IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Sunday I played Highland National and shot a personal best 76. I've been recovering from a back injury that started the 1st weekend in August. I'm finally pain free but I didn't want to re-injure it so I kept telling myself not to 'over swing' and play an extra club if necessary. Only 1 birdie but I left 3 birdie putts on the edge of the cup and almost chipped in another. 

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 holes yesterday. Back 9 twice. Carded an 80, (39/41) with 29 putts. 

Didn't hit any balls really good, or bad. My putter saved me some grief on a few holes. My 7W also helped out a little. Just a nice easy round.

Golf with a older guy who was playing again after a several year lay off. He had lost a lot of yardage, per club over the years of non play. Examples were his 5i was his 125 yard club, driver 170 yards,  with his pw going about 60 yards. These were all full swings, and I am sure he will gain alot more distance as he gets in better golf swing shape. . 

Thing was, the guy was sccurate as hell. Every shot went straight arrow for him. He shot an 87 

Figured his current game is what I have to look forward to some day. . 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot 87 today, 42/45.  Played the back nine twice as aeration of the front 9 is in progress.  Could have been lower but made some stupid course management decisions on a few holes.  

Upside was two birdies today on hole 10 and 18.  

40/41    81 with 2 birdies and 4, count ‘em, FOUR doubles!

I got skillz...

Played in 2:35 with a 3-some on an empty course though, so at least the pain was short lived!   ;-)

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

16 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

Is UGLY a number?

Yes. And it’s the loneliest.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes. And it’s the loneliest.

I'm old enough to have been a 3 Dog night fan... I thought ONE was the loneliest number...

• Like 2

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

3 over, 75 today. Started out with a double bogey, just wasn't feeling it, but then ended up with 3 bogeys, 12 pars, and 2 birdies. I think I'm a slow starter.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played Salem CC today and shot a 92. Had a good front 9 until the 9th. Rough was difficult and a lot of weird lies. 42 front, 50 back.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

48 for 9 holes w/21 putts. . Played using only my 5W, and my "Enterprise" putter. It wasn't pretty...lol

Only used the 5W as this is part of my new, practice process with it. Trying to get away from topping it too much, and gain some confidence with it. . 

My "Enterprise" putter just because it's a novelty item for me. It putts "proton torpedoes" into a "black hole". 

Still had fun though, which for me is what the game is all about.

In My Bag:

18 holes today at a course I am very familiar with, and, the results showed that well.

I played the forward tees today, which I always have used. So, the yardage today was 5875. Due to the storms of the past few days, there was some casual water, but none of it came into play for me this round.

Score was 82 (10 over Par). This was the frustration of the day, a few better shots here or there I could have beaten 80!  Still, this was the best score of the year 2019 so far.  

I hit 50% of  fairways, another best for me.  And I have become harder on myself in counting fairways for myself.  This aspect has faltered due to poor direction for the last few months. When I missed a fairway it was from controllable reasons.

Of the 4 par three holes, I landed two really drives in good position in the greens. 4 GIR total.

33 putts total 5 of which were close but no cigars on the longest lines. I saved par on 5 primarily to some good putting.

7 of the tee shots were fairly off line, and I had 3 OB from the tee.  As well, I sent one swimming just off the green.  So penalties were, for me, way too plentiful! 

I am working to be ready for a seniors open tournament in November

• Like 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

11 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

3 over, 75 today. Started out with a double bogey, just wasn't feeling it, but then ended up with 3 bogeys, 12 pars, and 2 birdies. I think I'm a slow starter.

That’ll take a stroke or 3 off that 12.7 index.  Well done!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

That’ll take a stroke or 3 off that 12.7 index.  Well done!

Thanks, the trend dropped to an 11.0. They just re-rated our course last week, and bumped up the index and slope ratings.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Okay, first, my teammates and I are having weekly practices, one or two per week, and we hit a bucket after school, then hop in a cart and play 9 holes. One of my teammates and I are having a competition where we play straight up strokeplay, winner gets a point and first to four points wins. Up to this point, it’s 1-1. I started double-double on the first two holes, going 3 strokes down immediately. Then on the par-3 third. We both made the green, his just inside of mine. I two-putt, he three-putts. Now only two down, we head to #4, a par-5. I nail a PW onto the green in three, and he lies three in the woods. He somehow gets down in three, and I three-jack, the hole somehow tied, still two back. On the fifth, I almost chip in for a birdie, but make a par. He made double. All square with four left. I chunked my second shot, and he lies two on the green about 15ft out. I hit a decent pitch on and two-putt for bogey and he three-putts again. Still tied, and on the the par-3 seventh. We both make the green again, his just inside of mine. He says, ‘don’t three-putt this’, and I make the 40-footer I have for a birdie! He two-putts, giving me the lead for the first time. On the eighth, we both miss the green. He makes the up-and-down, and I fail. All tied up with the par-5 ninth to play. After two shots, I sit just to the right of a greenside bunker on the right, and he is in said bunker. I hit a good chip up, to about 8ft, and he leaves his in the trap. He then makes a good out to about 5ft. I lag up my birdie putt, as he is putting for par, then proceed to miss the follow-up par putt! Tap in for six. He had a five-footer for the win, which he misses. Since our competition scores rely on our round scores alone, we’re still tied 1-1, but we decide to do a puttoff to see who wins the day. We pick about a 30-footer, closest to the hole wins, and I hit a decent lag two feet short. He runs his four feet past, giving me the dub. Sorry for the long post, but this was a really good match. Hoping to win our competition! 

SCORES:

Me: 6-6-3-6-4-5-2-5-6=43

Him: 4-5-4-6-6-5-3-4-6=43

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

After a highly forgettable 47-52-99 on Kittyhawk's Hawk Course, I got drafted as an emergency replacement in a 9-hole scramble on the Eagle.

These deals are A-B-C-D format, so it affords me the opportunity to see the best players up close. I think I chipped in one approach shot, a wedge shot and a putt, but mostly I was just along for the ride. I played with Brian Bair who finished second in the City of Dayton stroke play championship. The champion, a guy named Paul Day, was in the group behind us. He apparently shot a course record 62 in his victory. 

It's always something special to see these guys hit the ball.  

Edited by mcanadiens

Played (practiced) another 13 holes yesterday evening. Played 10, and 18 three times. I also played a few holes using 2 balls. 

9 hole, best score was 45 which was better than my last time. I am still only using my 5W, and a putter. Difference this time was I used my 2 ball, mallet putter for 17 putts. 

I want to get these 5w,  9 hole scores consistently around 42/43 strokes. Getting, there but still work to be done. Still topped a couple of balls. 

I played these holes with out teeing the ball up. This, to continue my 5w, off the turf  practice. 

I figure practicing with this 5w club under regular playing condition was better thsn range work. Having different lies/targets to deal with, makes practice more interesting. 

In My Bag:

76 (38-38) today. Each nine were pretty much identical. 1 birdie, 3 bogeys, 5 pars. The worst part of it, was I was going into 17 at 2 over, and bogeyed 17 and 18 with 3 putts.

Shot 92 at The Oaks in Mississippi today.  48 on front and 44 on the back...missed a couple of putts, missed a couple of fairways (really bad).  Hit a few thin, a few fat, and a few just right with the irons.  I am okay with this score, course is not easy.

• Like 1