IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Haven't posted in a while, moved to Vegas last month and have still been able to get out on a regular basis. Haven't gotten to practice as much as I like and got into a mini-slump with my swing. The course is also more difficult than my club in San Diego.

Played in a few tournaments. The SCGA Mid-AM was at Lakeside and maybe the best conditioned course I've ever played and a first class event. Before the event I worked on a little different feel in the takeaway, fought trusting it under the gun, fought my swing every shot and hit it horribly. Have been able to turn it around in a short amount of time.

Here's basically all the rounds since we've moved. Good to see my handicap start to become more realistic.

IMG_3828.PNGIMG_3829.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played the Mount Whitney course in Lone Pine, Ca today. 

Just a little 9 hole affair, with lots of trees, and some what bumpy fairways. 

I paid for the "all day" play they offer. Had the place to myself for the most part. 

Didn't keep score. Just stroked, and putted the ball as needed. Don't even know how many holes I played.  At one point, being the only one on the course, I would just pick a flag I could see, not in rotation, and play to it. 

Just a fun day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

40/41 today. Opened with 3 putt bogeys at 1 and 3. Didn’t make a putt all day. My lone birdie was a chip and putt at 9 from the rough just off the green I nearly drove. Ice cold 36 putt round today squandering 9 GIR.

Edited by Dunit507
Extra

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I shot a 39/37 for a +6 76 and during the round i was frustrated but afterwards it felt like I shot -6. Most of my strikes were abysmal but my short game saved me and gave me quite a few chances to save par, but my putting really cost me. I had way too many 3 putts. The first couple holes i had an excuse because honestly the greens were nowhere near as slow as the practice green but after about 3 holes it was boiled down to me making bad strokes. One hole I’m proud of is a 196 yard par 3 i took a 6 iron and hit it high on the face and came up short in the water then damn near holed out my 3rd shot from the tee and walked away with bogey. 

Man, I can really feel my game coming together but I need to keep practicing. I HATE when i mishit the ball. I can deal with directional misses but I hate it when I don’t hit the center of the face.

Edited by freshmanUTA

73 today. Hit it good enough to shoot under par, was just a little off on some yardages and start lines.

Mike McLoughlin

Played 18 at the Furnace Creek GC a little while ago. Shot an 80 (40/40) with 29 putts. 

Fairways are pretty firm , I was able to hit a lot punch shots into the greens. This set up some easier, shorter putts. 

Played with a couple of old friends. Some more friends will be showing up later today. This is our annual get together in the hot weather. 

My "lucky" shot of the day was a par 5 eagle. I had 100+/- yards to the pin. I hit a pretty good 9i, just wanting to get on the green. The ball landed right of the pin, bounced left, and rolled into the cup. That was $15 skins shot. 

It was a good ball striking day for my clubs, and I

In My Bag:

Shot an 87 today.  Have had a string in the 80's just lately and ball striking has improved. 3w is now my go to club off all the par 5's and most of the 4's. At some point I am sure I will start using more drivers again but the miss is just too costly right now.  My short game has improved and so has my putting but our club has these plastic rings in the top of all the holes and as a result, anything on the edge always rolls away so that doesn't help. Anyway index is down to 16.3 again.

Finished up an early morning round with our group. It was a "smack talk" round between us all.

The 4 some behind us (part of our group) wanted to play through. We wouldn't let them, because that would have put us down wind of them.

Carded anotber 80 for my effort. Collected a few skins to break even

Just a bunch of old friends having a good time in the desert heat.  

In My Bag:

Best score to this date!! I was thrill since I struggle in the last couple of game with weight to much in the toes, that result in rounds in mid 90! On top of my 81, I missed the no 6 challenge with only 1 par 4 that I shoot a triple on it!

+5
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 In Total
Distance 350 300 434 160 372 315 318 165 460 2,874 350 300 434 160 372 315 318 165 460 2,874 5,748
Handicap 3 17 11 15 1 9 5 13 7 4 18 12 16 2 10 6 14 8
Par 4 4 5 3 4 4 4 3 5 36 4 4 5 3 4 4 4 3 5 36 72
Ben 4 4 5 2 7 5 5 4 5 41 4 5 5 3 5 4 5 4 5 40 81
Round Score E E E -1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +5 +5 +6 +6 +6 +7 +7 +8 +9 +9 +4 +9
Net Score 4 4 5 2 7 5 5 4 5 41 4 5 5 3 5 4 5 4 5 40 81
Tee Club 1W 1W 1W 5i 1W 4i 1W 5i 1W 1W 1W 1W 5i 1W 4i 1W 5i 1W
Fairways                   57%                   100% 79%
GIR                   33%                   44% 39%
Putts 1 1 2 1 2 2 2 2 2 15 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 17 32
Sand Shots 1 1 2 1 1 2 4
Penalties 1 1 1

Played 12 holes earlier. We left the course early.  There was some lightening in the general area. Not really close to us, but better safe than sorry. At 9am the temp was already near 100*f. The humidity was noticeably high. Perfect makings for some thunder storms.

Probably pick it back up later, weather permitting. 

Had a good round going, with a 54, with 20 putts. Just playing consistent golf. Had a couple of skins in my pocket.

One of the guys managed to get an ace on a par three. His first one. It will cost him. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Played 9 holes on Tuesday. Shot 52. Brutal. 23 putts. I usually have 16 for 9 holes. 7 putts - the difference between a 45 and a 52. The lag putts were fine. I was missing the short putts usually left which means I was probably playing the ball a little bit forward than usual resulting in a slight pull on the putts. The speed on them was fine. They just went about 1/4" left of the hole. Time to hit the practice green.

Ball striking could have been better, too, but I can hack my way around and get a 45 for 9. HItting the range tomorrow.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Not to be pedantic, or even rude, but counting total putts tells you almost nothing.  If you have a lot of GIR's your putt total will generally go up.  On the other hand, if you miss greens, and chip/pitch up close and make those 2 footers your total putts will make you look like a pro.  That stat is misleading.

Strokes gained putting.  That's the stat that'll let you know how well you're putting.  

Use this tool to calculate the strokes gained metric for any round of golf. Track your putting improvement.

68 on Wednesday from the blue tees (6400) and 72 yesterday from the black tees.

No golf today 😑

Mike McLoughlin

Shot a personal best (tied) at my local par 35 9 hole course last night with a 37.  Lipped out a putt on the 9th for a 36, and left a putt half an inch short on another hole that could've made the round better.  I did make one 15-20' putt that helped save a par, but otherwise it was pretty much GIR or nGIR the whole round for some "boring" golf.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

80 (8.6 diff)

FW: 14/14

GIR: 9/18

nGIR: 7/9

putts: 36 (2 one-putts, 2 three-putts)

still had a “6” on the card! 🥺

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Finished up our annual "Round In Hell" get together. It was a good round for all of us. No one died from the heat anyways. 114 in the shade is what our on board thermometer was reading. 

Shot an 82 in route to losing $20 in skins. 40/42/31. 

Shot of the day was a near miss on a par three. Left myself with 3" tap in for a bird. That tap in probably saved me couple hundred bucks in celebration monies. Then again, another HIO would have probably been worth it. 

It was pretty warm playing conditions. Luckily we have two retired MDs in our group. We were in good hands. Proper hydration was the key to our survival.....lol

In My Bag: