IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

91 - stonebrooke golf course - shakopee, mn.  71.5/137, 6,430.

the actions the got me here are just not unusual.  I think anything that is between 79 and 92 is in the cards.  That’s a big part of my problem.   I just don’t know what I’m gonna bring to the course.  And when it’s bad, it spirals out of control. 

Only lost 1 ball off the tee, which was off hole 1.  Shanked two approaches into the water. Blades two chips over the green (coincenentally, water past the green both times.).    Putted 10ft past the hole twice.   Just an all around bad day.   It happens.  It’s in the past.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 83 on a par 72 course on Friday, which is 2.5 strokes better than my HI, but I wasn't happy with the round. Well, let's say I wasn't happy with my score! From tee to green I was quite happy. I don't know where my approach game and wedge play came from that day, but it's the best it's been this season. I gave myself all kind of opportunities for birdie, but a gang of 3 jacks led to the 83! 

For whatever reason, I just could not putt that day. This is an older course built in the 60's, and the greens feature a lot of "tilt". Also, it's been hot and dry here lately, so the greens were pretty fiery. Even with an uphill, right to left breaker, a putt I normally love, I had no luck. I hit a lot of "shepherd's crook" putts uphill. They'd break across the face, or behind the hole, and start to come back to me! And woe be unto you if your approach left you above the hole! 

My most recent round was at Pierce Lake Golf Course.  Shot 77 (69.6/131).  Generally played well but had a little bit of everything: great drives, flubbed fairway woods, pin point iron shots, fat wedge into the penalty area, etc...  I birdied three of the four closing holes to turn a meh round into one that made me feel pretty good.

Brian Kuehn

New day at a new course. Par 71, 5297 yards, played from forward tees. My score 90:  44 Out 46 In

0 Birdies, 4 Pars, 9 Bogies, 5 double

Penalties 4 Out of Bounds (all to the left) 4 swimming.

Conditions: 83º at tee off and humid (for AZ).  There was no significant winds to fight. At the start, course was damp from storms last night. seemed much drier as the round went on. No standing water.

Many of my problems were due to not knowing the course.  I went for what I though would be good for the next shot, only to pay too far left or placed myself near a tree or pond (and in a few). I will be playing this again soon.  Seems like a course that fits my game well.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Played one of the Lake Tahoe courses today. Shot an 84 for my effort.  (43/41/32). +4 over my personal target score

No real bad shots, but no real good ones either. Missed a few skinny fairways, and a few putts.

Funny. Just a few days ago I was playing in high triple digit temps. Today's high was in the low 70s. Started the round in the high 60s.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

43-37 for an 80.

Another round where I ruin my scorecard in the first 3 holes. Went 8 over through 3. It was bad.. Hole 1 I striped my driver but aimed too far to the right since my typical shot is a pull draw. Proceeded to bode the wedge over the green, hit a tree, then get stuck behind another, chipped to the side to give myself an angle, bladed the chip across the green then chipped to about 6 feet and missed the putt for a 7. Hope 2 I drove it into the water because to be fair I gunned the hazard and my range finger said 315 and I thought I didn’t have a chance of hitting it but upon reaching the hazard I shot back to the golfer behind me and it said 265 so I’m not sure what I actually gunned. Re-Teed into the rough, left myself 165 out into the wind I hit a 7 iron and smoked it by the green, hit the cart path and went in the water behind the green. dropped behind the green shot to about 4 feet and sank the putt for a 9. I then made 4 pars, a bogey and a birdie. +8 front.

Made the turn and immediately bogeyed, made 6 pars in a row, then birdied the 17th and double bogeyed to finish. +2 back.

+10 80.

Edited by freshmanUTA

Played 2 rounds last fri and sat. One was at my friend’s course which I have always played awful in our head to heads there. I typically have putting disasters. Managed 32 putts and beat him 40-42 on front but I shot 47 on back and eventually lost. Only 3 putted one green tho and wasn’t all that sad. Next day another course in the area I’m not that familiar with. 38/40 on a par 70 layout that is not all that tough. Was happy to get through with 27 putts. Didn’t have my best ball striking day but 9 up and downs will make the scorecard look a little better!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Local 18 hole course.  Was hitting well for the most part.........  ended with a 90, not counting the 3 Mulligans......  LOL

1 3 putt - 3 1 putt - the rest were all 2 putts.......  Happy with that........ Several nice drives and follow up shots.

Beautiful day to be out on the course.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Intended to just work on the range with my wonky driver, but got roped into subbing in a two-man scramble league afterward.

Thanks largely to my much-stronger partner we finished even with a bogey and a birdie.

I seemed to hit some ok shots on the range, but only managed two decent drives in nine holes when it counted. Lost a ridiculous three balls to hazards.

Other than a couple of odd shots, my only significant contribution were a couple of putts in the 10-12 foot range for a birdie and a par-save. Sad day when my putting is the strongest part of my game. 

Got in 9, "chilly"  holes this morning before we start heading towards NorCal.

Carded a +4, 40. 5 pars,  4 B-1s, and 16 putts. Missed a couple of makeable putts, I did. Maybe it was cool morning grass on the greens. 

Hit some nice drives, hitting, and staying in 7/9 fairways. The two missed ones were not that bad. 

Where ever our next golf stop is, I am going to put in some practice on my putting. I seem to be developing a little issue I need to look at. Not really worried about yet

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

1st round with a ball switch. Clean round as in no doubles but shot 83. 11 bogeys and 8 pars. Just fighting it with my driver for the last couple rounds but making a score with my short game.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

For some reason, I can't play the back nine now. Last four rounds:

41-46-87   39-45-84  40-47-87  42-46-88

Everyone at my club believes that the back nine is easier. It may be shorter, but I contend it is harder because it requires all your clubs. Mistakes are more penal and I've been making plenty of them. I won't be breaking 80 this year if this keeps up. 

Bill M

12 minutes ago, phan52 said:

For some reason, I can't play the back nine now. Last four rounds:

41-46-87   39-45-84  40-47-87  42-46-88

Everyone at my club believes that the back nine is easier. It may be shorter, but I contend it is harder because it requires all your clubs. Mistakes are more penal and I've been making plenty of them. I won't be breaking 80 this year if this keeps up. 

Perhaps that back 9 does not fit your game as well as the front 9. Golf is a game of adjustments. Maybe changing the way you approach that back 9 might help your score. 

In My Bag:

5 hours ago, Patch said:

Perhaps that back 9 does not fit your game as well as the front 9. Golf is a game of adjustments. Maybe changing the way you approach that back 9 might help your score. 

I struggled with the back at my normal home track for a while. Went out and started on 10 a couple times to play it while I was fresh. Built up my confidence on a few of the holes I struggled with. 

69 on Wed at Half Moon Bay Ocean course and 65 yesterday at Pasatiempo from the back tees.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

69 from the black tees. 7 birdies, one double and two bogeys.

IMG_4009.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram