IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I was very pleased to have been +2 after 12 holes including this stuck 7i from 163yds for a tap in birdie: 

6342040D-434F-485D-A9B3-417D896DE338.thumb.jpeg.465b947692c900e80083a531f54a2f53.jpegUnfortunately prior to the round I had a worthy fight with a sauerkraut/polish sausage dish. I hadn’t consumed enough water, hot day and well....I was on the verge of bringing a new meaning to ‘ disinfecting the cart after the round.’ So I had to pack it up. Damn good thing I live 3 minutes from the course. 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

80, with 3, count ‘em THREE doubles...  :doh:

Three bad swings notwithstanding, I struck the ball well though, so it’s all good.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

80, with 3, count ‘em THREE doubles...  :doh:

Three bad swings notwithstanding, I struck the ball well though, so it’s all good.

Damn! That’s nice! What caused the DB’s? Penalties? Driving? 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

Damn! That’s nice! What caused the DB’s? Penalties? Driving? 

Three wet drives.  Just 3 bad swings that came out of nowhere.  The last 2 on 17 and 18.  Good grief.

Lipped out an eagle from the fringe.  Like yours, kick in birdies are nice though.

In David's bag....

Since courses are still closed in NV, drove to a course in CA that is just past the NV border. Shot 69 (-2), 69 at Primm, Lakes course. Really great layout, rivaled Shadow Creek when it first opened. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

77 in today's Match Play. 2 doubles, 4 bogeys, 3 birdies, and 9 pars.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Today I shot a very mediocre 45-50. Tale of two nines. The front-nine 45, as some of you may know based on my posts in this thread, is a solid score for me. But I hit all but three greens. The ones I missed accounted for five of my nine strokes over par. And I three-putted four of the greens that I hit for bogey. Ballstriking was superb on the front nine. I could’ve honestly shot 38 or 39.

Then to the back nine. Putting was better. Still not great, but better. Ballstriking was not quite as good. I had two holes that really inflated my score. On 14, I hit one OB, which resulted in a triple. On 18, I came up just short of the green, which isn’t bad on that hole but I shanked a wedge into a bunker (the only bunker I was in all day), and it all went downhill from there. That was the only hole where chipping failed me. Everywhere else, chipping was good.

I had two nice up-and-down pars. On the 15th hole, I shortsided myself and had to go around a bunker. Before I hit, I told my brother it was gonna be near impossible to get it close. Then I surprised myself by chipping it to a foot. The other one unfolded in the same fashion. Hopefully, I can get my putting on point when I play again tomorrow.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

43,48 for 91 off blue tees today.  Started off pretty good on the front, with one birdie but I think I was working on too many thoughts today. Minor grip change, alignment and trying to incorporate all the drills I have been working on and had a couple of bad  holes on the back, especially the last hole. Two triples make a score balloon pretty fast.  

First round of golf at my local .. 47/43 no flags in and I never seen info on pin positions white board to end of the game ... so pretty happy overall after a 6wk break >> playing tomorrow ..will be taking down hole positions >>

Go Foxy Go

Hi fellow golfers.

Monday I played Fort Hays Municipal Golf Course. (Hays, Kansas) 

They have bumpers on the flag sticks so you don't have to handle the flag or reach into the cup hole to retrieve your ball. 

From the whites: 

Front nine I shot a 44 with an Eagle on a short par 4. Nice drive off the tee and then hit the bumper on my 2nd shot of 60 yards for an Eagle. (Using my "A" wedge)

Back nine I shot a 43 for a total of 87. 

I was only in the rough 1 time and had a stroke penalty to move the ball out from under a tree. 

Beautiful weather, and a great round. 

Very Happy Retired Old Man. :D (73 years old) 

Retired Old Man

• Upvote 1

Callaway Rogue Driver, 12.5 loft, regular shaft, draw

Pure Spin 60* Loft Wedge, Stiff Shaft

Pure Spin "A" Wedge, Regular Flex

Irons are G-15 Pings, 5 iron - Pitching Wedge

Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, regular flex                        Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, regular flex

Callaway Cobra Hybrid #3 & #5

Mallet Style Putter 

First post-lockdown round of 2020.  Shot a 75 at Green Oaks from a combo set of tees playing around 6,000 yards.   I was prepared for the worst and hoped for the best.  This time hope won out.

Brian Kuehn

2 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

First post-lockdown round of 2020.  Shot a 75 at Green Oaks from a combo set of tees playing around 6,000 yards.   I was prepared for the worst and hoped for the best.  This time hope won out.

Nice! 

Wish I could get in the mid 70's. My best has been an 82 and 84 and both were last year. 

Congratulations, 

Retired Old Man

• Upvote 1

Callaway Rogue Driver, 12.5 loft, regular shaft, draw

Pure Spin 60* Loft Wedge, Stiff Shaft

Pure Spin "A" Wedge, Regular Flex

Irons are G-15 Pings, 5 iron - Pitching Wedge

Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, regular flex                        Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, regular flex

Callaway Cobra Hybrid #3 & #5

Mallet Style Putter 

Shot a 77 today from the back tees. An impromptu round when one of the guys called this morning and asked if I wanted to play. Ran out there, and a real easy going no pressure round.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

This is my best round post since I joined this forum. After my sorta trash round yesterday, I went out there and shot a solid 46-44 for 90. None of my single-hole scores were over a six, and only one of those was on a par 3. There was a six-hole stretch (holes 8-13) where I played +3: three pars and three bogeys.

But here’s the thing. I missed a two-foot par putt on 17. I hit two solid shots into the par-5, then hit a chip shot to six feet. You can infer what happened there. I had a 12-footer for birdie on the last to erase that mistake, but it slid just past, and I settled for a solid par.

Putting was better than yesterday, but I was still struggling with distance control. Ballstriking was better than yesterday, and I hit ten fairways and seven greens. Short game didn’t fail me at all today.

I just had to mention this here: my brother hit two very lucky shots on the 11th. First I’ll lay out the hole. The 11th at this particular course is a 366-yard par four, almost a 90-degree dogleg to the right. The entire hole plays downhill, and you hit over water on the second shot.

He pushed his tee shot very far to the right, but also high and far. It easily cleared the  treeline (he wasn’t trying to do that at all) and when we got to his ball, he was less than 100 out. Pictures below. He then thinned his second, but it skipped across the pond, and rolled onto and over the green. I just found it unbelievable that those two lucky shots happened back-to-back.

I’m hoping to keep this solid play up tomorrow! 

• Upvote 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played 36 today, and finished in 5:50   :-)

78/79 with 2 birdies and a double on each round.  Started with 4 straight bogies, so I’m pleased that I recovered from that.  None of the birdies were new for the birdie challenge though...  😑

In David's bag....