IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Another 42-39 type day, today. Just couldn't get anything going.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 76 today with 4 birdies and 2 doubles. Pretty pleased with the round considering I was +5 after 4 holes. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Shot 90 today. Had a chance to break 90 but doubled 18. Played fairly consistent from a scoring perspective but my swing came and went throughout the round. Scrapped together a decent score for me. Handicap will come down again. 

Another 40 - Driving is still erratic, but I’ve been rescuing well And getting into position to have a chance at par. Had my first birdie on the only hole I got it in the fairway. Also parred the two par 3s. The second one was only 136, but into a headwind. I used a 6 iron!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I shot 72 today. I have had a bunch of these rounds lately. Not bad just can't really get anything going. I was 0 for 7 on putts 6-8 feet which was very frustrating. Struck the ball very well, only hit 43% of the fairways, but missed 5 fairways by less than 2 yards. 61% GIR, but again missed 3 greens by less than a yard. 

280170899_score5-19.png.6e4f4971e15e14ba48cada0dccd11624.png

Going forward, I just need to keep plugging away and working on my game. COVID-19 has been great for my golf game (once the courses opened), I am at the golf course 6-7 days a week. Just need to get a little sharper around the green and get the putter going. Ball striking is really getting where I want it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator

69 at Whispering Woods. Second 69 of the year. Playing pretty well right now, and when I f*** up a shot, it's still in a decent position, generally. Like the 9I I bladed off the downslope on the edge of the fairway on 8 today. Hit a great pitch to a foot from the bottom of the slope to the green above my head.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

78 using a blended set of tees to get us at around 6,000 yards at Kensington Metro Park.  We have had a lot of rain and today was wet, cool and windy.  It was my first time with 4 carts.  We moved around the sparsely populated course fairly quickly.  I like the two drive and two walk system but this was a close second.

Brian Kuehn

39/40=79 with a double and 2 birdies.

Got smoked in our 4-ball by 2 guys who shot 73/74 with 9 birdies between them...none on the same hole!  😑

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

72 today, two birdies, two bogeys. Really solid round in the wind. 

Won a match today 3&1 against a +2 who bombs it.

Second round of our gross play championship. Moving on to semifinals which is at the end of the month.

61162877892__4678BD91-F406-4C95-964B-C742F001D2F9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

79 from the black tees today. A couple of 3 putts really screwed me up.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

46,41 for 87 off blue tees today, no 3 putts. One birdie but should have been two.  Our course went to noodle inserts and I chipped a 9i in from about  25-30' but it rolled through on the high side and finished 2ft past the hole.  Because it was a group skins game my partners wouldn't allow it but it would have stayed in if the hole was deeper imo.

Played at another local course today "Alexandra" brimming with confidence(4th round so far this week)

1st tee off PAR4 not the worst shot just off the left side of fairway ....but could I find my ball in the light rough !!!! that lead to couple rough double bogeys .. once I finally pulled my head in put in a 45 for the front nine ... had a string of PAR's and birdie chances to be on my way to post a decent sub HC round ...but sadly after having nil issues over the first 14 holes ....came up behind a 4some of old boys club that were trying to get past an even slower older couple that seem to be trying to play muti ball out in heavy rough !!!!! FFS!! ... slowed my game right down and no way the 4some would let me pass... so made a few dumb shots to take a 43 on the back nine for a 88 for the day 

Go Foxy Go

Shot a great 73 (37-36) yesterday. That was with my new Mavrik driver that I picked up in the pro shop 5 minutes before tee time. I was able to hit about 2 balls on the driving range, and then off we went. That driver is so easy to hit. Can't wait to see what I can do once I get used to it.

I've been pretty good to date this year but shot a scrambling 44-46-90 yesterday because of poor driving. Hit two balls OB from the tee and only hit three fairways. The rough is brutal right now and I need to hit more fairways. Just the range today. 

Bill M

Shot a 99 on a course this morning that I have never broke 100 on. The course was quite flooded and almost every shot plugged so I was happy finally breaking 100 on this seemingly, nemesis course. Another small feat to keep me motivated!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Another 73 today with the new Mavrik driver. One of those days when you step up to the first tee, and just feel good about the upcoming game.

Front 9, 8 GIR's, 1 birdie, 8 pars for a 1 under 35. Back 9, only 4 GIR's, 1, birdie, 1 double bogey, 1 bogey, 6 pars for a 2 over 38.

39/39=78 with 2 doubles.  Ugh.

Got smoked in our 4-ball again.  I’m accepting applications for a new partner.  :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1