IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

84, Del Urich in Tucson.  Which might not be great for many of you, but when your previous best round was an 85, it's pretty good!  Left a few out there, a couple of chips out of the thicker stuff around a couple of the greens, but not complaining.  One three putt, but I purposed avoided going over a bunker to a tucked pin on a par three, and paid the price.  Can't really complain about that, either.  Had a few 8-10 foot birdie putts, and made one of them, so that was nice.  I didn't feel like I had my best driving day, but they all got down the course, and stayed out of trouble.  Also, never went in the sand.  I did rinse one on the par three second.  Dropped where it went in, hit a 40 yard wedge to a couple feet, and made a pretty good bogey.  Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow!

Enjoy them, tehuti.  They look clean and shiny.  My clubs look like I have been hitting stuff off the ground with them.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:31 PM, Rkrider99 said:

Just had my best 9 ever,  a 33. 3 birdies and 6 pars. The back 9 wasn't so great. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, and 2 doubles, for a 42. The doubles were my doing. Hit the ground with my driver before the ball, which shoved it deep into some bushes, just off the tee box. Had to take a drop, ended up on the green in 4, but 2 putted for the double. The other was just stupidity. Par 5, with 210 left to the green. proceed to hit a really nice shot, but pushed it right, OB! The other double.  Overall, not a bad score, 75.

This appears remarkable to me.  I realize that I have a long way to go, but four birdies on a single round seems out of this world to me because it usually requires gaining strokes via putting.  Were you plopping your approach shots five feet from the flag, gaining strokes on distance, or are you just a fabulous putter?

-------------------------------------------

93 yesterday, putting was abysmal.  7 GIR, 3-putted four times. 6600 yards, which is far for me.

86 today, shorter, more technical course that I know well.  Putting was a bit better. I still left a few putts out. No stats on GIR, but the approach shots were working and I had a lot of pars and bogeys.

As I rein in my drives for more consistency, I have definitely lost some distance.  I will take the exchange, mind you. But I have to wonder if it is necessary to lose the distance to achieve consistency.  I wish I could afford lessons to find out.

Edited by Cantankerish

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79 my first time playing at langara in vancouver.  temp green on first hole which got me worried the day would be filled with soggy conditions and temp greens, but it was the only hole.  11 pars, 1 bird, and some very messy holes in between. The whole season I've been playing golf swing instead of golf though as I slowly build my new gg swing so the fact I broke 80 for the first time this year, and about 10 times total is a pretty nice accomplishment for me as I'm not actively trying to shape shots at all and still have the odd blowup hole.  But my good shots are so much more on point than in years past and the gap between the average and the good is so much closer.  unfortunately the weather is only going to get worse, and my playing partner officially call it a year after today, so it's gonna be a long winter. 

• Like 1

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

12 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

This appears remarkable to me.  I realize that I have a long way to go, but four birdies on a single round seems out of this world to me because it usually requires gaining strokes via putting.  Were you plopping your approach shots five feet from the flag, gaining strokes on distance, or are you just a fabulous putter?

-------------------------------------------

93 yesterday, putting was abysmal.  7 GIR, 3-putted four times. 6600 yards, which is far for me.

86 today, shorter, more technical course that I know well.  Putting was a bit better. I still left a few putts out. No stats on GIR, but the approach shots were working and I had a lot of pars and bogeys.

As I rein in my drives for more consistency, I have definitely lost some distance.  I will take the exchange, mind you. But I have to wonder if it is necessary to lose the distance to achieve consistency.  I wish I could afford lessons to find out.

When I'm playing smart golf, I score my best rounds. My smart golf is, getting it to the middle of the green. Forget where the pin is, just get it on the green. I can normally 2 putt, and sometimes the pin is in the middle of the green, and I am 3-4 feet away. There are other days where I just can't miss a putt. Not sure why. I walk up to the ball, look down the line, see a spot I want to putt to, and boom, in the hole it goes.

My best round was 6 birdies for 18 holes. Shot a 68.

Unfortunately, I can't always do that. This past Friday I was in a match play tournament. I just couldn't get anything in the hole. Lost 5 & 4. Came back Saturday with a 77, with 2 birdies, and Sunday, shot a 79 with 2 birdies. Teeing off in a little more than an hour for a team match play. We'll see how I putt today.

Edited by Rkrider99
additional info
  • Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

98, which sucks because I felt that I was striking the ball well (by my standards). Driver and fairway wood were outstanding, and I didn't even need to hit any long irons aside from three 190+ par threes.

Shot 43 on the front, with one bad swing costing me an OB penalty resulting in a 7. Aside from that, it was a decent front nine for me.

55 on the back nine. Started out with a lost ball off the tee on #10. Next tee ball was good enough, but the approach shot (4th) required a low punch shot to avoid some overhanging branches. Hit one of the branches and ball bounced right back to where I was standing. Second attempt made it out, ending up a few yards short of the green but damage was done and I chipped onto the green, 2-putted and finished with an 8. Later I carded an 11 after a tee shot into a penalty area, then a drop and another shot into a penalty area, and then a complete failure of short game and finally got on the green in 8, finished off with a 3-putt. Being +11 on those two holes torpedoed any shot of breaking 90, which is what I am trying to be able to achieve with round-to-round consistency.

Best hole of the day was a par five on the back nine. I pulled my drive left, but it made it through the trees along the left untouched to a parallel fairway and rolled out to about 280 yds. Rather than try to punch a shot back into the right fairway, I just played my second shot down the wrong fairway, pitched up onto the green and 2-putted for a routine par.

Still walked off encouraged because I can chalk up my score to a mental breakdown on a few holes rather than some physical issue with my swing.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Well, I shot an ugly 80 today, BUT!! I did have an eagle on a par 4. 85 yards out, approach wedge, watched a 1 bounce into the hole. Otherwise, 1 eagle, 9 pars, 6 bogeys, and 2 doubles. Fell apart on the last 2 holes with the doubles.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Off to a good start with an 82 for my 2019-2020 season. (November 1st through September 30th) I always take October off to screw around with my game, and equipment. 

42/40 with 30 putts, and two chip ins for a par, and a bogey 1. Throw in three one putts for pars, and I am happy with today's effort. 

Shot of the round was a very nice 140 yard 5i to with in 6". Made that putt for a par. Got into little trouble off the tee earlier 

No birds, but no double bogies either. 

Weather is pretty much golf perfect right now. Course conditions are excellent. Not going to waste it. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

90, 45/45. Driver awol but everything else was decent. Chip in birdie on a par three and pars on 4 of the last 7 holes.   It was nice to get out after a 2 week layoff. 

77 today. A strange 41-36 round. I couldn't get started. I felt like I was out for a stroll in the woods the first 9. Well, still bringing the index trend down to a 9.3 now.

Shot 326......for 4 rounds this week. 128 putts. All done in perfect golf weather. Couldn't waste Ma Nature's gift. 

Played pretty consistent for the week. Lots of pars, and bogie 1s. Had 4 birds, but those were offset by 4 double bogies. Had two, par 5  6s, which was kind of a bummer. Pars 5s are usually par, or better for me. 

Had acouple nice recovery shots, that helped erase some poor drives. Made 4 pretty decent, stroke saving, longer putts

Highlight of the week was playing with a couple tourists from Germany. I say highlight because they didn't want, or couldn't take their clubs back to Europe with them. We reached a monetary agreement for a couple sets of Tour Edge stuff, less the bags. . Both sets will go to the local highschool's golf team. 

Been a good week. Next week is a short road trip south for a few days. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

A good round today. Shot a 1 over 73. And it should have been better. Started out with pars on the first 5 holes. Then a bogey on number 6, then birdies on 7, 8, and 9 for a 34. Started the back with pars on the first 3 holes, then disaster with a double on the 13th hole, followed by a birdie, pars on 15 and 16, and bogeys on 17 and 18 for a 39. That double killed me, and the bogeys didn't help. 3 putted those last 2 greens for the bogeys.

Bad day today, with family and prepping for a extended trip I haven't gotten to the range in a while and haven't played either. Well it showed yesterday, I was all over the place, lost four balls. I think I'm done until after the winter, (I'm in New York), will go at it again in the Spring, taking a break.

Palm Valley North/South 18 holes Red Tees 65.0/105. 5400 yards.

The very best I have ever played any variation of the course. Wonderful weather and good pace of play, we zipped along quite well.

Score: 88 with 6 Pars, 8 Bogies, 4 Doubles, 6 Penalties, 2 sand saves, with 11% GIR and 79% FIR.  

I put most of the of the gain in accuracy on the improved strikes with the Ping G410+ and some serious work with accuracy with my irons.

Allowing for handicap, I hit a 73 and came in 3rd.  First time with these guys, acquaintances from the range.

Best shots got me on to the green for a possible birdie on a par five, missed the first slightly right and sank the sphere on a hole I have been known to get an 8 on.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Shot 68 yesterday. It was a great day, had the rare chance to play with my dad and my brother. Took them both on, their best ball vs mine, loser had to pay for dinner. Just to make sure I had no chance to win I gave them a shot a hole.

I gave them a run for their money though, when I shot 31 (-5) on the back side. I was knocking down flags. It could have even been better as I missed two putts inside 8 feet.

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My brother and I went out for 9 today. Neither of us played well. Started +5 through 3, then doubled 4. Then on the fifth, after a nice 3W down the middle, pulled a 6I that hit a tree and rolled right into a divot, adding insult to injury. Ended up with an 8, then played mediocre the rest of the way for a 51. He shot 64. Not good for either of us. I’ll be posting tomorrow and possibly Monday, because we have a fundraiser tournament tomorrow (scramble) and I’m thinking about playing Monday.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played the Mojave GC today in 80+ degree weather. About 100 miles south of Las Vegas. Got to love the desert sw in November, and December. This course is part of the Avi Resort, south of Laughlin NV. 

Carded an 84 (43/41 w 34 putts) for my effort. I missed some putts due to poor reads. Other than a few of those, the rest of my game was pretty good. Pretty much hit all my targeted landing areas. 

I am not usually intimidated by anything. Especially in golf. . That said, this course has a par 3 that would make any amateur think twice. It has an immediate carry over water, to a horizontally thin green. No fairway landing area to speak of. The skinniest part of the green  is where the flag pin is located. Water carries don't bother me. 

On this hole, about 10-15 yards in back of the pin, has an RV park. Any ball hit too far will hit someone's RV, or atleast land in their yard. Swing caution, and club selection takes on a new meaning. 

I elected to swing about 30'feet left of the pin to avoid the RV hazards. I lagged the ball to 3' and made the par putt. 

In My Bag: