IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played the first round of our summer 4ball tournament.

Shot 38-41-79. 

Partner shot 85 and we won all 3 points.  5 up after 6 holes and cruised the rest of the way.  Off to a good start.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6th round of the year on Tuesday played 1 over on the front, 1 under on the back - for even par (6471 yards par 72 white tees - a course I know very well). Probably one of the best rounds I'll play all season (considering sunday's round was over 90).  Course was in great condition, the new hybrids and woods were great.  I even hit my long irons and chipped.  I live for these days and they are SELDOM.  (but more and more over the last few years).

5 birdies, one double bogie, 3 bogies.

first six holes in a row were perfect (Fairway hit, and GIR, and two putts - then I yanked a drive left and then hit a tree bumping out and duffed a chip leading to the double - that'll teach me.) 

14 of 18 GIR, one 3 putt - good on the par 3's which are usually a mental thing for me.

Instead of going for every shot, I tried really hard to asses hazards and risk and play for score rather than hero shots - hmmmm, there might be something to this.....it REALLY paid off on what I think are 3 hardest tee shots on the course...

Bill - 

69 gross, net 67.2 on the first day of a member/member tournament. Front nine was scotch format, second nine was scramble, tomorrow is best ball for all 18. Tied for 2nd in our flight after the first day. 👍Bombed some drives and hit some good 3/4 distance wedges.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Good morning everyone,

I shot an even 90 yesterday with my regular foursome for our Masonic Lodge get together/golf outing. My drives were straight (except on 5), my short iron play and tiny delicate pitch/chip shots onto the green was my downfall. 😖

Sycamore Creek Golf Course - Manakin Sabot, VA (i.e. just a hair west of Richmond, VA in the suburbs). Beautiful course, plays shorter than most, but has a nasty and very annoying creek intertwined all throughout - hence the name of the course.

https://sycamorecreekgolfcourse.com/

Hole 1, 340 yards, par 4. Score: 4 (par)
Hole 2, 354 yards, par 4. Score: 5 (bogey)
Hole 3, 368 yards, par 4. Score: 5 (bogey)
Hole 4, 137 yards, par 3. Score: 3 (par)
Hole 5, 484 yards, par 5. Score: 9 (complete disaster, penalty strokes, etc.. Don't ask!!!)
Hole 6, 389 yards, par 4. Score: 6 (double bogey)
Hole 7, 356 yards, par 4. Score: 4 (par)
Hole 8, 175 yards, par 3. Score: 3 (par)
Hole 9, 350 yards, par 4. Score: 5 (bogey)
Front Nine Total..... 44 (Par 35)

Hole 10, 410 yards, par 4. Score: 7 (triple bogey)
Hole 11, 168 yards, par 3. Score: 3 (par)
Hole 12, 337 yards, par 4. Score: 5 (bogey)
Hole 13, 260 yards, par 4. Score: 6 (double bogey)
Hole 14, 495 yards, par 5. Score: 6 (bogey)
Hole 15, 134 yards, par 3. Score: 5 (double bogey)
Hole 16, 349 yards, par 4. Score: 6 (bogey)
Hole 17, 127 yards, par 3. Score: 4 (bogey)
Hole 18, 490 yards, par 5. Score: 5 (par)
Back Nine Total..... 46 (par 35)

Grand total..... 90 (par 70)
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 7
Double Bogeys: 3
Triple Bogeys: 1
Disasters/traumatic golf meltdown: 1

It was still a great day yesterday, and for such a nice, plush, shorter-than-most, regulation 18 hole course, we all had a great time. I know what I need to focus on, where my strengths are and where my weaknesses are. I will break 90. I know I can! My main issue is during a bad shot/disaster, I mentally just lose it, get extremely PO'd, temper tantrum, etc... and about ready to bend a 5 iron over my knee! 🤬

I have to stay focused, calm down, and use my brain. (Example: Don't try a "bump 'n run" type of greenside play, when there is a big mound at the side of the green, 'cause it will obviously cause the ball to roll way off line, leaving me with a difficult putt. Instead, do a gentle chip shot over the mound, and take dead aim at the flagstick, trying to get the ball as close to the pin as possible).

:cobra: --- older model 454 Comp, 10.5° face, reg shaft.
:ping: --- old, classic set of i3+ irons, 3W, 5W, 21° Hybrid, etc...
:odyssey:--- an old DF550 blade putter that I just can't part with!
:titleist: --- NXT Tour, DT Tru Soft, and a few prized Pro-V1's 

49-40 while walking after work on Thursday. Got paired up with a fun group of really fast golfers. While I love to play fast, I would have definitely opted for a motorized cart if I had known I was playing with these cats. Fun round though

Shot an 83 at The Lakes the other day from the tees that play 6,370 yards. It has a 70.6 course rating (72 par) and a 130 slope. I struggled early on with some tentative approach shots and also putting. Two pars and 7 bogeys on the front. My pars came late at 8 and 9. The back was better with 5 pars and 4 bogeys. I felt like I was fighting all day. I felt good that I did not have any doubles on a course I had only played once before perhaps 8 years ago.

Shot a 94 today first time playing Rancho in downtown LA, with some solid holes and some terrible ones. On  the bad ones, I was usually trying to get too cute with a draw or my aim or something.

Then again, I got an easy par on the same Par 5 that the plaque says the late great Arnold Palmer had a 12 on in 1961, so I at least I left on a high note. 

If if I could do an inkling of what Palmer did for kids’ charities and other people, I’ll take that in a heartbeat. The stories about Arnie’s generosity are amazing.

Played 27.  Shot 39, 38 and 36.   Very windy with 20+mph all day.  The last 9 holes were all pars but I missed 3 birdie putts from inside 8 feet and offset that by making 2 par putts outside 40 feet.  Such is life.

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

On 5/5/2018 at 9:41 PM, mvmac said:

69 gross, net 67.2 on the first day of a member/member tournament. Front nine was scotch format, second nine was scramble, tomorrow is best ball for all 18. Tied for 2nd in our flight after the first day. 👍Bombed some drives and hit some good 3/4 distance wedges.

We shot a net 67 on Sunday, finished solo 2nd in the flight.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yesterday played at a new course (to me).  Lots of ups and downs, dog legs.  6200 yards and even still a good challenge.

Couldn't get it together really the whole time.  One birdie, but that was a chip in.  and about 3 seriously messed up blow up holes.

Bill - 

First night of league was tonight. Perfect weather... mid 70s and just a light breeze. Shot 45 with 2 stupid penalty strokes. Putted pretty well by my standards, holing 3 putts from over 10’. 

3 rounds over the weekend, 95, 90, 90.  My general target is trying to break 90, but can't complain for the most part.  Shanked an approach into the water on my last hole of the last round to finish with a triple bogey, something in the 80's felt certain there until I did that.  My goal for the year was a round under 85, and I feel like I'm close very early, just need to keep some consistency and drop the disaster holes

-Eric

38 on a par 32.

Hole 1: Hit a drive that felt amazing be neither me or my dad saw the ball after I hit it(sucks, but what can you do?), So I hit a provisional. Didn't find the original, so I played the Provisional. Chipped onto the green and 2 putted for a 6.

Hole 2, 2 over par: It's a par 3 with the wind, 155 or so but plays more like 135 so I hit a knockdown 9 iron but pulled it left. Had a good chip but the ball wouldn't stop rolling, 2 putts and a bogey.

Hole 3, 3 over par: 131 into the wind and I severely underestimated how much distance would be lost. Came up about 20 yards short, chipped to 5 feet and nailed the putt for par.

Hole 4, 3 over par: Wind off the left, push-faded my driver and it went into the water. Played out of the drop zone, hit an 8 iron shot poorly, and chipped to 10 feet, missed the putt by 3 feet and nailed the return putt to run away with a 6.

Hole 5, 5 over par: Severe dogleg left, almost 90* left. Pushed driver to a good opening in the right side of the fairway. Put a knockdown 9 iron to 10 feet and 2 putted for par.

Hole 6, 5 over par: Thinned a Pitching wedge onto the fringe of the par 3, chipped to about 5 feet and nailed the putt for par.

Hole 7, 5 over par: Nearly drove the green, slightly thinned my wedge shot and 2 putt from about 25 feet for par.

Hole 8, 5 over par: 161 par 3 slightly with the wind so I hit a soft 8 iron to about 5 feet and missed the birdie putt. Par

Hole 9, 5 over par: Iron off tee, my dad and I were playing match play and I was 1 up so I decided to avoid all the trouble and leave myself about 115 into the short par 4. Normally the play anyway since there are bunkers on both sides leading up to the green. Pushed my wedge shot, had a poor chip, and 2 putt for bogey.

Finished 6 over after 9. The takeaway here is to leave myself short putts whenever I'm chipping. I could have saved 3 strokes doing so.

Today shot a 78. That's two days after they punched holes in the greens and  filled them with sand. So I'm pretty pleased with that score. 2 birdies, 8 bogeys, 8 pars.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

On my holibobs in Thailand, and played Phoenix Gold Golf Club today.

Im using borrowed clubs, but after a sighter round with them yesterday I fgured out the gapping a bit more and got round in a respectable(for me) 85, faded near the end in the 34celsius heat and humidity and a couple of doubles crept in.

Some funky greens out there, with nearly all having some crazy undulations on them, so hopefully with a few more rounds I can get a better idea where to aim for on them.

Its a beautiful track which the European Ladies tour visited not too long ago. Would recommend!!

39-40-79 SGCC Blue Tees

Greens were punched and sanded yesterday, 4 3-putts and a double.  Good ball striking day, not so much for score.  :loco:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

17 hours ago, tweakers said:

On my holibobs in Thailand, and played Phoenix Gold Golf Club today.

Im using borrowed clubs, but after a sighter round with them yesterday I fgured out the gapping a bit more and got round in a respectable(for me) 85, faded near the end in the 34celsius heat and humidity and a couple of doubles crept in.

Some funky greens out there, with nearly all having some crazy undulations on them, so hopefully with a few more rounds I can get a better idea where to aim for on them.

Its a beautiful track which the European Ladies tour visited not too long ago. Would recommend!!

Went back again today, had a mare on 2nd, took 6 iron out of fairway trap, hit lip(just), came back and plugged half a ball below the sand, lol. Took my medicine then and stabbed it out. Then again on 4, in the bunker, laid the wedge down flat, give it a decent swing, flew it about 40 yards over the green 😞 Silly Boy!

After that sort of got it going a bit better, 39 on the back nine, with a couple of edge of the hole leaves.

Feel like I could finally break 80 round this track, Rated 71.0/126

Of course it was too hot, I look a right sort out then dripping all over the place. But bit of heat wont stop me getting out there!!!