IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

Catching up with some scores from the past couple of weeks that I haven't gotten a chance to post...

2 weeks ago, last round with my old irons, turns out to be my best nine EVER. Very consistent, no major blowups - 43. 6/7 Fairways - I avg. about 4 per nine holes - it's amazing how much that helps. 2 GIR and 14 putts - which is awesome for me - 5-2 puts, 4-1 puts - and 3/6 on up-and-down opportunities - short game practice is paying off. No birdies, 5 pars, 1 bogey, 2 doubles, 1 triple. I won my match 5-4, and my partner and I won low net by 5 strokes.

Last week, first round ever with my new irons - and I come back and throw up another 43! (My previous best 18-hole score is a 90.) Also, just very consistent with no blow-ups. 4/7 FW, only 1 GIR, 15 putts (2-3 putts (Doh!), but also 3-1 putts, and 1-0 putt). 2-5 on ups-and-downs. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 3 bogeys, and 3 doubles. I won my match 5 1/2 - 3 1/2, and my partner and I won low net by 7 strokes.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about my game right now. I won't get to play any rounds this week, but I should be playing 36 next week.

• Replies 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

I played a par 3 at lunch today and threw up a really ugly 37. 4 pars, 3 bogeys, 1 double, and one snowman thanks to my lack of a gap wedge. I tried to hit a light PW on a 109 yd. hole and flew the green into the drink. The hole was a train wreck from there. 2 penalties and some poor decision making and rushing killed me. The greens at this place are horrible, cut like the fringe on a real course, but it's a fun little course - water comes into play on 6 of the holes.

A blasted 86... tripled one hole when my ball was stuck between the edge of the bunker and the rough. Flubbed that shot (which wasn't bad considering the lie) into the bunker, which plugged my ball at the top... missed that out on the green, chip and two putt.. So bad.

I played a par 3 course last thursday for a practice round (for my high school team)

we didn't have to keep score. since my putting held up okay, I shot a 3 over 30

Shot an 80 today (42-front/38-back). Total of 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogies, 3 doubles. Total of 25 putts, hit 8/14 fairways, 3/18 greens. Yeahh I don't know why I even keep these stats.

40. Finally fixed my driving - long and straight (including a 340 yard corner-cutting bomb that reduced the 400 yard second hole to a chip away), chipping was so-so - bladed the hell out of a few of them but somehow got away with it - putting was money inside of five feet, the only problem was lagging a putt inside of five feet to begin with. The let-down was ballstriking - absolutely horrid.

5/7 fairways, 3/9 greens (need I say more?), 16 putts, with 3 up's and down's.

Shot 78 from the white tees (par was 71).

Had a couple of holes where my tee shot got me into trouble and instead of punching back out into the fairway I tried to be a hero & make something out of nothing :(

I managed to shoot a 40 despite playing like a donkey.

I didn't warm up at all, took no practice swing on the first hole, made a 5 on the par 3.

Second hole a 515 yard par 5 I scuff my drive and hit it a measly 245, proceed to top a 5-Wood, shank a pitching wedge, and lip out a 40 yard lob wedge before a tap in par.

3rd hole 425 Par-4, I hit a pretty crappy drive pulling it into the left rough, 150 away, then catch a 7-iron a little thin and over the green, I then chip it BACK over the front like a donkey, then pitch up to about 2 inches and tap in for a bogey.

4th hole 415 yard Par-4 with a slight dogleg. I was really pissed off at this point and decided to play a ridiculously aggressive shot, taking a line straight at the hole and I absolutely rip my drive leaving me on the fringe. I proceed to get up and down for birdie moving me back to 2-Over.

5th Hole a 185 yard Par-3 I hit a nice easy 6-Iron to 15 feet and lip out. Frownz.

6th Hole a 450 Dogleg Right, I rip my drive down to 45 yards away, again cutting the corner a little, leave a lob-wedge short, then get up and down almost holing out for birdie.

7th Hole I hit a horrrrrrrible drive on this 465 yard par-4 but get an insanely lucky kick off of a slope next to a fairway bunker and end up 145 out. I chunk a small 8-Iron (lots of wind trying to keep it a little bit lower) but it still manages to roll up on to the front of the green, and I proceed to 2-Putt it.

8th Hole I play very textbook and have a nice drive, Sand Wedge, 2-Putt.

9th Hole I decide that I want to throw it away and play like a complete ass. I sky a drive like 200 yards, then come up a little bit short from about 230 with a 4-Iron, and then hit a ****ing awful chip 30 feet short and 3-Putt because I'm awful.

I hate rounds like that where I throw away a good round by playing like a donkey on the last hole.

Today I shot a 59-46, LOL. I played pretty solid from 9 on. Parred 9, then had some blow up holes on the back, but got a birder on 17, long par 4 about 450. Hit a great drive, about 190 to the pin, back pin location. Then a 5 iron to about 7 feet. The front nine was terrible. Shank, shank, shank.

Oh and on top of that, we were waiting infront of the people infront of us all day.

Shot 69 today (-3). That makes 6 consecutive rounds in the 60's. I am a little worried that I am peaking early for the club championship next month. I shot 33- 36. I made 5 birdies on the front including 4 in a row. I really did not putt all that well though (33 putts) or I could have gone really low.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got a 73 on a par 72. Not bad considering I have tendinitus now in my elbow which causes me not to be able and swing as hard as I'm used to. Took a little getting used to.

Great round! Nothing wrong with slowing down a swing. A controlled swing often translates to solid shots.

I shot a lethargic 2 under 68. Just didn't quite have the energy level I would have liked to have had. Quite happy with the outcome considering.

Shot a 92 at the Tradition Club on Pawley's Island, SC on Friday. Had a 43 front, 3 pars, 6 bogeys, including two poorly missed short putts (I think they top dressed recently - they were SLOWWWW! but I didn't adjust well) The heat got me on the back, and I made some horrible decisions, and just bad shots. result - 49!!!! Worst nine I have played in over a year, I think. Had to par the 18th just to keep under 50.

Glad to be back home where the heat index will be a measly 95 today.

Great round! Nothing wrong with slowing down a swing. A controlled swing often translates to solid shots.

Great round! Yah I'm starting to see that it might have been good for me to get tendinitus to see what it is like to slow down a little. I might actually stay hitting like that. LOL. Goes to show you never know where life will lead ya.