IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77! (Only my 4th or 5th time breaking 80)

thats fantastic coming off of a 98 last week where I had 7 three-putts. Greens today were running closer to a 9.5 today (rather than 12 like last week at Birdwood - UVA course) so that helps my lagging woes

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Almost stopped counting yesterday...I think the finally tally was 101....on a VERY easy course....bad day for sure. My handicap tracker says worst round since before I was married....we are celebrating 5 years this June. 

40-39 for a 79 today. Let it get away from me in the front 9 with 2 bogeys and a double. Back was just 3 bogeys. Greens are still in terrible shape after the aeration.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

76 and 69 on the weekend. 

Funny thing is except for a couple holes I hit the ball about the same both rounds.

Saturday's round I got too aggressive with my second shot on a par 5 and hit in the water. Lost a ball off the tee a few holes later and had three 3-putts.

Today, I didn't have any 3-putts, hit three par 5's in two and knocked a couple shots stiff.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Got out Sunday as we did Mothers Day Sat night.

Played 36 in one day for the first time and did pretty good.

Played with my BIL in the morn, shot an 85 and played in 3 hrs, 12 mins.

Had such a good time I wanted to go back out... couldn't find anyone to play with so I went out by myself and shot an 88 in 2 hrs and 15 mins.

Awesome weekend out golfing!!!  :beer:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Breaking 80 consistently this season - two bad rounds out of 12 is a great start. 

Not swinging at 100% is a huge help???

Great start @Billsy

I would say controlled 75% - 90% swings can be very beneficial.  I use these on most holes and shots.

Knowing when to give 100% on a swing and have control over it, depending on how well you know your game, can add or subtract shots from your round.

I see too many people swinging out of their shoes and wonder why they slice the ball 100 yards into the woods.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

37 on a par 32. I double bogeyed the first because i was right out of the car and yanked my tee shot OB. mostly pars but my putting let me down 3 times. A 5 footer that I pushed, a 10 foot par putt that ended up 3 feet short, and a 15 foot put that was really uphill and I 3 putted.... 

Tornament is tomorrow. I feel pretty ready. 

My recent 3 rounds have been pretty good for me. All were 9 hole rounds, as I am still in PT for my shoulder. 

40, 42, and 40. (Par36). Only had 2 three putts, and have been staying out of trouble off the tee for the most part. My approach game from 80 yards in, has been really good, as far as hitting, and staying on the green.

Can't wait to play 18 holes in a few more weeks. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Wednesdays round was a 76, 12 pars, 1 birdie, 5 bogeys. Yesterdays round was a 77, 14 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 double bogey. Not sure if we'll get the round in today. Lots of rain coming in, and it poured all night last night. The course may even be closed.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

84 today. Hit a couple nice long drives on the par 5's and ended up hitting a 9 iron over the green and an 8 iron over the other par 5 green. Should have hit my 3w more often off the tee instead of driver on the par 4's. Distance is useless without accuracy.

Today was an indication of the kind of golfer I could be and the type I actually am. Shot a 41 the first time through the course and a 52 the second time through for a total of 93.

It's not like the 41 was the best I could play. Driver was anemic and there were a few errant full swings here and there. But the bad swings were good enough to allow a decent short game and putting to bail me out.

The 52 was just maddening. Every swing was piss poor away from the green. Full swing went to hell as did my partial swing game from 125 yards and in. Incurred my only two penalties of the day on the 16th and 18th holes. 

After feeling pretty good on the first 9, I was unable to execute the weight shift on the 2nd 9. Not sure why I lost it... kind of like I was caught in between my old swing and the one I'm trying to develop. I'm not too worried about getting my partial swing back, but with both parts of my game MIA I'd better get used to not breaking 100.

On the upside, chipping was good and the 29 putt total was the lowest I've ever experienced. I know I'm not a good putter yet, but I have been able to average less than 2 putts per hole in the 4 rounds since switching putters.

Jon

I played for the first time since August this afternoon. I avoided the 50 by one stroke. Swinging a club felt like a foreign motion.

- Shane

With all of the rain, our member-member was cancelled, but I did get out yesterday.  Course was wet, rough was long, but I played pretty well.  

No Sixes, 1 birdie

5 5 4 3 4 4 3 4 4 - 36    4 3 5 3 5 5 5 4 4 - 38 - 74

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I shot an 82 on Saturday; best round this year so far.

I will have to credit LSW, as I have been working on more distance and it was definitely a factor.

On two holes, I made par with a penalty shot- with out the penalties would have been a birdie and an eagle. Besides those holes, I made 3 legit birdies. I don't think I have ever done that before. Obviously with that math, I still had some "others"-a double and a triple, as well as my usual mix of pars and bogeys.

The birdies were all directly related to distance. One short par 4 and two shortish par 5's. I was closer to the green on the par 4, and longer drives and longer second shots put me closer to the green on the par 5s. I had easy little pitches on all three.

On a side note, I tried the Titleist AVS. I bought a sleeve and actually didn't use them until the back, but in limited use they performed well for me. I like the feel and distance was good. Not enough experience to comment on greenside performance, but they do feel good off the putter.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Waiting for the middle of September to get back on the golf course. No way I'll play with weather in the low 90's & unbearable humidity, until then. 

3 rounds this weekend - a couple 78's and an 89

it was windy, but my excuse it that I don't have any real skills that might repeat themselve more than during a day

(I had a lot of coupons, 16 rounds this year - the rest of the coupons expire thursday (thank you golf show) so I'll likely be back down to 1 round a week, 2 on good weeks)

Bill - 

Played 9 holes this afternoon. Shot a 40, which was my target score. I missed a couple of putts. Stuff happens. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: