IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Best round ever at my local 77 (-10 course HC)  Driver was off -- 3w rest of the game very good outside 1x double bogey 4x Bogeys  12x pars and 1x birdie ..wedge play was strong along with some good putting 

Edited by NZ Golfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go Foxy Go

I don't normally play on weekends, preferring to let the weekend warriors have their fun. However, a buddy called as wsnted to play. Plus, it was near 85 degrees today, so it was hard to turn down the invite. 

Carded back to back 39s for a 78, with 27 putts. Pretty pleased with that score. 

I was able to keep a high percentage of shots in very decent, next shot,  playing situations.  I am always thinking of my next shot. It gives me more focus for the shot at hand. 

That said, my much younger, 56 year old buddy carded a a 74, which is pretty much normal for him. I tend to give him some credit for my 78, as I was trying to keep up with him. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This was my first round of the year, and I really don't know how I did since we scrambled! But, I do have a general assessment. I got off the tee, and putted fairly well. My chipping and pitching were mixed. I almost sank a couple of chips and some were just God awful! My iron game was just hideous! I didn't get some of them off the ground, and the ones I did flared right and short! I also learned that at least one local range has opened, so I can get out there and get some swings in. I haven't hit a ball in about 6 months, so I can't be too disappointed. 

And man! Am I sore!

And I'm even more sore today! Woke up with what seems like a pulled muscle in my right rib cage! That is sore as hell, though the rest of me doesn't feel all that bad. And, at this time of night, it doesn't feel nearly as sore as when I first woke up. But, I figure it will be a little while till I can hit the range. 

I was comped 9 holes today by my home course's  resident pro. Shot a 40 for my effort. 4 bogey 1s, and 5 pars. The pro shot a 2 under 34. 

My putting was a bit off from what I am use to. Had 16 of those. 

I don't take lessons from this pro. He is just a decent friend. 

In My Bag:

So, picking up where I left off. Saturdays round was a 83, Sunday was 79, and yesterday was 74. Today, we're supposed to play at 1 PM, but it doesn't look too good. Thunderstorms in the area.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot 90 off the blue on Sunday and just left driver in the bag but then went out Monday and my 3w was the happy hooker all day so had my worst round of the year and almost made 100.  Hard to believe I can go from my usual mid to high 80's so badly off track. I think I have to seriously consider not using the driver and 3 wood, as they are so penalizing when I miss.

Edited by SteveH

Took a day off from golf today but my last 6 rounds have been 87, 86, 87, 86, 85, and 85.   That's consistency!    I am doing most things OK except occasional bad swing (OB, lost ball).  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Put up a 50 on the front nine of an easy course in horrible winds. I had a few mishits which resulted in lost balls, but otherwise was driving the living heck outta the ball. After shooting an 80 last November, I've been in the 90s ever since. Need more accuracy on the mid-to-short range chips now.

I had 3 "double-par" holes, a par 3, 4, and 5 holes.  The total on the three holes was 24.   And yet, I still escaped with an ESC score of 88, and net of 93.   That was a maddening round, one that makes me suicidal.   Sigh.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Out in 48.  Yikes!  Back in 38.  Cool.  A not so tidy 86.  That's me though.  I don't often keep it on the golf course for all 18.  The back nine restored my faith.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I’m a 26 handicap went out this evening and played 9. Chipped in on 1 for birdie then went double double then bogey. Because i hit over all three greens I struck ball pure. Proceeded to go crazy with 5 pars in a row for a 40. My lowest score on this nine previous was 45. Man I didn’t want it to get dark. Lol. 

Got talked into playing 9 holes with a couple of friends. Carded a 41, with 4 pars,  5 bogies, and 15 putts. 

Shot of the day was a 165 yard par 3. The ball hit the pin on the fly. Problem was it rolled another 20'+/- feet, making it a two putt par. 

I don't play on weekends very often. However, the weather is pretty much perfect for golf, and to avoid more broken bones from the arm twisting, the decision to play was a no brainer. 

In My Bag:

Shot 101 today. Not too shabby. Inconsistent iron play and bad drives led to the score, but it's still my second lowest of the season (shot a 99 two weeks ago; I'm confident things will be improving).