IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First match of Vegas Cup, us (Summerlin) versus TPC Vegas. Won our match 5&4, I had six birdies for the 14 holes. Tomorrow is alternate shot then Sunday is singles. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.55.40 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

How can you lose when you're playing with someone named "Seamus"?

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

How can you lose when you're playing with someone named "Seamus"?

Especially when he's the net club champion 😉#teamirish

Mike McLoughlin

Had my first ever eagle today. Par 71 only 5k yard course, but it was cold. Going into the last 4 I was 6 over so I was thinking 2 pars 2 bogeys for under 80. Lost my ball off the 15th tee and had my only double for the day. Pared the next. 17 is a 240 yard par 4. I normally drive the ball 230ish in the summer, but hit one on to the front fringe. 2.5 ft off the green and about 20 ft away from the cup. Drained it. Riding the high, I ended up with a birdie on 18 for a 40+36 76. +5 on the front and even on the back. Great way to end the season potentially.

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Had my first ever eagle today. Par 71 only 5k yard course, but it was cold. Going into the last 4 I was 6 over so I was thinking 2 pars 2 bogeys for under 80. Lost my ball off the 15th tee and had my only double for the day. Pared the next. 17 is a 240 yard par 4. I normally drive the ball 230ish in the summer, but hit one on to the front fringe. 2.5 ft off the green and about 20 ft away from the cup. Drained it. Riding the high, I ended up with a birdie on 18 for a 40+36 76. +5 on the front and even on the back. Great way to end the season potentially.

Nice! I had the same thing happen today. My brother and I played, and he played the reds. 17 is about 240 from the reds. I thought what the heck, I’ll try and drive it. That’s exactly what I did, put it on the back of the green, about 25 feet front the pin. My brother had a similar-looking ball sitting two feet from the pin, and for a second, I thought it was mine!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I actually wasn’t planning on playing today, but the chance of rain went from 80% all the way to 20%, so we made a tee time for about mid-morning. I shot a 48 on the front, which is a bit inflated because I had a 10 on the fourth after taking three shots to get out of a bunker then three-putting. Four pars (on 3, 6, 7 and 9), two of those up-and-down. Back started with a bogey on the par-5 tenth, a bit disappointing since I was only 50 yards out after the second shot. Then after hitting one OB on the next I had an 8, then played +6 the next four holes. Bogeyed 17 and 18 for a 51 on the back and a total 99. Despite the high score, I actually hit the ball well. Some days are just like that: you hit it well but can’t score worth a crap. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot 92. Haven’t played 18 holes in about 6 weeks due to work, weather, and family stuff. Wasn’t expecting much from today. Played a course I have historically played well, and was pretty consistent all day this time around. No real blow up holes, but not enough pars to make up for my doubles. Played from 6500 yards. 

Shot a 81 yesterday. 10 pars, 7 bogeys, and a double. Started the round with the temp at 62 degrees with a 20 mph wind from the north. Ended the round with the temp at 54 degrees. Felt like it was freezing. 50 degrees right now, and more of the same weather today, so I just cancelled our 8 AM tee time.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

90 today.  45/45.  Driver was great.  Approach shots were kinda meh (7 GIR).  Missed an 18 inch putt, but made three from over 8 feet. Par 3s killed me.  But the course we were on has four par 3s.  The distances are like 175, 195, 209, 170.  That's long for me.  Only lost one ball.  Brilliant weather.  Did not sweat a drop.

104 today on a par 71 local course. I am not really improving on the par 71 and 72 courses primarily because I don’t play long par 4 and par 5 holes very often. Gotta work on those this winter.

91 today, very wet. Hit the ball well but direction was a struggle for me today. First round since a lesson the other day, frustrated again.

64 in singles in the Vegas Cup, won 1up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Shot 88 which is a good round for me, but felt it could have been a bit better. Didn't score worse than a 6 on any hole, but also didn't make any birdies or 1-putt pars.

This was one of my better ball striking rounds, and I even had a couple out-of-nowhere, super flush, WTF,  ball striking moments like hitting my 5-wood 245 yards uphill, almost all carry (normal is around 220), or flying my 7-iron 195 yards over a green (normal is around 160-165). My swing just felt comfortable and in control today, not sure how to explain this. I guess practicing every day helps. I still had some costly penalty strokes from wayward shots, which I need to work on eliminating.

I had 12 GIR/nGIR, so I gave myself good chances. 

Duffed a couple short game shots, but luckily they were both from close enough to the green to still reach and roll out enough to leave a reasonable length putt.

Finished with 36 putts, which is more than normal. My typical round is around 32 putts. I'm not a great putter by any means, but this was the first time where I really felt that my putting cost me some strokes.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

After the layoff yesterday because of the cold, came back today and shot a 78. Pair of 39's. 6 pars and 3 bogeys per side. Never got in serious trouble, but didn't have any easy birdie putts either.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

My wife had some family business in Parker, Az today. While there, I played the Emerald Canyon course. 

Carded an 84. (39/45) Missed a few putts, that I think I should have made. Had 35 putts.  Last time I played here, I putted poorly as I recall. 

Nice course for where it's at. Canyon/target golf.with a premium on ball placement off the tee to set up a good second shot. Uneven lies can be a common occurrence.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Since I was late going to the course, I told the guys to go without me and I caught them on the 4th hole. I played the remaining 14 holes 6 over par, so I shot 61...  ;-)

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

11 minutes ago, p1n9183 said:

72-76 (+4) Good weekend overall.
Good: Putting, approach shots
Neutral: Off the tee
Poor: around the green 

Your simple analysis statement is something I also try to do after a round. Sometimes, after a bad round, I can't remember things well enough to figure out what I did wrong that created a domino effect of bad scoring. Then I keep simple records on my next few scorecards, fairways hit, greens hit, up/downs, sand saves and putts. It leads to the kind of thought you just expressed and I highly recommend it as something that might help a lot of people.

Edited by DennisMiller

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...