IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 43-43-86 in a BB match and my 14 handicap did me no good. If I made a few more makeable putts we might have made it close but we got destroyed by a 3 who shot a 2-under 70 and a 7 who shot a 4-over 76 with two balls OB. The 3 was 4-under after 10 and we were 4 down and we could never get it closer. It was fun to watch but a tough way to try to come back when a 2-putt par on a tough hole would only get a half because the other guy hit it two feet for birdie. He's about 5'6" and 145 soaking wet but generates uncommon clubhead speed. He won't be a 3 for long, as his last two rounds were both 2-under. 

Edited by phan52

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I only had time for 9 yesterday in between taking my son to get his driver's license and going to the Reds game last night.  The 49 I shot wasn't the best score of the year, but it was the best I have played given the course difficulty differences. I had 2 triple bogies a a missed 4 foot par putt that hurt. Best part was no awful drives, although there were no great ones either. OTT pulls on irons hurt more than the driver.

• Like 1

War Eagle!

56 minutes ago, The Flush said:

I only had time for 9 yesterday in between taking my son to get his driver's license and going to the Reds game last night. 

If you had to cut a round short at least you got to see a winner last night.

Great heads up running by Puig.

• Like 1

Another weird round. 83 (40-43). 2 birdies, 6 pars, 7 bogeys, and 3 doubles. Putting was still giving me fits today. I think I 3 putted 5 of those greens today.

Well, I have tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to work on it until my next day off from golf.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Forgot to post the round from last week. 43 (+7) that was actually even better than the score indicates. Only 2 bad holes, and one was just my touch being total crap again leading to a +3 on a par 3. Was able to birdie a hole that always seems to eat my lunch though. 390 yard hole, with a elevated fairway that slopes down about 280y from the tee. Blasted drive straight down the middle left myself 85y in. Approach wasn't great but made the right tier of the green but 20 ft slight downhill putt that I was lucky to make because I hit it a bit too hard.

I think part of why I'm doing decent is that I'm putting no thought into playing, not putting any pressure on myself to score just trying to swing nicely and make contact. I've found I'm having a lot more fun than I was when I was trying hard to improve.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My 9 holes today had it's ups and downs. I started the round out using my 5 iron off the tee. 

1st hole - par 4 - par; 2nd hole - par 5 - birdie; 3rd hole - par 3 - par

I took out my driver - 4th hole - par 4 - triple; 5th hole - par 5 - double; 6th hole - par 3 - quad; 7th - par 4 - double

Back to 5 iron - 8th hole - par 4 - par; 9th hole - par 5 - bogey.

I think sometimes it's best to leave the driver in the bag. 4,5,and 7 I put the tee shots in the woods. Being on the short grass makes a difference.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 7/3/2019 at 1:19 PM, mcanadiens said:

If you had to cut a round short at least you got to see a winner last night.

Great heads up running by Puig.

It was a great game, but getting home after 1AM reminds me why we don't go to many games.

War Eagle!

Got a quick 9 holes in yesterday at a course a mile from my house named Yankee Trace.  Was originally just going to hit some balls at the range since I hadn't touched a club in a few weeks, but the weather was nice and there were very few people on the course, so I figured what the heck.  Started out with a nice double bogey at the first by driving straight into a tree and then three putting.  Was 3 over after two holes.  Turned it around finished the last 7 holes 1-over with two bogeys and a birdie on the par 5 9th.  Outside of the terrible tee shots on 1 and 2, I couldn't get a good rhythm putting. But other than that felt pretty good.  Ended up with a 40, that easily could've been lower had I drained a few putts.  Going out tomorrow somewhere if the weather holds out.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

60/52 = 112 (yes you read that correctly). I knew after the 3rd hole that I just didn't have it. A tough, hilly course that I was unfamiliar with. But I couldn't hit anything longer than a 6 iron for some reason. So at over 6,100 yds I was done for early. Back to the range and my usual easy tracks for a while to regain some confidence.

• Like 1

Woeful display at my local club comp day 50+ golfers and I'm sure I would have the worst nett score 88

+16 --101 gross (worst score in years)

really bad draws to pulls of the tee all day ... weak weak golf ... putting was the only good part of the game

lost for words - felt really good , solid practice yesterday and stress-free warm-up -- great golfing conditions .. just can't seem to play during mid winter months >>

Go Foxy Go

Had a personal best yesterday: 73, which is a 2.3 differential at my par 71 course from the blue tees. Driving the ball well, short irons good, mid irons OK, putting real good. Double bogey on last hole! It wasn't nerves.

Edited by Carl3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

85. Solid round for me, ended the front 9 with my only two doubles which sucked. But finished the back 9 with a 41 and had 2 birdies so I'll take it.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Friday - Willingers 77 (36/36, 41/36)  Great play after two crappy last rounds.  I still have zero pitch/chip game - apparently the way around that is to avoid putting my self in the position need to get up and down.  It's worth a scoring swing of 10-15 strokes for me.

front nine one bogie, one birdie.  back nine 5 bogies.  I beat another 'trouble hole' that I've always had issues with - 6 foot birdie opportunity - missed it, but the issue has alway been the approach #12 and I nailed it.  #16 is my other and I had a great drive and a short approach and still choked on it.  next time.

I think I hit nearly every fairway.  And every par 3 green.  helps so much.  With my crappy short game, I'm the test case for the benefits of fairways hit and GIR - practicing my short games won't improve my handicap, but it would mitigate the damage when I'm not playing my best.....

My putting improvements are holding steady - I think I found something that's staying with me.  that's cool

Bill - 

9 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

With my crappy short game, I'm the test case for the benefits of fairways hit and GIR - practicing my short games won't improve my handicap, but it would mitigate the damage when I'm not playing my best.....

Talk to Tiger Woods about chipping yips, circa 2015.

29 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Talk to Tiger Woods about chipping yips, circa 2015.

I don't think that would help.

Bill - 

It was hot (90+?) and humid here on Saturday, so why not play 18?  Shot an 87.  Couldn't get anything going.  Was blasting my driver and 3 wood off the tee.  My iron game struggled some. I was making solid contact but pulling the ball a little, and since the weather was hot, the ball was flying a good 5-10 yards further than I feel it usually goes.  My putting was easily the worst it's been all year.  Still didn't have a good rhythm and was missing my line by a lot.  I'll have to work on that before I go out again.  Easily could've shot several few strokes lower, but I ran out of gas on the last two holes and triple bogeyed both.  Overall not a bad day.  Can't wait to get back out.

Edited by RichWW2

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

94 today, 46/48.  Approach shots terrible, and 4 putted a par 5 for a 7.  Yep, a GIR and 4 put. 

The good.   I shot a 100 on this course a few days ago so it was better.  

44-43 from the blues at Bunker Hill this morning. 

Little tired, no sleep...but 87 marks my best round at that course. So I can't complain, despite leaving quite a few shots out there.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)