IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Left work a few hours early yesterday and shot an 83.  It was gorgeous outside and there was nobody else on the course.  We finished our round in just over 3 hours, which includes a stop at the turn and a few hole we spent awhile looking for lost balls.  I was hitting my driver very well all afternoon.  Got some confidence standing on the tee that I've not had it a long time.  It was very windy so that was throwing off my irons quite a bit.  Had a few really bad iron shots that cost me a few strokes.  Had a few bad chips that cost me a couple of strokes.  Things I should be able to hopefully clean up fairly easily. The greens were very fast and but I didn't have any three putts.  Was a little too aggressive a few times, but managed to make the 5-10 foot comeback putt every time.

Need to practice chipping and putting this week.  Despite no three putts, I wasn't as comfortable as I usually am on those.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Shot a 95 ugh. Putting was the bigger issue. Par become bogey or double. A few pars and a birdie. Short game needs a lot of work.  

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

84 today (44-40). Looking back, I haven't had an 84 in over 40 rounds. For some reason, I  just couldn't get into the game today. 2 birdies, only 6 pars, 8 bogeys, and 2 double bogeys.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in a scramble out and my team won. We shot -13 and had 3 skins all eagles.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

First day of our 2-day President’s Cup.  2-man, 36-hole best ball.  

Shot 76 with 2 freaking doubles.  :doh:

56 teams.  We’re T-6 gross and 4th alone net.  Need another good day tomorrow...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

87 at my home course.  Parred every par-5 for the second time ever.  Hit seven shots into greens that were from inside a full 6-iron shot, and in each case, hit a less than full swing with a longer club.  I really like the result and will be using this more.

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Another Bi-polar round .. the new driver was continuing to give me great confidence off the tee so Front Nine even though my punter was pretty cold(easily missed 2 birdie chances) most two punts .. I still put in a smart 40 over the front nine ... so going well feeling great just had to tidy up the short pitch+ punt game 

Back 9 started ok +3 over 4 holes rough but thought I could get back on track to finish strong... but not to be with a triple bogey next hole followed by a bogey then Quad,Double, triple Bogey .... so 52 ... 92 

let's just say my 60deg wedge now has a slight bend ... 

Go Foxy Go

Shot a 92.  Haven't played in 3 weeks due to illness, but just had to get out and play.  Shot a 47 on front and a 45 on back.  Probably left 4 strokes on the course because of putting and 2 or 3 because I was chipping like a duffus on the front....Overall, hit the ball pretty good and will play at least once, maybe twice next week....

Started out today with a rather un-rushed and un-pushed warm up for my round of the day at the course I tended to play in a mediocre manner last week.

The warm-ups were good, with particular kudos to the driver.  I was able to get 200-215 in the air and, for me, exceptional ball speeds around 115.  They continued on in the round.  My 8i was solid, though not used in the round. The hybrids did their duty well.  Putting was better.

Match was one of my better ones of the year. 86 total smacks. 4 par, with alas, no birdies. 12 bogies with 4 double bogies. Only penalty was a sunken sailor that sailed a tad long. 7 FIR, 4 GIR.

It was the close game that needed a bit more concentration. Almost all of the extra strokes were added by 9i and 50º.  Some were the result of needing a little more club, and most of the 50º were aiming needs witch added an extra stroke or even two.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 5/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, David in FL said:

First day of our 2-day President’s Cup.  2-man, 36-hole best ball.  

Shot 76 with 2 freaking doubles.  :doh:

56 teams.  We’re T-6 gross and 4th alone net.  Need another good day tomorrow...

Day two.  I shot 77, but my partner struggled.  We finished T-5 net, and 6th gross.

No doubles, but a 4 bogey run in the last 5 holes.  Ugh...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot a 90 a few days ago. Meant to post it on here. Best hole of the day was a birdie on a par 4 - drove 280 and almost holed out from 70 yards away. That hole used to drive me crazy, it’s what made me take my first lessons 15 years ago. Now I tapped it in for a bird and my buddy jokingly compared my approach shot to Phil Mickelson

And if anyone thinks they had a bad day today, I put a $600 hole in my ceiling why trying to do rat prevention in the attic, and also just sprained my knee. I would have gladly traded all that in for a bad day at the golf course.

Edited by Sidehatch

Another day at my local in stunning pre-winter weather ..

83 -- 41 front/42 back just really solid Golf but far from my best 

Driving -C - far too many average drives putting me in trouble 

Fairway  B minus - so many great recovery shots from behind trees out of the sand but still made some stupid mistakes Best shot was a 4 iron from the rough that actually went further than expected over 230yard+ ended up off the back of the green ... but man it felt just perfect .

Chip/pitch- B minus - Some really brilliant shots that saved so many pars today but least 4 Duffas chips that went only half the way to prime locations

Putting -B+ much better many long putts within foot or two,, certainly helped me post a sub Par HC round

Really weak on the PAR3's today not making one green !!

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

Course is 6,100 yards, 69.4/130

I did not have all my clubs in my bag for today's game.  I used 50º, 60º,  6i, 7i, 9i, 3h, 5h, GX-7 (as 3w) and my driver. Of course I had a putter as well.  

Score was an 89.  Bit higher than last time due to mediocre (38) putting and a few solidly mis-played wedges.  The absence of the 56º was noticeable as I hit a few 50º both off line and a bit too hard.

Only 3 penalties, unfortunately all off the tee, 2 OB, 1 splasher.  All three were to the left. 

On the longer 4s and the 5s, I was getting, for me, good drives of about 230+ plus whatever the roll was. On the shorter 4s and one long three, the GX-7 came through as expected at 185-95 before roll.

The 6i and 7i gave expected results though I tended to be left on quite a few shots.  Same for the hybrids. Even the better shots were more than a simple draw. Accuracy was more of a problem than distance.  I have started to think 1 club different in my new concept of what a club should do.  I will generally think of 10 yards longer in my range work/club and practices when I use range balls.

I will be playing a course at week's end that demands my bag to be fairly full of options.  I will add the 56º, 8i, 4h, and 7i/w.  Again to work on club selection and to note yardage on the results.

I have a few competitive "friendlies" in my near future and hope to increase my ability to plan out a round a lot better.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

4 up at the turn.  Lost the next 5 holes.  I'm down 1 after 14.  We halved 15.  I won 16 and squared the match.  Took 17 and 18 to close it out.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

We played Shuksan Golf Club today. Beautiful course. We played from the whites - 6,234 yards - Slope 69.0 Rating 131. I shot 106 with a blowup hole on a par 5 where I managed a 9. A couple of 3 putts but some very nice shots, too. Had a great drive on a 524 yard par 5 and a nice 3 wood that left me about 100 yards from the green and managed to hit 5 more shots before I holed it. Sheesh! Anyway, lots of fun and a very nice day.

Shot 87 today.

5 over at the half with 1 birdie, 4 pars, 2 doubles with just so so driving games but a tied second shot. 

1st double was a stupid hook shot into the woods, pitched it to the rough and could not got to green on 3 to save bogey.

the 2nd double is just a poor luck and lacking concentration. Pushed the driver to the right AND the 2nd shot went not well as I expected. It still on the fairway with about 140 yards but the ball was on a divot. Should have focus better but hooked the ball to the bunker etc

The birdie was nice, hit it to the bunker with 80 yards to play, hit a perfect sand shot to get the ball for about 7 feet and nailed the putt.

Overall not a bad half at all.

The 2nd half begins with fade ball into the bunker, 150 yards left but very playable. The the phone rang, had to talk for like 7 minutes and of course hit the next ball nearly into the lake. Saved it Out but still need another chip and 2 putts for double. Should have holed the putt oh well.

Bombed the driver 280 yards on fairway, hit another 7 for 160 yards into the green and holed the 10 foot putt, just a perfect hole.

Then it just went downhill from there. Although I hit my driver very far today but just can’t capitalize the chances to make another birdie and in the hole I didn’t hit it well I just followed with stupid decision. 

After all I was quite pleased with my ball striking today, the new shaft is fireee. Really hit it longer about 20,25 yards compared to the old shaft. Hit some nice irons too. Putting was decent. But somehow can’t get up and down from nGIR. The other days when I couldn’t get a GIR to save my life but my chipping was saving my asses. Not today. 

My index is trending down after stalling for a while so right now golf is fun again haha.

74 which is 5 over. It was a solid round spoiled by two sevens( one a triple-the other a double). Still better than working mind

Stevie T

92 on Monday on my home course.  I have to start making smarter decisions...really.  Aerated greens did not exactly help.  I only blew up on the par 5 10th, carding an 8.  Lots of bogeys.

I shot 80 in a 2-man scramble over the weekend.  Boy was that fun.  I was the long hitter so I got to go for all of the par 5s in 2 with impunity - and this course has six of them!  I got us on the green in 2 twice and sorta in the vicinity of the green three more times resulting in five birdies.

99 before that.  It was morning and I had played the evening before.  I wondered if I could manage so little recuperation.  Now I know that I can not.