IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

71, two 3-putts on the front and missed a couple other shorts ones. Then on 17 made a 60ft eagle putt so I guess it kinda evens out 😉

Good news is I think I kicked my 63 out today so trend went up to +2.1 👍

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another crazy round. 82 (38-44). 1 under after the 6th hole, finish bogey, bogey, bogey. Back nine, just lost it. A couple pars, bogeys, doubles, and even a triple.

Oh well, we'll try again today and tomorrow. Nice 86 degree days through New Years.

Edited by Rkrider99
spelling

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Saturdays round was a 77 (37-40). Sundays was  79 (39-40). Going to take today and tomorrow off. Next tee time is on Wednesday.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Yesterday afternoon, a good friend and I played the back 9 at our local course. We both shot 39s. (+3)

Sounds good and all, but not scores we could report for cap purposes. 

We decided to change things up a little just for fun. The course was empty for the most part, so no, we didn't hold anyone up. What we did was hit everything before the green off tees. Fairways, a few roughs, approaches, and pitches. We tee'd everything up. 

We actually played 13 holes this way, since we played 10 & 18 two extra times each. Still finished at +3.

Just two old guys out screwing around, having fun. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I find it interesting people list how many shots they have taken. Surely this is relevant to the course. My existing course is a par 74, whereas the one I plan to join soon is only a 69. Wouldn't stableford points be more of an indicator?

- Simon Hornsby

75, 73 and 71. Weekend and today. Won money each day.

Golf is funny. I grinded so much harder on that 75 round than the 66 a few days before.

Todays round was pretty good, it was cold and windy. Hit clubs on holes today I've never ht before. For example on 15 the other day I had 95 yards in, today I had 165 to a back pin, hit a solid 5-iron to the center. Second hole is an easy par-5 that I'll typically hit a mid or short iron into, today was 20 yards short with a 3-wood.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, mvmac said:

it was cold and windy

No it wasn't. 🙂

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

No it wasn't. 🙂

Couldn't feel my fingers for the first five holes. Had at least two layers on all day....and had to wear pants 😮

Mike McLoughlin

51 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Couldn't feel my fingers for the first five holes. Had at least two layers on all day....and had to wear pants 😮

What 60°?

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

What 60°?

Exactly. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

39-37-76 New Course at Grand Cypress, white tees

Maybe my new favorite course in the Orlando area to play.  Really enjoyed it, plus did my first game golf round, which I managed to have to have to renter most of the back 9 as my phone died on me.  

Only thing with the drives, is that the course was wet and it was windy, most of my driving distance was all carry, didn’t get a lot of roll today.

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

@kpaulhus and I on the course.  

293AAA85-79AB-4164-907F-A77DCC9056F9.thumb.jpeg.b6b52adf7023605a521c1f2433de589f.jpeg

Wish our scores would’ve been a little better.

44-40-84 mission Inn Las Colinas

too many bad shots today. But loads of fun!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot an 80 (41/39) (net 65) yesterday in a super seniors tourney. Finished in 3rd place out of 28 entries. Kind of a chest pump moment for me. Won two dozen Pro V1s with that effort. Maybe they will let me trade them for some e7s. lol

Today was back to back 39s for a 78. Probably the best back to back rounds I have put together in some time. Took my crew of old guys' monies I did. Makes me want to play on the weekend which I normally don't do.

A few (very few) birds, cancelling out few doubles. The rest were either pars, or bogey 1s. 

Missed a 160 yard hole in one by an inch, which was my shot of the day, even though I putted really, really well, with 24 flat stick strokes. 

Not a bad couple of days for a distance challenged old dinosaur.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

59 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

@kpaulhus and I on the course.  

293AAA85-79AB-4164-907F-A77DCC9056F9.thumb.jpeg.b6b52adf7023605a521c1f2433de589f.jpeg

Wish our scores would’ve been a little better.

44-40-84 mission Inn Las Colinas

too many bad shots today. But loads of fun!

Please refrain from posting pictures like that when it's winter over here 😒 😃
Anyway, played 18 today. Shot 10 over, very pleased. It was 6 C° (42F for you guys), no rain.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Big_in_Belgium said:

Please refrain from posting pictures like that when it's winter over here 😒 😃
Anyway, played 18 today. Shot 10 over, very pleased. It was 6 C° (42F for you guys), no rain.

It's winter here too.

I didn't keep score, but we played nine holes:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1