IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

38 on a par 32 course. Didn't touch a club for over a week before the round and started off slow. Finished birdie, par, par, birdie, so I was happy with that. 

Putting was rough for the first two holes as they just aerated, and its pretty dry so the greens were really bumpy. I adjusted after a few holes though and had nothing more than a two putt. 

Edited by Mesa4234

Played 9 yesterday.  Ended with a 38 on a par 36 course.  Last hole, par 5 and was on in 4, (due to the 2nd shot being a topper and only going 60 yds..),.  and made a 40 ft putt !!!!!

Probably should have done another 9 for a full 18, but, decided to quit while I was ahead !!!  LOL

This doesn't happen enough...…..  LOL

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

71 yesterday, still struggling with the driver, cost me some shots. Putter saved me a few times, made a couple birdie putts from 20-25ft. Put some time in today with the driver, hopefully got it worked out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played the back 9 holes today for a 40, (5 pars/4 bogies) with 14 putts. 

Could of played the back side twice, but another Granddaughter had a soccer game down the street. Time constraints. Momma should of had twins. 

The front 9 is closed for over seeding. It's that time of year around here, and another reason, I take a breather from golf in October. 

Shot of the 1/2 round, was a 30+/- yard pitch shot that found the bottom of the cup. Felt ptetty good about that one. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Had an interesting round today. I've thought I've been struggling lately, but today, it all came around for an even round of 72. Easy to describe - birdied the first hold, pars on the next 16 holes, and bogeyed the last hole. 14 GIR's. Played it smart today, put it in the fairway, forget the pin position, just put it in the middle of the green, and putt smart. I hope I can keep that thought process.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Late update.  Tuesday shot 84, my lowest round on my ‘home’ course.  4 pars, 1 birdie and 13 bogies.  I think this is my first round with no doubles or worse.

Driving was good all around. I am also working my 3 wood into the bag and hit some good shots both off the tee and one from the fairway that landed in the front of the green on a par 5.  

Yesterday actually... I shot 41 on the front nine at Killain Greens. While i wasn't thrilled with the score, the fact it included 2 doubles, 1 bogey and 6 pars did make me feel better about things. When I played my best many years ago, I was known for making lots of pars and just a few birdies or bogeys to determine what my round turned into. I felt a bit like that yesterday morning. It felt good.

So, the big question is... Anyone want to buy my Sand wedge... cheap?

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Not as good as yesterday. Shot an 80 today. Just pretty consistent golf. 40-40, with 1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogeys, and 1 double.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

86 (+15) on a 5000 yard course. My best here is 84. I really need to learn to control my emotions when I face slow players ahead of me. Today it came on hole 13. Waited for another single (walking as was I) to get out of range. Talked to him at the next tee box to see if he had called the rangers about a 4ball that wasnt letting singles play through. He had another single in front of them. Neither of them wanted to join up which didn't make sense. Had the first 12 holes done in 65 minutes, then it took 80-90 minutes fot the last 6 holes. I know that is normal pace, but it is more than twice as slow as I had been going. I'm glad I kept my head in the game enough to finish the round without killing my score

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

An 88 today. Horrible putting. Missed 6 straight par putts from inside 7 feet. I can’t even say well I made a long one that maybe I shouldn’t have. Just plain bad putting. To top it off triple on 18. Ugh. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What happened to Rick?  Did he quit and start spectating for you?!

He had a family emergency.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, Bonvivant said:

86 (+15) on a 5000 yard course. My best here is 84. I really need to learn to control my emotions when I face slow players ahead of me. Today it came on hole 13. Waited for another single (walking as was I) to get out of range. Talked to him at the next tee box to see if he had called the rangers about a 4ball that wasnt letting singles play through. He had another single in front of them. Neither of them wanted to join up which didn't make sense. Had the first 12 holes done in 65 minutes, then it took 80-90 minutes fot the last 6 holes. I know that is normal pace, but it is more than twice as slow as I had been going. I'm glad I kept my head in the game enough to finish the round without killing my score

2 1/2 hours to get around the Dales (I'm assuming) on a Saturday ain't bad. My buddy and I played there that morning and did 3 hours with one slow twosome gumming up our front nine.

So this was my latest stab at breaking 80 on our easy course and it didn't quite come off. 44-38-82. Apparently, I thought it would be funny to push all my tee shots on par 3s on the front side. Put one in the ravine on No. 5 and another on top of the hill on No. 8. Both resulted in doubles. Also didn't make a single putt on  those punched greens.

On the bright side, I managed to par the last six holes in a row. Don't think that's ever happened before.

Edited by mcanadiens

Friday Mississippi National Highlands course - 1 over (Par71, just under 6300 yards) - 1 birdie, 2 bogies.  Ridiculously good striking stats (16 fairways and 17 GIR) the one missed green I got up and down, but I 3 putted on 2 holes for the bogies.  I kept leaving my birdie putts short but on line.  Not my best score ever, but likely the best I've hit.  The ball went where I pointed it - that's unusual.  And the Lob wedge was on fire.  It's a course I really like and know, so that helps - and it was empty.  I continue with this year's theme of not playing as much as I'd like, but when I go I'm beating holes that normally beat me up.

Luckily yesterday Sunday (Deer Run) i reset back to my normal game - not bad (79, but nothing like Friday) - nice course, a bit sterile for my taste.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

18 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

2 1/2 hours to get around the Dales (I'm assuming) on a Saturday ain't bad. My buddy and I played there that morning and did 3 hours with one slow twosome gumming up our front nine.

So this was my latest stab at breaking 80 on our easy course and it didn't quite come off. 44-38-82. Apparently, I thought it would be funny to push all my tee shots on par 3s on the front side. Put one in the ravine on No. 5 and another on top of the hill on No. 8. Both resulted in doubles. Also didn't make a single putt on  those punched greens.

On the bright side, I managed to par the last six holes in a row. Don't think that's ever happened before.

I played Hills and Dales yesterday as a single. 2 hours and 5 minutes on each course. Only got held up 2 times, one on each course for about 3 holes each time. I know that I am nightmarishly fast, but I love being able to play 36 in the time that it takes most to play 18. 

Results were good too. 48-43-91 on the outside and 41-37-78 on the inside. I had a similar stretch on the back 9 of dales (1 birdie 2 bogeys and 6 pars). You'll definitely get that 70 soon if you are playing the whites. I need to see what I can do off the blues there

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Another 79 today, but just a little harder to get there. 43 in the front, followed by a 36 in the back. I just couldn't get started until the 7th hole. Double bogeyed the 3rd hole, and bogeyed the other first 5. Then pars on the last 3 of the front. Followed that in the back with 2 chip in birdies, 2 bogeys, and 5 pars. I just need to keep reminding myself after a bad start, never give up. You never know what's going to happen.