IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Haven't posted scores in a while so I'll just share screenshots from my GHIN app. 

Been a struggle the last few weeks, just not scoring well, finding ways, (either bad swings, bad decisions or just feeling "off") to add a few shot here and there. Golf is funny how cyclical it can be. Some rounds feel easy and others you wonder if you're ever going to make a birdie again 😂

IMG_2720.PNG

IMG_2719.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

85.  +6 going out and +7 coming in.  Two triples really hurt.  Missed the course on #8 and #10.  Good round regardless...10 pars and several birdie chances.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

86. (42/44) today, with 35 putts. 

Didn't putt well this time out. Probably because I thought I would mess around a little. I left my main gamer at home, and took my "Enterprise Putter" to the course. 

I also played my 2nd bag today which is a 4W, 12 irons, and of course the "Star Trek" putter. 

Any info on when "The Orville Putter" might be coming out?

Just a fun round of golf. Had the course pretty much to myself. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Beautiful day, mostly empty course. Greens in perfect condition, though a bit fast as there was a tournament over the weekend.  Monday is maintenance day, but members can go off after 12:00 if they don’t mind the crews working on the course.  I didn’t hit the ball well and almost quit after my fourth double on number 11. Felt like I was scoring in the mid 90s, but when I totalled up after the round it was an 82.  Maybe I should have gone biking instead, as my mind wasn’t in the right place to enjoy golf today.

Played in league last night.  First round for me in a while (other than a captain's choice)

Shot 34 (-2) with a new driver in the bag.  Had one bad swing that resulted in a bogey but other than that hit the ball really well.  Missed only one fairway and one green.  The irons were excellent and the three birdies were all within 5 feet.  Had a couple other realistic opportunities as well.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Unfortunately, the 76 I shot yesterday will have to hold me for a while. I hurt something in my left shoulder, (rotator cuff?), or pinched a nerve, or sprained or pulled a muscle. All I know is that the left shoulder has been bothering me lately, but only slightly. Tuesday, I regripped my clubs with the PURE grips I just received. I think while yanking off the old grips, I did further damage to the shoulder. But, then I forced myself to play on Wednesday, and while I could only take a 3/4 swing before the pain was too much, I still scored well. Last night, I couldn't sleep because of the pain, and today, when I got up for my Thursday golf game, I realized I couldn't even lift a club. So now, I'll try rest and a lot of Aleve, and see where it goes from there. If it doesn't get better, then I need to go find a doctor. So, you won't see any score from me for a while, but I will be checking TST daily, especially since I can't play. Maybe at 69 years old, playing 6 days a week is getting too much for this old body.

Edited by Rkrider99
spelling

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Down three after three.  Up one at the turn.  Won 10, 11, halved 12, took 13, and 14. So much for that.  A good reminder that it doesn't matter what happens at the outset.

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

99 (42/57). Frustrating to fall apart after playing such great golf on first 9. Really frustrating. 

103 on Friday and 104 today. Did have my 1st birdie since returning to golf nine months ago so that was fun.

77 (par 70) - good round for me. 

FW: 9/14

GIR: 10/18

putts: 33 (4 one-Putts, 1 three-putt)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

When out yesterday and played 88. Again the greens where not ready but overall I was happy with my ball striking. Working on my driver that launch too low but at least it was straight. Without greens the putting is not relevant so I hope they are ready soon.

Played 36 yesterday.  78/79.  Nothing really extraordinary except that 3 of us played all 36 in 4:25...  :-)

Thank you to the 3 groups, and one single who all let us play through as soon as we came to them.  :beer:

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

First round with a new Driver (and shaft) started really well 41 front (missed some really easy punts should have had 3 birdies ...46 on the back 9  ... some really sloppy play 

One of those days that I was feeling really confident with the new driver but some stupid lost balls that shouldn't have been hard to find but for some reason, with long rough and autumn leaves, were just making it impossible to find. 

that didn't help the composure 

Go Foxy Go

I went out full of confidence today. Hit some balls on the range, had my new to me irons and just thought I was gonna go out there and scorch the course! That didn’t....exactly happen. Granted I was playing a course I haven’t played since high school. But it’s pretty short and I’m generally a good driver.

10 GiR, 7 FH. Birdied the first and birdied the last. But I had a blow up hole and made an 8. And I carded a 6 as well. Shot 84 (41/43). Which is actually pretty good for me but I also don’t generally make birdies. So I kind of feel like I let a good round get away with some inconsistent crap in the middle. 

Went double, double, double on 11, 12, and 13.

Do the math... :8)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Looks like no ill effects from my sore shoulder. The pain disappeared as fast as it appeared. Played yesterday for the first time in a little over a week. Shot a 72 (36-38) 2 birdies, 4 bogeys, 12 pars.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro