IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Another 43 last night, could easily have been 40 because I missed 3 4-5ft putts on the high side. Line was good but just too much speed. Short game is still letting me down a bit, but I'll take how I'm doing now and run with it. Short game will probably come around.

• Like 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 74 yesterday.  Could easily have been an 84 but I sank all my putts under 8 feet, hit a lot of GIRs, didn't stray from the fairway much.

Just giving all of you a bit of a hard time... the "ifs" are always there.  But if you had made more putts or hit more greens you might have flubbed more chips, found more trees, plinked into more water.  It all evens out.

Golf is a crazy game.  We need to accept our scores (in a zen-like fashion), have a beer or gin & tonic and move on... to the practice area where we work on our "ifs".

Finally had a decent Tournament, despite 4-putting my first hole.  77 (6.5 differential).  My handicap is almost as high as @Pretzel's, although I like to think I have earned it thru age, infirmity, and general poor play.

Brian Kuehn

Weekly tuesday morning golf round 86, 47/39.  Caught fire on the back nine. Driver adequate, chipping close saved some up and downs and chipped in for a birdie on a par 4.  

Played 9 holes earlier this morning . Shot a +3, 39 for my effort. Having just14 putts was the highlight for that 1/2 round. 

Just a nice easy 9 holes, with a few lucky, one putt pars thrown in, makes for a good time.

Will probably play the back 9 later today, since it's already paid for.. 

The above was Tuesday's round that didn't post up for some reason. Just adding on to it.

I did play the back 9 yesterday for a 42, with 18 putts. Nothing wierd went on. 

Played 9 holes this morning, on the other local course. Shot a 44. Not one of my better efforts since I consider this the  easier course of the two. Not going blame the wind

Will play the second nine after it cools off a little. This being a wide open course, hopefully the wind will die down a little. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Been really frustrated with the game lately. Gone from the low 70's to the mid 80's.

7/3 - 83, 7/4 - 84, 7/5 - 78, 7/6 - 79, 7/7 - 86, 7/8 - 81

Then today I just said screw it, just go out and have fun. It doesn't matter. 3 under going into the last 5 holes and end up bogeying 3 of them for a respectable 72, even par (36-36).

3 birdies, 12 pars, 3 bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I shot 72.

Granted, it was a par 54 short course, but that is bogey golf, something I have not been acquainted with as of late.  And, it would have been even better if I hadn't blown up with a 7 on the final hole, which is 190 yards with a forced carry of about 170 yards over water.  Up until that point, I had only double bogeyed the first hole.  Everything else had been a bogey or a par.  Most of the shots I hit were right on line, and just came up a club or so short.  Also, i only teed up the ball on four of the holes to play them as par threes.  On all of the other holes, I dropped the ball and played them as if they were approach shots from the fairway.

I took a lesson about a week ago, and it really helped me make more consistent contact for the entire round.  He also helped me with my alignment, which was about 20 degrees right of my actual target line.  It's amazing how hitting the ball solidly, and in the right direction takes pressure off of the rest of my game.  I plan on trying to get in for another lesson tomorrow because I am going to be playing at Cobblestone in Kennesaw on Monday.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Played 9 holes earlier this morning. Carded a (+5) 41, with 16 putts, and 4 pars.

Not a bad effort, but I'm sure I left 1 or 2 strokes out there some where. 

Will play the other 9 when the 105*f sun gets a little lower in sky.

Our two local courses charge one very affordable price for either 9, or 18 holes. This allows us to split the 18 holes into the two, less heated parts of the day. 

In My Bag:

Shot 81,81,82 the last three games. Could not get over the hump to break 80. 

Kind of encouraging because it was so close but still a little bit disappointed especially the last two rounds. 

I messed up the 18th hole last game, shot 3 over at par 5 after playing even for 9 straight holes ( 1 birdie and 1 bogey). Just mis hit the 2nd shot after a perfect tee shot smh.

The round before that I had 3 over at par 5 at the 17th hole also 😞

Knowing even bogey could have me my best score or breaking 80 are making me a little nervous and messed up my rhythm a little bit I guess.

But after all I am scoring well, my index will go from 11.9 to 10.1 next week so I should not complain much. Just keep on working and I will break 80 in no time 😄 

Played an early 9 holes today with a good friend. Carded a 40, with 15 putts. 

Shot of the day was a 20' foot chip in for a par. 

Most likely will play the other 9 later today. This will give me 90 holes for the week. I have been golf busy the past 5 days..  Surprisingly, I feel pretty good. No real soreness any where. -

In My Bag:

Thought I was going to pick up where I left off on Wednesdays round of 72, even par. Played the first 9, and going into 9 was even, 2 birdies, 4 pars, 2 bogeys. Bogeyed number 9, for a respectable 37. Then the wheels came off. Back 9, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 double bogeys for a 45. I'm thinking it must be the heat. I think I lost focus and concentration on the back.

Tomorrows round will be interesting in that it's an afternoon round, temps probably in the mid to high 90's with 90% humidity.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I shot 3 over tonight. 4 birdies. 4 bogeys and 1 triple. 

Ok. So it was putt putt, but my son was bragging about how he was going to own me. I beat him by 9. 

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Finished up my 90th hole for the past week (5 days) just a little while ago. Looking at the numbers, I averaged 4.51 strokes per hole, along with 1.73 putts per green. These numbers are pretty normal for me. 

Need to mentioned too that most of these 18 hole rounds were split 9 holers, with a few hours between each. 9. This to avoid the hotter part of the days. This probably skewed the numbers a little. 

Hit a lot of good approach shots, and made some nice putts. Hit a few stinkers too. 

Going to take the weekend off, except for my morning practice regimen. I suspect around saturday evening, I most likely will  feel a little soreness in various places. 

Not sure what Monday will bring. Just know the triple digit temps are here for the next few weeks. Wife wants to head north to cooler weather, which sounds like a plan. 

In My Bag:

I don't normally play on weekends to avoid the crowds. However, while in the short game practice area this morning a good friend put a challenge in my face that just couldn't be ignored. His challenge was met, and conquered.

Shot an 85 (45/40) with 35 putts. Not a real good effort on my part, but free lunch effort just the same. I am thinking a bit of fatigue setting in as an issue. 

I just didn't putt well today, while missing some easy ones on the front 9. The rest of my game was just good enough. 

In My Bag:

Played 18 with @mcanadiens today, first full round of the year. I didn't do too badly, lost a few shots here and there due to each part of my game but still played bogey golf at +18, 10 over front and 8 over back. Some bad drives, some bad approaches, some dumb missed putts, but way more good shots than I have any right hitting with as little as I've played. Was warm but tolerable even walking.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My most recent scores since joining this forum and playing golf in general again after like a 8-10 year hiatus.

6/25: 41

7/3: 41

7/10: 45 - My slice flared up out of no where here, which is very weird to think about..I figured it would have been on my first round instead of after playing a few rounds.

7/14: 87 - First round of 18 since playing again, I was pretty much in scramble mode the whole round. Having to hit recovery shots and sink 6-8ft putts to save face and not make an abomination out of the scorecard! I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on my self as I'm just getting started again but I know what it's like to shoot in the 70s so it's still a hard pill to swallow! We'll get it back..just gotta get the rounds in and play/practice more!

:titleist:

The cart went out in 33, and came back in 33, for a team score of 66.  This was on a par 61 executive course and beat our previous best score by two shots.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."