IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

38 on the back nine from the tips. Wanted to keep going but lightning/rain came hard and fast. Birdied 15 and 18. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot 10 today 😉

Hit GIR from here on the 2nd hole:

8FE1E135-D6DC-4FE0-AD67-2E876F33B03E.jpeg

And this was the green:

D0EE17C7-7C12-4889-A708-648810FE3737.jpeg

It wasn’t raining that hard when I teed off, then it started down pouring on the 2nd tee.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Shot a new personal low today, 73 including a -1 35 on the front 9, pretty sure it's the first time I have broken par for 9 holes.

I hit one of the best and most clutch iron shots I've ever hit on the 9th hole. I was even par through 8 holes, 1 birdie, 1 bogey, and 6 pars to that point. The 9th is a par 5, hit the tee shot into some trees on the right, punched out with 3 iron, had 180 left for my 3rd, put a 6 iron to 2.5 feet and tapped it in to end the front 9 at -1. 

Hit 7/14 fairways and 13/18 GIR with one of the 4 missed greens being on the fringe.

In my last two rounds I have hit 14 and 13 GIR, driver has been very solid too, no penalty strokes or lost balls over the last two rounds. 

Handicap continues to lower, this round might drop me below 5 because I think it will kick out a 7 differential.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Shot a personal best 80 today, just nipping my previous personal best of 81. Had 14 GIR/nGIR, and only two penalty drops from balls landing in red staked areas. Shot 39 on the front, 41 on the back. Had a chance to break 80 on the final hole with 20 foot par putt, but came up a little short.

Started off the round with two cold tops on the first hole leaving me 150 yards from the rough, uphill to the green, and scored a 6 (+2). A bad lie after a nGIR approach on the second hole led to a chunked pitch, and another 6 (+2). Had a third 6 (+2) on the front after thinning an approach (stinger wedge) into a creek. But among those bad holes were a bogey, 2 pars, and 3 birdies, so I played myself back into a good score.

Second nine was solid except for two holes where I scored 6 (+2). First bad hole I thinned my tee shot with a 6-iron and didn't cover the forced carry, so had to drop. Second bad hole I misjudged a punch shot from under a tree and it didn't roll out enough, leaving a 60-yard pitch to the hole which was left, leaving another pitch on, and 2 putts. I birdied my nemesis par-3 hole, which basically makes this round a win, regardless of score.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

After two 73's with the new Mavrik driver, it betrayed me today with an 83. Ok, so maybe it wasn't the drivers fault.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

84 at Oriole Golf Club today.  It is my personal best for 18 holes on a par 72 course, and I am quite proud of it.  An unremarkable 45 on the front and 39 on the back, just as the sun was going down.  I was hitting bombs today, but I lost four strokes to OB tee shots and I got 6, 7, 7, 4 on the par 5s anyway.  So, the length that usually saves me strokes was not especially helpful.

Props:

-The $12.99 used 49 degree wedge I got from Ebay, though it has a low bounce and I do not quite have the hang of it yet.

-I pulled my tee shot on the short par 4 13th into the street.  It bounced once or twice on the road, off a moving pickup truck (sorry about that !), and landed near the 14th tee box, about 387 yards from where I stood.  So props to the driver of that truck for saving me two stokes.

-Oriole Golf Club for always being friendly to random scrubs like me.

-My wife for not giving me a hard time for golfing today.

-Mvmac's thread on flighted wedges.  I used it all day.

Slops:

-The foursome in front of us for playing so slow, though they were friendly.

-The 9th hole at Oriole for owning me.  I have never parred it.

-Three-putting 2, 3, and 8.

-My nephew for never waiting for other players to hit.

Cheers, mates.

11 hours ago, billchao said:

I shot 10 today 😉

Hit GIR from here on the 2nd hole:

8FE1E135-D6DC-4FE0-AD67-2E876F33B03E.jpeg

And this was the green:

D0EE17C7-7C12-4889-A708-648810FE3737.jpeg

It wasn’t raining that hard when I teed off, then it started down pouring on the 2nd tee.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Very consistent golf today in the wind, seven birdies, two doubles, 69 😛

Had a chance to shoot 20-something on the back nine. Good drive on 18 and spun a wedge off the green into the water.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

76 (38-38) from the black tees today, but it wasn't easy. Started out double bogey, birdie, double bogey. Had 1 more birdie on the front, and 5 pars. On the back it was 3 bogeys, and I birdied the last hole for that 38.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I shot an 88 on Saturday and turned around and shot a 79 today.  Was fighting my grip all day Saturday, but think I got it under control today.  Today had 1 double on each side that hurt, but not as bad as missing 3 birdie putts under 6', aerated greens get me every time.

Gus
---------------

75 today, four birdies, two doubles, sloppy putting, law of averages day lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

89 at my local played the blue tees 6800yards+ 

poor putting far too many 2-3 feet missed... was rushing my game as had limited time to play the 18 .. had some really nice drives couple over 300yards  

Go Foxy Go

Shot a 41 with no hooks! Had three up and downs and only 13 putts with 5 one putts.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

After chipping in for eagle on #10, I was at -4  during a round for the first time ever. (Pretty sure I had never been 3 under)  I don't think that I actually "choked" but did let a few get away at the end (damn trees).  Still encouraged with my 71 and first sub-par round of the year!

Today, in less-than-ideal conditions, I shot 45-47 for a 92. I had a stretch of seven bogeys in a row on the toughest stretch on the course (6-12), where there’s only one ‘breather’ hole, the last hole in that stretch. My iron play was the best it’s been in a while, and I had at least a par putt on 15 holes, four of those inside three feet, but I couldn’t make a thing. 

I only hit one truly disappointing shot today. On the par-3 17th, I pulled a 7I about forty feet left of the green and ended up with triple, having a restricted backswing on my chip shot. But otherwise, a pretty fair day in wet/rainy conditions. I gave myself a chance to make some putts, which I’m really pleased about.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

An 81 today from the back tees. I was whining all day about the terrible play, but then I realized that would have killed to have an 81 from any tee a few years ago. All is good.

• Like 1