IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played the back twice today due to leagues getting off to a slow start. Could be a blessing. Club champ is end of September and the back is def my worse of the 2 sides. Playing it and focusing more on some of the trouble holes could be a good thing. Shot 42 the 1st time through. 38 the 2nd. Drove the ball pretty well. Putted well. Ran some chips way too far past but again my issue of the last couple months is bad misses from 100 yards out. Can’t figure out why I’m struggling to hit greens that I should not miss. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t know what clicked, but I’m glad I played 9 after school today. Teed it up about 4:45:

1) 5W, 6I to right of green, chip in for bird

2) Driver to right rough, PW short, up-and-down for par

3) 9I to green, two-putt for par

4) 3W, 4H, 9I to green, two-putt for par

5) 5W to left rough, PW over green, chip on, two-putt for bogey

6) Driver to right trees, 7I punch, PW short, chip up, two-putt for double

7) 8I to green, two-putt for par

8 ) 4H hook, PW punch-out, up-and-down from 120 for par

9) 3W to right rough, 4H up fairway, GW onto front of green, two-putt for par

TOTALS

Course: Par 36, 2910 yards

Score: 38 (+2)

FIR: 2/7

GIR: 3/9

Putts: 14

I shot a 40 from the blues at this same course back in May. Guess the record didn’t stand for too long.😁 Seriously though, as a sophomore in high school AND an 18 HCP at that, I’m thrilled with a 38. 

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Finally after good few rough round played a much better game today

solo play so 3hr game not 4-5hrs of painful waiting for slow play....

score on harder than my local course 43/43 - 86

nett - 69 (PAR72)

37 putts 

2x shots added from 1x lost ball

over solid play in much softer conditions than I'm used to at my local ..which gave me much more confidence with my strokes

b

Go Foxy Go

I had the most solid round ever today! 

I shot an 84 on my home course in Denmark and I was playing really good, I didn't have a single double bogey all day, just pars and bogeys all around. Damn that felt good!

Played Canyon Springs in Twin Falls ID today. 70/120/6700. 

I happily sucked with an 88, (44/44) with 35 putts. I say "happily sucked" because I just enjoyed the scenery. Just didn't have the need to focus. 

Missed some makeable putts for the most part. I did hit some nice 7Ws however. No GIRs, and very few fairways.

This course is in the Snake River Canyon, a little ways north of Twin Falls.. Just a beautiful course, although there's nothing really fancy about it. I have driven past it several times. The one time I did stop to play, it was closed due to high river water. 

They also had something else going on the course. Almost didn't get out. 

Another distraction was one of the guys I golfed with. After swapping some memories, we found we served some military time together, (different branches) but didn't remember each other. Just some regrettable/forgetable events for us.

He wants to play at the local, membership country club tomorrow. He's a member, and can "guest" me on. We'll see what my better half has to say about staying an extra night, as we were to head back into Nevada tomorrow.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Well, it wasn't today, but yesterday, that I shot 78 at Pine Lakes GC in Hubbard, OH! I've been flirting with breaking 80 recently and it finally happened! I enjoyed the best ball striking round I've had in a while. Oddly enough, it wasn't because of anything new, but because of something old. But that's a subject for a different page. 

And yes, I will be applying for a "Broke 80" prize!

• Like 2

I shot a messy 79 today but it's pretty crazy for me to think I can kinda play shitty and break 80 now when my best rounds like season were in the lower/mid 80s.  I also put some supersofts into play today for the first time which probably cost me a few strokes just based on trying to adjust for the 8-10 extra yards of carry they gave me with my irons and the lack of spin on my chips, but I'm still very intrigued by the extra carry

• Like 1

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Played a roadside course today that advertised itself as winning a "best course to play for under $50". Well, it's no longer "under $50" but it's still a pretty decent course. Mid week is cheaper I believe. 

Jack Pot Nevada Golf Course. 18 holes, 6900 yards, 70/122 +/-. It was carts only, as walking is not allowed. At least not on weekends I guess.

Carded an 80 (39/41/32 putts). Nothing really good, but no poor shots either. Just pars, and bogey 1s. 

Golfed with another traveler on his way north. He shot a 74 which was fun to watch. He was a long knocker with a good short game. 

Little different conditions, as the weather was a little cooler, and their was some spatters of rain. 

We'll hit the road tomorrow to meet up with some relatives in Wendover. Might be a golf course there. Plan is to be on my (Granddaughter's) home course by the weekend.....

• Like 1

In My Bag:

Played some golf in Western, MA this week.

71 at CC of Pittsfield (Donald Ross), 73 at Berkshire Hills CC (Tillinghast) and 72 today at Taconic Golf Club.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played 2 rounds this weekend. 

Shot 92 at Eagle Crest Golf Club in Ypsilanti, MI.

Shot 97 at Carrington Golf Club in Monroe, MI. 

Played the white tees for both. Very long, slow rounds with lots of waiting (5 hours each). Brutal. 

• Like 1

- Mark

Played the Toana Vista GC with my nephew. He and my niece wife drove over from the SLC area. 

It's located in one of those out the way places. West Wendover NV. (71/128/6600) arded an 82. (41/41/31) without really trying. My competition was suspect, and very talkative. 

My nephew is one of those guys who can hit the ball a mile, and half, but who's short game is non existent. He did break 100, barely. 

My shot of the day was a  170 yard approach to 3' with my 7W. Made the birdy putt, which was negated by a double on the next hole.  Firm fairway helped out on that one. Also made 15' putt on another hole for a lucky par. 

Started out in 50ish degree weather, and 60 something as we finished up. The weather is changing. Need to get back to the DSW, where mid/high 90s are still hanging around 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Shot an 86 today on my home course. First time i’ve broken 90 in awhile.  

My driver is balky so just played to get it in the fairway.  Short game is on fire so I could get it in the hole without too many doubles.  

Played Dyker Beach out in Brooklyn and shot a 87. It's a par 71 layout and about 6,500 from the back tees. Out 45, in 42. Apart from three jacking a whopping five times, a decently solid round. Three bad holes (triple, double, double ) sprinkled in made it seem a lot worse than it was haha. I've started to gradually reduce these 'brain fart' holes, and hoping in a few months they only happen once or twice a round at max.

After my past 3 nines of 38, 40 and 42, I stunk it up this afternoon with a rotten 52. Did have two pars, though. Both up-and-down, one from about 10 feet off, the other from about 60 yards out. 4-6 was a bad stretch. Best to worst: on 5, right of fairway, hybrid to green, three-putt for bogey. On 6, 80 yards out after tee shot and in rough, ended up with triple. On 4, 3W to right trees, couldn’t find it. 3rd shot also in trees, 4th hit a tree, 5th OB, just went up, dropped and took two strokes. 8th and 9th fatted, 10th on and two-putt for a 12. Rotten round today.

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

25 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

After my past 3 nines of 38, 40 and 42, I stunk it up this afternoon with a rotten 52. Did have two pars, though. Both up-and-down, one from about 10 feet off, the other from about 60 yards out. 4-6 was a bad stretch. Best to worst: on 5, right of fairway, hybrid to green, three-putt for bogey. On 6, 80 yards out after tee shot and in rough, ended up with triple. On 4, 3W to right trees, couldn’t find it. 3rd shot also in trees, 4th hit a tree, 5th OB, just went up, dropped and took two strokes. 8th and 9th fatted, 10th on and two-putt for a 12. Rotten round today.

This has been happening to me lately.  Today I went out with no expectations and shot one of my best scores.  I hate this game so much I’m playing tomorrow.