IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Set a new personal best on a shorter local track today(4932 yds). 81!  6 pars, 2 birdies and only 1 seven. 10 GIR and 40 putts.lol. Left myself some long putts today. Did sink a 25 footer to birdie a 535 yd par 5 (the second hardest hole on the course). 

Wonderful day. This comes just 1 week after a lesson,whole new grip and swing.

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Wow, what a day today! Shot a 75 at Los Altos here in ABQ from the whites. Played absolutely lights-out! Stumbled a little on the front with a 40, but shot a 1-under 35 on the back. Had 5 birdies on the day, with 3 eagle putts! Also, gamegolf says my driver was on-point. More importantly for me though, is the iron play, as that has typically been my weakness. Hopefully can get out and play again this weekend. Will probably do some range/short game work if the weather goes to crap tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.8645209ac08ab244b4c18a178d7d86b9.png

(edited)

83 yesterday, 84 today different course. 7/18 and 9/18 GIR respectively. 

struggling with 3W & 5W; laying off at top of swing resulting in some casting issues. 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First 9 holes of the year. Atrocious. 53. The only club I hit well was my 54. I did hit my 5H okay out of some terrible lies. I had a case of the shanks. I haven't been able to get to the driving range at all for 3 weeks. It was a nice day and I needed to get out of the house.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Finally was able to get out with my golf group for the first time this year. We only played 9 on our home course which isn't even open yet so the greens were atrocious and the course was still pretty soggy. The work I put in in the off season has definitely payed off though ball striking was great aside from 4 shots that I remember. Had 5 GIR which is better than probably any 9 hole round I had last year and it felt easy like I knew I would hit the green when I had a wedge in my hand, definitely not a feeling I'm used to. That being said I left myself some long putts on a few holes and with the greens in the condition they were in just couldn't get down in 2 on the first 2. Other than that what killed me was I hit a really fat approach shot on the dogleg left par 4 5th that led to a bogey and went OB on 7, which is driveable, but OB left is about 5 yards off the fairway and I went about 20 yards left of it on my first shot lol I think I need to reassess my strategy on that hole and just play an iron off the tee. I finished pretty strong but again couldn't roll in a straight forward 7 foot birdie putt on 8. I had 3 make able birdie putts on 4,6 and 8 that I think come mid season I'd knock down at least 1 of them. Do that, knock off the 3 putts (never really been an issue) and play more conservative on 7 I think with how short and easy this 9 is I can hit my goal of shooting under par on it this year. 

image.thumb.png.e7d3be29eda746e9101bf46fd255348a.png

Shot a very ugly 96 yesterday at a new course. Got back to a 78 on my home course today.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

71, 70 this weekend.

Greens were punched, obviously putting was tricky but the soft/sandy made it a lot easier than normal.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Despite the terrible score I came away optimistic. My buddy hit me up late yesterday and wanted to play we were short on time so we only played 9 showed up and went right to the first tee box which is something I never do. It was a course I have only played a couple times and it had been a few years it was very wet, not in great shape and about 35 degrees. I hit a lot of clubs I shouldn't have just not knowing the course and goddamn did I putt horribly. I felt like I couldn't have hit the ball any worse I topped 3 drives, fatted a 5 iron off the tee on 1 plus it was fairly windy and I don't have a rangefinder yet so my distance control on my wedges was atrocious. That being said a 45 was a fairly common score for me last year in good conditions I really don't think I could have played any worse so I hope this was my floor I was honestly a little surprised when I tallied it up at the end I thought I had to be much worse. I'm just dying for course conditions to improve and, ya know, this global pandemic to be taken care of so I can actually enjoy a real round of golf. Instead of that happening though the governor just shut down the state (apparently my job is essential so I still have to work) and we got 2 inches of snow last night soooo fml. 

image.thumb.png.d8509111d260de863cf0528ad1fe8075.png

88.  Driver was working again 5th time in 6 rounds, and this is a new trend for me.  I sent two approach shots into the drink, and that really was the difference between the decent score I got and perhaps a great score.  I am becoming dissatisfied with bogeys.  With much fewer drives sailing into back yards and ponds, I feel like I have a shot at par on nearly every hole.

After the 78 on Friday, I shot an 80 on Saturday, an 81 yesterday, and an 82 today. I'm going the wrong way.

Taking tomorrow off, then another 6 days straight of golf.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

79 today and felt awesome. New clubs really felt great. And in so glad to report that my putting/short game was the culprit rather than the f****** s*****. I actually had six birdie putts ...all under 8’ with 4 of them under 5’....and missed them all. Drives and irons were great and damn it felt nice! We’re using the pool noodles like other than places and one birdie putt lipped the right side. It was real tough to determine if it would’ve dropped if the noodle wasn’t there. It just barely rolled off the right edge and looked like it wobbled. But I considered it missed. But hey....great round!

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

79 today and felt awesome. New clubs really felt great. And in so glad to report that my putting/short game was the culprit rather than the f****** s*****. I actually had six birdie putts ...all under 8’ with 4 of them under 5’....and missed them all. Drives and irons were great and damn it felt nice! We’re using the pool noodles like other than places and one birdie putt lipped the right side. It was real tough to determine if it would’ve dropped if the noodle wasn’t there. It just barely rolled off the right edge and looked like it wobbled. But I considered it missed. But hey....great round!

How’s your body feel? 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

How’s your body feel? 

Doing well Scott! Thanks for asking. I’m not going to do any heavy lifting but so far I can swing liberally. I’m back to doing the Venetos swing. Working well for me.🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Shot 69 yesterday on the last day the courses will be open until at least April 11.

First round in a month. I had a tooth become infected and I almost ended up in the hospital. Had to have surgery to drain the infection, it was bad. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

And the trend continues, 84 today. But, in my defense, we moved back a set of tees today, something different.

2 hours ago, NM Golf said:

Shot 69 yesterday on the last day the courses will be open until at least April 11.

First round in a month. I had a tooth become infected and I almost ended up in the hospital. Had to have surgery to drain the infection, it was bad. 

Glad you’re feeling better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shot a 76 yesterday and a 77 today. I think I'm starting to dial the new clubs in.

71, 69 this weekend.

Won my match yesterday 3&1. One of those events where you play a match every two weeks.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram