18 on Sunday

-Eric