IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

79 at the Lakes Course in Primm Valley. 39/40, & 29 putts. 

Just a little breezy, and some what warm. Glad the course's mobile starter talked me into using an electric cart. 

Tomorrow will be a different course as we motor back to our main home. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Patch said:

79 at the Lakes Course in Primm Valley. 39/40, & 29 putts. 

Just a little breezy, and some what warm. Glad the course's mobile starter talked me into using an electric cart. 

Tomorrow will be a different course as we motor back to our main home. 

What in the hell is a "mobile starter"?  Does someone text you to say when you tee off and that it's warm enough to use a cart?

Gorgeous day here in Ohio last Friday, so I left work early to get in a round.  Ended up shooting an 85.

The good: Hit my driver really well on 8 of the 9 times I used it.  That was a huge change from my last round where I was slicing everything.  Despite having three putts on two of the first three holes, I putted really well after that. Good distance control and even made a few long ones.

The not so good:  It was pretty windy again, and I had some issues with iron distance control.  Also had a couple of poor shot selections that cost me quite a bit.

Overall felt like I was hitting the ball well enough to shoot a lower than I did.  Chipped in on 18 for birdie which helped a little bit.  Feel like I'm on the verge of breaking out a really good round, good for me anyway, soon.

Edited by RichWW2
I don't talk good
  • Like 1

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

16 minutes ago, RichWW2 said:

Gorgeous day here in Ohio last Friday, so I left work early to get in a round.  Ended up shooting an 85.

Remember that day well.

It might not stop raining until the Fourth of July at the rate we're going.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Remember that day well.

It might not stop raining until the Fourth of July at the rate we're going.

Not looking good any time soon sadly.  I live down by Yankee and it's usually in pretty good shape thankfully.  I think I've seen you're a member at Kittyhawk? We played the Hawk on Friday.  We played Eagle and Community Hills a few weeks ago.  All have seemed to be in pretty good shape, probably because of all the rain.  Long rough because of all the rain.  Almost had to step on the ball to find it.  Both of the long par 3's on the back were straight into the wind.  Hit my 175 club about 150 yards on 13, and my 220 club about 195 on 17.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

23 minutes ago, RichWW2 said:

Long rough because of all the rain.

Well that and getting Kittyhawk's grounds crew going always seems to be a problem in the spring. I guess the City gives them the same resources as Madden and Community and then expects them to cover three courses the same. Played Miami Shores up near the house the other week and it was so nice. Can't do it all the time, but its a nice change of pace.

31 minutes ago, RichWW2 said:

Both of the long par 3's on the back were straight into the wind.  Hit my 175 club about 150 yards on 13, and my 220 club about 195 on 17.

A lot of those par 3s out there get mean when the wind is up. Eagle No. 8 is another one like that. Just got to club up and try to keep it low.

With the way my sciatica has been acting up, I've only been able to hang for 9 holes. So yesterday I did some short game work since it's been sucking bad and and played 9 today. I shot a 45 with 2 pars and a birdie #fistpump.

The Good: Driver, putting, and bunker play. 

The Bad: Chipping again. If I could have gotten the ball closer, I could have gotten perhaps 3 par saves.

The Ugly: Inconsistent iron play. I had a short stretch where I couldn't get the ball in the air. Then put it in the bunker. Fortunately my 64 wedge and putter came through.

Still I had fun. 2 pars and a birdie for me in 9 holes is good. I've learned to play with zero f***s to give. Getting into trouble on the 9th hole in the woods and managing a GIR and a par was a nice way to end it.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 6/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, gjunkie57 said:

I played in AZ this week and it was 104 degrees!

Cooler than the 115 last week!

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Friday shot at Logger's Trail - a very nice local here.

a tail of two different games for sure

windy, but it's always windy there and always from the same direction.

Front 9 of 41.  first 8 holes were crap -  Couldn't save par from short, couldn't hold my drives in fairway.  But I did hit an amazing downwind drive on one hole #5 - but couldn't get up and down from 30 yards so a par there.  Duffed a 2nd shot after a good drive on 8.  But, #9 is a beautiful dog leg right par 5 requiring driver to the corner and then with a long 2nd leg with water down the left and a green with water around 3 sides.  I don't do better than bogie typically - par is rare.  Hit a perfect drive with tailwind to the corner so I had 250 to the green (normally you play safe left to get a good layup).  I hit 3w even with the risk (the day was crappy, why not) - caught it clean and it rolled up the center, missed all the water.  2 putted from the fringe for a birdie - 1st ever on that hole.

2nd nine much better - other than messing up after a great drive on 10, I had 3 birdies, (8 of 9 fairways), the hardest hole (435 into the wind, 3 tier green) I missed hard right into a tall hump with deep grass, hooked the 2nd shot into the left rough and then got up and down for par (I never par this hole).  I drove a 330 yard green with a downwind drive for birdie (eagle putt short) and then birdied the long par 3 17th (which I usually leave with a double) and finished birdie.  so a 36 on the back (3 birds, 3 bogies).

fun time - hitting the #18 birdie putt right before the rain arrived....

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Desert Mirage is a nice course for short game practice, even if it needs better care.  28.9/89 1867 yards. 9 holes

36 total with 6 Bogies, 2 Par, 1 Bird. Could (should) have had 2-4 more pars if I would have putted with more confidence.

2 GIR, 5 FIR, 15 Putts, 0 Penalties

On to a longer course this weekend.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

06/21/19

After 25 ball warm up, which went quite well, especially driver and 7i, I was off to a full 18 holes

5500 yards, 65.30/111, Par 72, Played forward tees. 86º at first tee.

My results: 91 Hcp 17, Net 74, 2 Par, 13 Bogies, 3 DB, 4 Penalty strokes, 33 Putts, 3 GIR, 9 FIR

A good round, I felt,  on a course that was totally new to me.  The course layout was good for my Draw/Pull stroke and even the more strong pulls did not really come into play.  Biggest thing, for me today, was playing the course well, based on club selection. I needed to go back a club as I approached the 125 mark to the green.  I often went beyond the green by a lot, 6+ yards.  My chips continue to need to get a bit more loft so they do not run as much.

I am still adjusting to how much further my e12 ball flies compared to the usual play of the range balls.  In combination with that aspect, I more, then once (that is, many a shot), needed to not try to muscle the swats.  This was a result, I am sure, of a wrong measures to the green.  I forgot to take my phone with me on the course, so I did not have a GPS reading or a range finder read, as I do not own one.

91 is at the lower end of my usual round, so I am happy.  I suspect it will get well under 90 as I play this course more often.

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

97 again today at Grandview Golf Course. 52 front and 45 back. 4 one putts, 11 two putts and 3 three putts. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 3 bogeys, 7 doubles and 3 triples. I hit 9 fairways and 4 of my misses were either pulls or pull hooks. 1 push. My handicap trend is down 1 so I suppose that's good, at least.

Played with our normal Friday afternoon 5-some.   As usual, one two man team played the other 3 guys in their 3 different two man teams.  Means I played 2 different 4-ball matches.

So...the guys we played against shot 84 and 86 respectively.  I shot 76.  AND I FREAKING LOST MONEY!!!

I’m not amused...   🤨

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Played with our normal Friday afternoon 5-some.   As usual, one two man team played the other 3 guys in their 3 different two man teams.  Means I played 2 different 4-ball matches.

So...the guys we played against shot 84 and 86 respectively.  I shot 76.  AND I FREAKING LOST MONEY!!!

I’m not amused...   🤨

You need to bring your accountant along...

97 again at Grandview today. That's three 97s in a row. 5 pars. 5 bogeys. 6 doubles and 2 triple or worse bogeys. I need to concentrate on them blowup holes. I hit 9 fairways and 3 GIR. Lots of room for improvement but another fun day even with the light sprinkles we had for a few holes.

• Like 1

Last Thursday, a 78. Then the wheels started coming off. Friday - 83, Saturday - 87, Sunday - 80, and yesterday, back to a 78. I hope those 80's were just a hiccup. To the driving range today for practice, and then more golf Wednesday through Monday.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I have never replied to this thread before, because the last 9 months I have been dreadful, and not playing to my handicap. I joined a new club, and the course is so much tighter, and totally unforgiving. To be honest, I think the old course I was playing on complimented my golf. The last week or so I have been playing better, and yesterday I shot two under net. Of course, next time out may not be so good, but I am enjoying the glory while it lasts. 

• Like 1

- Simon Hornsby